aaa Cool Basslines - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Cool Basslines

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 21-Aug-98  @  08:59 PM   -   Cool Basslines

pedicelli

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Does anyone have any cool famous basslines to share?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/43             31-Aug-98  @  10:25 PM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

pedicelli

Errrr...I think you missinterpreted what I said. I sample the original bassline from a song, slow it down, and loop individual notes (not by note) to figure out the pitches...then I convert what I studied into a bassline in RB-338...

Message 12/43             01-Sep-98  @  03:25 AM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

x2c4nrg

Oh...I see. I also do stuff by ear, like "Da Funk". I didnt slow it down though. It might of have been easier if I did though. I just kept doing the bassline in my head and set the pattern, accent here, slide there, etc. until it all sounded right. It didnt take me long at all. I havn't tried to ReDo any other basslines except "Set You Free", but I'll probably experiment with other shit just to get the hang of the sounds better. -Pete

Message 13/43             01-Sep-98  @  09:58 PM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

Gotcha, but doing things in your head can sometimes be very difficult because of the modulation in the bassline. Plus, distortion doesn't help much either. Try slowing them down, it works, but take s a long time. Got any other basslines? I once tried to work out "Move Your Ass!" by "Scooter", but no success really, too complicated, not the right distortion.

Message 14/43             02-Sep-98  @  02:17 PM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

cyborg0

Well, too, you have to understand that a lot of the time they have multiple 303s going, so it makes it nearly impossible..
rob

Message 15/43             03-Sep-98  @  02:00 AM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

pedicelli

Hmmm...very true, but in "Move Your Ass!" it's only one 303 playing a complicated bassline. There may be another one in the backround playing a 4/4 bassline, but that's about it, so it's easy to distinguish what's being played.

Message 16/43             08-Sep-98  @  06:39 AM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

x2c4nrg

I have a remix of Josh Winx "Higher State of Consciousness" ReCreated by SLiCE. He freaked the fuck out of it! It sounds dead on like the original. SLiCE is a dope ass ReBirth programer. FREAK THE FUNK SLiCE!!!

Message 17/43             08-Sep-98  @  10:18 PM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

pedicelli

Yo! Can you send me it??? That fuckin' song is dope like you wouldn't believe it! A classic, but not really a 303, but still!!!!!

Message 18/43             08-Sep-98  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

x2c4nrg

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! I finally did it! I ReCreated "Set You Free" from Planet Soul. Damn! The 303 sounds dead on. Its too bad that you cant ReCord the tempo change. Let me know if you want to peep it. I think its dope but then again, Im not the best ReBirth programmer. "SETCHYOU FREEEEE-EE-EE!!!!!!!!" -Pete

Message 19/43             10-Sep-98  @  01:35 AM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

skot_e

I'd like to check it out if I may (set U free).
Just mail it to me if U could.

Cheers mate!

Message 20/43             10-Sep-98  @  02:19 AM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

pedicelli

Yo, send me Set U Free too!!!!!  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 43 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)