aaa Groove Approved - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Groove Approved

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 18-Feb-99  @  04:46 AM   -   Groove Approved

confusionrecords

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Ok, well my definition of a groove approved product.
"groove approved"-A "raver's" machine for producing cheezy dance music, a waste of metal and wires, designed for a bunch of kids who "don't know", a too easy to program drum machine/synth,ok, I'd better stop cause I won't if I don't force myself too.

And for those who think it's "cool" or "awsome" your obviously a stupid raver kid. ok, so let's see. When is the last time you saw this? "Richie Hawtin- decks, efx, and a MC-303"??? Hmmm, uh......never. When will you ever see this? "Jeff Mills- decks, MC-505"??? hmmm, never? Uh yeah, I think so. So it comes down to this, if you own, plan to own, or actually like these stupid machines, you're obviously a very lost child. And feel happy to rip on me and try and back up the "groove approved" shit, cause I don't give a fucking shit about anyone who likes anything that's "groove approved". And for those who know, please teach others, cause if this is the future, count me out of it, and plan for techno/house/jungle/anything to take a seriouse downfall from a bunch of shitty ass "groove approved" made records siting in a record store for about 50 years.
Well, later and fuck anything "groove oriented" by roland.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/40             21-Feb-99  @  12:28 PM   -   RE: Groove Approved

rez

yeah, i have being writting all sorts of techno music for years and years now, got a tb and all that stuff - and also an MC303!!!!, now i know there a lot of cheesey sounds in this box, but i think most people who slag this box off are not coming at it from the right angle - ok its not a tb! but nobody like the tb when it first came out, they said it was a stupid box which was too hard to program! sounds familiar? get back to your MC and stop trying to get tb303 sounds from it - think original - f**k it up! thats how acid started. over and out.

Message 12/40             21-Feb-99  @  11:40 PM   -   RE: Groove Approved

ReZo-99

I just read in Future Musician Magazine that it is noted in the manuel of ALL the groove boxes it says that all the sounds are copyrighted by Roland and CAN NOT be used in your own songs without written permission. Is this true? It said that you can not use these groove boxes live or whatever. Why would they do that when all the sounds in it are just samples of older Roland gear? Sure doesn't make sense. Besides, don't alot of artists use these live?

ReZo-99

Message 13/40             22-Feb-99  @  09:21 AM   -   RE: Groove Approved

Franky

I think the preset patterns patterns and the demo songs are copyrighted not the sounds. They couldīnt do a copyright of an typical 303 sound because the doesenīt make them at first !

Message 14/40             22-Feb-99  @  02:22 PM   -   RE: Groove Approved

ReZo-99

I dont know...it said sounds.

ReZo-99

Message 15/40             22-Feb-99  @  03:23 PM   -   RE: Groove Approved

cyborg0

Well, then, rolands lousy asses need to free up all that memory their shitty patterns take up..
Needless to say, quasimidi gear doesnt have those sort of empty sorry ass warnings...
BTW, on Popular records, the quasimidi 309 is all over it, as a matter of fact, a LOT of producers use the 309 but won't admit to it.. hell, in a mix, its very difficult to tell the 309 from a filtered 909.. the drums have a ton of balls for digital.. quasimidi and the Korg Prophecy renew my faith in DSP gear..
I played the a3000 sampler, I was pretty dissapointed in the filters...oh well, I wont be getting that anytime soon..
BTW, if you want a super fat sampler and can find one, get a studio 400.. its an mpc KILLER, with 32secs of 16khz sampling, analog filters, recordable controllers, etc..
or get any of the old sequential samplers, or EMU Emax I. Fat analog filters...

Roland needs to quit making those shitty filters and take a lesson from Korg and Quasimidi, and maybe Clavia...The developers at roland must be some sorry tone deaf bastards...
I guess when you make 200k usd a year, you start to not give a shit and are in it just for the money...
Engineers who love what they do will do better work for less money, ala Clavia, Quasimidi.. these guys eat synthesis for every meal..

Rob

Message 16/40             22-Feb-99  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: Groove Approved

PHUCKEDUP

Yeah the 309 DOES kick ass, as does the prophecy to a lesser extent, but man are you wrong about the A3000, it has 18 types of filter including some that could not exsist on an analog synth, most of them can easily be coaxed into self oscillation and there are an immense variety of ways to use them. My buddy has got a Seqeuntial Prophet 2000 sampler which has the curtis filters in it (and that sampler is a legend among pro techno producers) but when he heard what I was getting outta my A3k he was convinced it had analog filters (and this guy knows his shit he used to build synths way back). If you need any more convincing check out A3k Central.
Also the FX are really good especially the DistWah and the BeatChange, the other thing to bear in mind with any sampler is that they are all digital anyway so the filters can make or break it. The other cool thing about the A3k is that you can sample at 44.1, 22, 11 or even 5khz! So you can get some really dirty sounding noizes from it especially if you use 11 or 5k with LoFi mode.

Message 17/40             23-Feb-99  @  12:53 AM   -   RE: Groove Approved

pedicellI

The Korg Prophecy whops ass......boy do you ever feel the rumbles with that mother.......it's the most powerful monophonic synth on the face of the planet!

Message 18/40             23-Feb-99  @  06:12 AM   -   RE: Groove Approved

Pedicilll, you've gotta get off of that prophecy high you're on! It's not the greatest thing, and it's definitly not the best monophonic synth on the planet. Chill on the thing, that's all you talk about. It's boring as hell, that is you're answer to every question, and whatever the subject may be, you always slip it in somehow. Give it a break, you're playing it out.

Message 19/40             24-Feb-99  @  12:04 AM   -   RE: Groove Approved

pedicelli

Have you ever used the Prophecy? If so, have you ever made your own sounds with it? And I said that it was the most POWERFUL monosynth, not the best. From what I've read and heard, it competes very well with an SH-101, but I can't say much about that cause I've never used one.

And the reason why I mentioned it here was because it was mentioned in the previous message...

Message 20/40             24-Feb-99  @  12:43 AM   -   RE: Groove Approved

ReZo-99

I dont know...Id like to battle your Prophecy with my 777. Its pure analoq so I bet the bass on it will make your Prophecy unplug, pack up and go home. But, I don't know for sure cause I've never used a prophecy, even though I hear that they are pretty dope.

Opinions...what do you think people, will the 777 blow away the Prophecy?

ReZo-99

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 40 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)