aaa SELLING ONE FOR 303$ - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: SELLING ONE FOR 303$

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 14-Sep-98  @  10:25 PM   -   SELLING ONE FOR 303$

GABY MILIOTO

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I'M SELLING A REAL, MINT, BOXED WITH MANUALS, HARDLY EVER USED
TB-303 FOR ( BELIEVE IT OR NOT,I'M NOT FUCKING AROUND! ) FOR 303$.
NO, THIS IS NOY A TYPO. I MIGHT EVEN CONSIDER LOWERING THE PRICE !!!!!!!!!THE THING IS, THAT IN 1981, WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT, I HAD BOUGHT ONE AND MY BAND BROKE UP. I USED IT FOR NO MORE THAN 2 WEEKS !!!!!!
I THEN PUT IT BACK IN THE BOX AND STORED IN MY CLOSET FOR THE LAST
17 YEARS !!!! DO YOU PEOPLE REALIZE THAT THIS PIECE OF HISTORY STILL
SMELLS OF NEW, JUST LIKE WHEN I BOUGHT IT IN 1981 ??! I KNOW YOU
PEOPLE DON'T BELIEVE ME.....BUT YOU JUST HAVE TO, OR YOU'LL BE
MISSING THE GREATEST OPERTUNITY TO FINALLY GET THE SYNTH OF
YOUR DREAMS! I NEVER USED IT BECAUSE, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, THE
TB-303 WAS CONSIDERED LIKE CRAP IN THOSE DAYS. I EVEN THOUGHT
IT WAS CRAP MYSELF!! (AND I HATE MYSELF FOR THINKING THAT)
I DON'T EVEN USE IT NOW BECAUSE I'M OLD, AND I'M NOT REALLY INTO
TECHNO MUSIC. WHO WILL BE THE LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY GUY (OR GIRL)
TO IT?!?! DON'T WORRY I'LL EVEN PAY THE SHIPPING ! JUST LEAVE ME YOUR
EMAIL ADDRESS, AND WE WILL GET IN TOUCH. I REPEAT MYSELF THIS
IS NOT A JOKE, AND I SWEAR THAT EVERYTHING I SAID IS TRUE.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/22             18-Sep-98  @  11:03 PM   -   RE: SELLING ONE FOR 303$

Ce;ltic's drea;m

hey pedicelli,the 777 is 100 bux.....damn!!!is it hardwere?

Message 12/22             19-Sep-98  @  03:53 AM   -   RE: SELLING ONE FOR 303$

pedicelli

Nah, nah, nah...I was refering to the TB-303...due to the FutureRetro 777 (and also because of RB-338 and external MIDI controllers), it should depreciate down to about $100.00 (if not less, cause it's an old piece of shit, not bad sounding, just fuckin' old). The 777 is $777.00 US....(what a generic figure...)

Message 13/22             19-Sep-98  @  06:17 AM   -   RE: SELLING ONE FOR 303$

celtic dream

777?not bad I just checked it out at there web page.....looks dope.....what do you guys think of it?should I get my mind off gittin a 303 and get a 777 instead?

Message 14/22             19-Sep-98  @  08:59 AM   -   RE: SELLING ONE FOR 303$

Richie

What they meant by not viable was that to replicate a 303 exactly you have to have all the original components.. Most of them aren't manufactured anymore.. In some cases doing a special run of components to make about 5000 is going to be horrendously expensive.. With the cost passed onto the customers.

The cost of making an EXACT replica, would mean that the unit would be loads more expensive than the cost of a 2nd hand one, (this was when they were fetching 900+). Hence in the 2nd hand market would still hold it's overpriced value. And no-one would buy the new ones because who wants to pay 1000+ plus for a mono-synth that don't do anything but acid. At a time when there are shit loads of 303 style monosynths around..

I suppose tho that they could have built one with new components. But then that's been done by everyone else, Roland missed the boat with the 303 really. It sold fuck all when they built it, and now they're too late to catch the bus

I guess what they could have done would be to market a Freebass type thing in a 303 case..

Ah well.

Message 15/22             19-Sep-98  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: SELLING ONE FOR 303$

cyborg0

Ritchie, you are completely wrong..
Almost ALL of the 303 synth components are available except for the ba662 VCA, which is just your standard type of OTA with an output buffer. Fairly easily replaced.

The ONLY thing that isnt made anymore is some of the chips in the sequencer section, all of which are completely outclassed by todays cheapest microprocessors.. Lets be honest, the tb303 is crappy as a sequencer and very unfriendly, so any modern sequencer is infinitely easier and better than the original sequencer.. I guess now you are going to say that the microprocessor has something to do with the sound? Sorry, try again..

What you are trying to say is that there is some sort of voodoo to the tb303, but there isnt..Electricity flows the same way now as it did in 1981.

The only problem has been that up until now all these companies have been afraid that Roland is going to sue them and change too many things in the original tb303 circuits and label them "improvements", when really all they did was screw it up.. Even the FreeBass and Syntecno TeeBee suffers from this.. They are good, but not good enough and have no sequencer.

Another problem is that really good analog engineers are usually not very good digital engineers, and vice versa.
So, my theory is that most analog engineers who build the neo-303s are not very good at digital and take the easy way out by making it midi. WRONG ANSWER!

The 777 has them both.. No corners were cut, and many features were ADDED without a compromise in ANY part of the original tb303 sound.. The 777 needs to be experienced before judgements are made. You will not be dissapointed. Believe the hype..

Rob

ps I truly believe that the post that started this thread was bunk.. But I DO expect the 777 to push the 303 price down eventually.

Message 16/22             20-Sep-98  @  04:20 PM   -   RE: SELLING ONE FOR 303$

pedicelli

Eh, migna....if there's something that will replicate the 303 and do more than it, and if it's analogue, has more knobs 'n' stuff, and has a friendly interface, I say goodbye to Mr. 303......it's only logical that the price should go down now.

Message 17/22             20-Sep-98  @  05:03 PM   -   RE: SELLING ONE FOR 303$

cyborg0

BTW, other than the 777, the only midi only modules i would even bother with is the sytecno teebee and the tbs303... The TeeBee has far more features, but I believe the tbs303 sounds a little grittier and meaner, but both are so good that no one could really know if they just listened to a track done with one.

Message 18/22             20-Sep-98  @  09:56 PM   -   RE: SELLING ONE FOR 303$

pedicelli

Very true. The only really good emulators is the TeeBee and TBS-303. Only problem is they don't have the same 16 step sequencer (actually, they don't even have a sequencer!). But the circuits are supposed to be really good.

But then software wise, Rebirth does an excellent job too. I have version 2.0 and it's hooked up to my Roland MCR-8 Multi Controller for all knob and slider action. It's kick ass. If this interests you, check out my website at:

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Museum/3068/smek.htm

Message 19/22             21-Sep-98  @  03:42 AM   -   RE: SELLING ONE FOR 303$

cyborg0

Rebirth... not that again..  
can't modify the filters on rebirth with just a soldering iron and a schematic.

Message 20/22             21-Sep-98  @  03:56 PM   -   RE: SELLING ONE FOR 303$

Richie

Ooops!

My fault for listening (nay, believing) someone who said they knew what they were talking about.. Maybe If I'd carried on with my electronics course I'd have the know how to check these things out for myself....

Feel free to laugh, point and throw rotten fruit at me as I walk down the street.

Sniff..

PS. I still stand by what I said about being commercially viable. I don't think roland won't re-release them because of being pig-headed, at the end of the day they're out to make cash and plenty of it.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)