aaa TECHNO PHYLOSOPHY - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: TECHNO PHYLOSOPHY

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 26-Apr-98  @  11:18 PM   -   TECHNO PHYLOSOPHY

celti dream

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

on the verge of world wide-breakdown some of us beleave this to be the last line of defense....music is breaking down life,not based on society's term....but creating an alternite rought...making a path for a brighter future."parties",as many perfer to call them,i beleive to be the gathering in wich the music describes to us so well...a

RAVES ,to me its NOT a trend,therefor i will not be afread to call them any thing less then they are...RAVES....

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/21             01-May-98  @  07:53 AM   -   RE: TECHNO PHYLOSOPHY

celtic dream

its pritty dope how I just wanted to discuss techno with you guys and all you can do is shit on me. I have nothing agenst you,and I dont beleive I said any thing offencive....you tell me reality is a 9 to 5 job,well I have a job, you tell me to drowned it in a bottle of boose,well Ive done one to many drugs and music and positivity is some of the only things keeping me sain......... no techno wont save the world, but its sure helping me............the "chill" zone,"pure".....sounds good to me!!!!!........Trance Will Never Die.......>>>>PEACE<<<<

Message 12/21             02-May-98  @  12:44 AM   -   RE: TECHNO PHYLOSOPHY

thereisnogod

I'm more than happy to talk techno with anybody. It didn't quite seem that that's what you wanted to do. I agree that music is way better than drugs - I don't take them, but you seem alot more interested in society and culture than techo. I was only trying to point out that techno is no different than any other music. It's great that it makes you feel good - me too. I really like to dance and make music, and lots of other stuff to make me feel better. If I had a car to go to raves, and such, maybe I wouldn't drink so much, but.........

So let's talk music; "techno phylosophy" You mentioned trance, so we'll make that der first topic. I agree that it will never die. Trance is one of the oldest music forms. Consider traditional Indian and chinese music. It's some trancy shit. How about chanting, It's the basis for modern western musics. I suggest you check out, estonian composer, Arvo Part. His piece fratres has a 5th drown throughout the entire duration - it's beautiful. Well, my point to this, in part, was to distinguish type of music from what it is performed on. There is a very divers world of music that could be described as techno. Instrumentation is changing, but the fundamentals of music, and the way it makes people feel, haven't changed, and probably won't - I hope not. This is why I said there is no techno movement. My intention was to be drastic, and I was apparantly successful. consider the chill zone entered.

Message 13/21             04-May-98  @  05:50 AM   -   RE: TECHNO PHYLOSOPHY

imdead1

Aint sure what's goin on, but Amon Tobin's music'll change whatever the fuck he wants it to change!
The man is the god of electronic#@!

Message 14/21             05-May-98  @  05:30 AM   -   RE: TECHNO PHYLOSOPHY

andy ( is everyone fucking crazy?)

Shit, since when did the 'techno philosophy' become the hot topic of debate around here? no music will save the world. it sure as hell helps my world tho...it seems we are going a wee bit overboard when the deep global social implications of some 4/4 loops and acid lines become (in the minds of even a small minority) a vehicle for changing the world and magically solving all its problems...

also, is 'peace' some kind of password around here? seems like it is something everyone has to paste all over their bullshit postings to give the impression that if any wrongdoing was done or any offense taken, it certainly wasn't the fault of the poster...ATTN CELTIC WHOEVER...

i agree it's great to dance at raves; yeah the music brings everyone together....temporarily. last time i was at a rave i was so fried off my ass on acid (as were most of the people there!) and yeah, it was great but it doesn't last. very few things do.

re:your comments about not having a car to get around: yes it sucks fat dick. i turn 16 in a few months, and even then it is doubtful if i will be able to drive. oh well, what are friends for??

on a totally different note, the chem bros loops of fury ep is really a kickass disc. well worth the $5.

Message 15/21             05-May-98  @  07:39 AM   -   RE: TECHNO PHYLOSOPHY

celtic dream

totaly, about all the music thats trance like......its like it has the same basis to it,but like you said intraments change,that were the argument on how the 303 is getting old comes in play.technolagy will allways provide us with new means of creating sound, we just take that and go as far with it as we can.I think that musik in general has allways been there,we(humans)just stumbled across it.its like it breaks through the barrears of verble language, not to say you cant do wonders with with words to,such as;literature,poatry and lyrics,its just flowing in a differant way.So what kind of music is Avo Part?Is he classical? I think alot of trance reminds me of classical music,it sounds like a space age symphony or something......I guess thats why I like it the most, I like the dinamics to it,have you heard of Dan Effex.....he spins some intense shit!!......hey,good to get our misunderstandings out of the way.later

Message 16/21             05-May-98  @  07:57 PM   -   RE: TECHNO PHYLOSOPHY

Hey Andy,I dont recall ever saing that techno can save the world,Im just saing that any thing that can allow you to reach into yourself and find a state of peace is good(music being mine).....its like with all this non-sense going on in the world I can slip into the world of music and dance,at that point nothing else maters.....sure it wont last but it definatly does the trick for now.....and I know that a whole new expereance is just around the corner.
also,peace is just peace,it allways will be.......not a pass word

Message 17/21             07-May-98  @  04:30 PM   -   RE: TECHNO PHYLOSOPHY

Looneyfreak

Techno is music and music is....well music is music..It can take you where ever you want to go and the phylosophy behind it is you should just listen and enjoy and be thankful you can because many people can not listen...
well that was a little wierd..
Looney Boy

Message 18/21             07-May-98  @  09:24 PM   -   RE: TECHNO PHYLOSOPHY

deejayjones

Yep, you're all right. And now I will list the groups
that are too cool to stay on earth, they're inside
THE HALL OF FAME OF TECHNO in heaven !!!!

1. >>3 steps ahead<<
2. >>Technohead<<
3. >>The Speedfreak<<

alright??

mail me 4 swapping mods and rbs

.........gabba rulzt !!!!!

greetz to k4k, weirdo, madbart, dj nalle

Message 19/21             08-May-98  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: TECHNO PHYLOSOPHY

rangers nightmare

Celtic for the league.

Oh yes and your life is a microcosm of society so youve got to live it and share it if you want it reflected in society in general...its the old ' if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem'...

pieces...

Message 20/21             20-May-98  @  07:42 AM   -   RE: TECHNO PHYLOSOPHY

kmfdm

Music is what people make of it!! And i'm sorry, but the Rave scene does do alot of good. I've known people who weren't very nice get involved in the techno scene & come out very open-minded people. Techno has it's own way of doing that. Whether you want to believe it or not. Especialy the 303. It has a way to communicate to all of us. Like the man Woody McBride said, "either you hear it, or you don't". It's 100% true!!! The Rave scene definatly will not save the world, that's for sure. But it will continue to open previously un-opened minds. And that sure is a hell of alot better than all the other shit music out there now. Even hard core has it's place in the "positivity" realm. And as DJ's & producers, we must acknowledge this "musical language" & convey it with the rest of the world. The rave scene is a truly noble thing to encounter. That's one thing we should not forget.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)