aaa trouble getting to forums - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: trouble getting to forums

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 02-Oct-00  @  05:30 PM   -   trouble getting to forums

pizza crust

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I'm having trouble getting to the forums from
the main page using the drop-down box...
the only thing I can get to is this forum because it has a link further down the page....
can anyone help?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/25             04-Oct-00  @  05:21 AM   -   RE: trouble getting to forums

H

On my MAC G4 450 I get some bullshit about incorrect
identifier or something.I'm the only person in my town
w/ a Mac so tech support is out of the question so I
guess Ill go to macfixit site w/ a desription of
problem(I can create a topic there) and maybe somebody
there can tell me what info i need to provide I'll try
to get it done some time this week!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 12/25             04-Oct-00  @  02:25 PM   -   RE: trouble getting to forums

pizza crust

ok... here's what I'm seeing...

I am at the home page. I click on the forum box down arrow, and the drop down box appears....

I move my mouse over the selections, until "Music & Tech" is highlighted. I click once on that selection, and it tries to go somewhere... and I then receive the error page.

I get to the drum forum page by using the link lower in the page....

I also noticed that when I get to the drum forum page, and I highlight & click on any selection in the forum drop-down box, it does not automatically try to jump, like it did on the home/intro page. Instead, it just fills in the drop down box with my selection, and so I use the arrow button to the right of the box to try to jump... but I still get the error page anyway.....

Message 13/25             04-Oct-00  @  05:18 PM   -   RE: trouble getting to forums

damballah

Link?:  Link

This post is from a mac. I post from both. It must be yours, H.

Message 14/25             04-Oct-00  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: trouble getting to forums

pizza crust

for some reason, Netscape Navigator works ok, but
everyone I've asked that tried it here at work has the same problem using IE....

Message 15/25             04-Oct-00  @  10:12 PM   -   RE: trouble getting to forums

H

I'm taking my MAC over to my techs place and removing
all Microsoft from this machine it's just not
natural!!!!!!!

Message 16/25             05-Oct-00  @  04:52 AM   -   RE: trouble getting to forums

H

D what processor and OS and browser.It could be an
extension conflict........................

Message 17/25             05-Oct-00  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: trouble getting to forums

damballah

H: G4 (450, I think), OS 9.0.2, Navigator 4.7, LAN connection

Message 18/25             06-Oct-00  @  01:52 AM   -   RE: trouble getting to forums

k

the sad fact is, macs are bollox for the internet.. ever single project ive ever worked on that involved mac's was a disaster, and macromedia products too, they are the bane of my fucking life, especially that dreamweaver, and some other bollox called Fireworks by who i dont know... anyways, the tofffee they churn out defies belief. macs + web = graphics image based stuff, nothing ever to do with data, portability, browser freindlyness etc etc.. one project wouldnt even run on mac/netscape 4.6 and it is always endless problems with browser compatibility, filetypes etc etc.., anyways, when i see mac on a project, i know 100% sure the person is REALLY, originaly a graphic designer tendering for web work utilising automated editors, ... and i run for the hills... :-)

Message 19/25             06-Oct-00  @  06:07 AM   -   RE: trouble getting to forums

damballah

Hey! I don't do it anymore, but when I was I was hand-coding stuff in bbedit and using photoshop to do the gifs and jpegs. And we'd set up indexing and database searches on a IIci. Then we ported everything over to NT4 and IIS (some consultant convince the boss, we were pushing for bsd and apache) and had to spend an ungodly amount of time fixing it. It's people with zero graphic design experience and FrontPage that should make you run for the hills.

Message 20/25             06-Oct-00  @  07:40 AM   -   RE: trouble getting to forums

H

I do video production and the only affordable way to do
pro 16:9(widescreen) productions is a G4 and Final Cut
Pro.Since apple makes the machine and the software when
I'm on a deadline and have a problem I only have to
call 1 number.Plus it's lossless from the camera to the
mac through firewire.Adobe editor just can't stabd up
to FCP.I deal with NTSC and PAL clients too.Maybe if I
can stop spending $3k for every new piece of vid gear I
need I'll get a PC to surf w/ but I'm getting a boat
that I have to rig w/ gimbalized camera support and
were talking $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)