aaa what should I buy? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: what should I buy?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 05-Apr-98  @  03:00 AM   -   what should I buy?

program12

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I have an Ensoniq ASR10. I am producing my own ambient/techno. I really enjoy acid sounds and want some in my music. My ASR is everything I need. However I want to add a nice (minimal) ACID sound in real time. I am considering either the MC-303 or the TEEBEE-303. A friend suggested the NOVATION BASS STATION but I'm not familiar with that. Any suggetions??
Jason
www.geocities.com/area51/dimension/5808

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/28             09-Apr-98  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: what should I buy?

FRANK

I think if you want to use only 303 sounds then buy the TB 303 (I WISH I COULD GET THEY IN FUCKIN GERMANY) but if you wanny check some new other expiriences in some new ways of sound then by the MC 303 GROOVEBOX. THEY COULD DO MORE AS YOU THINK YOU NEED!

BYE FRANKY

Message 12/28             10-Apr-98  @  12:43 AM   -   RE: what should I buy?

retro96

K;

Obvious;
There is only one tb-303 w/sequencer and carrying case.

everything else is different, no-where near it, can't touch it. THEY are DIFFERENT synths that sound different play different and act different, The SH-101 and MC-202 sound very close to a TB-303 sometimes!! but they are different, sound different and made different.

Go out into the world and listen !!! Listen to everything, and buy what sounds good to YOU! hey, people thought they sounded horrible only 10 years ago, infact, thought they sucked so bad they gave them to little babies to play with, dribble, slobber and poo on.. then they threw them in the trash can closed the lid and had them disposed of proper like..

Message 13/28             14-Apr-98  @  10:22 AM   -   RE: what should I buy?

X2C4NRG

I also have an Ensoniq ASR-10 and I use the Novation Bass Station. Its dope cause you can filter external sounds. I use either the sounds in it or I use a Roland sound module for external sounds. You can even filter your own sampled sounds. It has a super high resonance so you can get that ear piercing sound or you can go hella low to get that super "fat" bass. Check out the Super Bass Station or even the Super Nova from Novation. One complaint about it though, you can only play one key at a time. That sucks but other than that the Bass Station is the bomb! I also use ReBirth RB-338. I like it too because it has that "trancy" sound. I definatly believe it is worth $180. I have all I need except for the original TB-303 and thats next as soon as I get $11OO. HIGH SOCIETY '98-SPEEDBUMP MUSIC-WESTCOAST USA

Message 14/28             14-Apr-98  @  12:55 PM   -   RE: what should I buy?

palmier

Buy a fucking guitar, you pack of feral losers!

Message 15/28             14-Apr-98  @  02:25 PM   -   RE: what should I buy?

steve

Hey dude pack in the guitar is better vibe or I'll get my
mate Pete Townshend ontah yah!

Message 16/28             16-Apr-98  @  04:57 AM   -   RE: what should I buy?

X2C4NRG

Buy the Novation Bass Station. I figured out how create straight trance-acid basslines. You CAN use more than one key at a time. Bass Station is the bomb! It has the dopest filters.

Message 17/28             20-Apr-98  @  03:42 AM   -   RE: what should I buy?

bob

Hmm, didn't know the tb303 was so popular these days, I have one sitting around somewhere, maybe sometime I'll pull it out and fiddle with it, I haven't yet, but all this uproar makes me wonder what it sounds like.

Message 18/28             22-Apr-98  @  12:38 AM   -   RE: what should I buy?

Antonio_carlo

Whatever you do, spend at least an hour with any machine you're going to purchase. Make a song with it. If you don't know how, the machine's probably too advanced for you. In the end, if you're smart, you'll end up with an MC-505. period.

Antonio Barros
Alta Loma, California

Message 19/28             23-Apr-98  @  04:52 AM   -   RE: what should I buy?...buy a TBS-303!

imdead1

For all you who havent checked out the samples of the TBS-303, it sounds E-X-A-C-T-L-Y like the original TB. From what I've heard it uses essentially the same analog modeling as the original. The only difference in the TBS is the fact that it requires a Midi keyboard to operate it(it has no built in keyboard) which kinda sux.

Message 20/28             16-May-98  @  03:07 AM   -   RE: what should I buy?

pedicelli

C'mon guys, if you want the acid sound and feel (if you can't get the original TB-303), ya get RB-338 v.1.5 (or higher) and a Roland MCR-8.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)