aaa Playing a Devilfish... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Playing a Devilfish...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 24-Mar-99  @  05:35 PM   -   Playing a Devilfish...

squalcho

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I am new to this board, and judging from a lot of the posts on here, there isn't a lot of really good vibes here, but this is worth a shot. If you want to flame me, please waste your time somewhere else. If you can help, I would really appreciate it. Anyway, I have been discussing the Devilfish mods with Robin in Australia through the e-mail ever since I got my TB about a year and a half ago. I am going to be sending it to him for the mods (and to have my switches replaced) in the next couple of months (as soon as I finish saving up the bones for the mods). What I would like to know though is if anyone on here has played with one. i realize there are very few of them, but i would assume someone on here has some experience. I love the Plastikman sounds and the radical filtering that is possible with the Devilfish, but I would like to get some kind of firsthand account about what this instrument does. Feel free to post or e-mail me. Thanks for the help.

©hrisFader

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/47             31-Mar-99  @  03:25 AM   -   RE: Playing a Devilfish...

Just so you know, the number 253-0065.....has been changed. And is non listed. Good luck finding it. If you've done a lot with rich, what shoe's has he worn for the last 8-10 years? Are his glasses perscription or for looks? what sticker is on his front door? It's been there for a loooooooong time. What does brittany drive? And what colour is it? Where is richie's new house that he bought about 2-3 weeks ago? Where is the new m-nus head quarters going to be? What computer and program did he just by and for how much? What mixer did a certain company just give him? Who just gave him a laptop for the year 2,000 to test out? What colour are his 12's? How many pmc 50's does he have? What colour are they/it? Where does he order all his equipment from? What does Craig Stodolenak do for him? And where did he come from? Where is his home town? Who retro fitted his 909? How many 909's does he have? How many 303's does he have? What club is he part owner in? Where is it? Where was the last place he through a party? What colour are the rooms up stairs of the building? What does he use to hold his cd's? What's his favorite effects processor?
Well........if you can answer all the above questions, I will beleive the shit you say, and give you respect. If not, fuck off and learn you're shit. And quit bothering me. Because you're sounding like a fool. So, post you're answers so I can either laugh, or give some respect. Later Noteven. Good luck

Message 12/47             31-Mar-99  @  05:29 AM   -   RE: Playing a Devilfish...

Give it a rest

MOVING ON........blokes.

Message 13/47             31-Mar-99  @  09:59 AM   -   RE: Playing a Devilfish...

NOTEVEN

Everyone knows he only wears NuBalance...
And that he cheated on Brittany with the Sabotage hottie...
I'll answer more questions when you tell me your name.
Do you really know who i am?

SYST3M

ring any bells shit head?

out...

Message 14/47             31-Mar-99  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: Playing a Devilfish...

HA!!!!!!! System!!!!! Everyone and there mom hates the system krew!!!! I fucking hate you guys! So is this gabe? Dean??? Whoever it is, you're all a bunch of stupid fuckers! I remember one of you though you're were cool at the consumed party, and you walked into the main room where rich was going to play in about an hour, and they kicked you out! Me and about 50 other people were laughing our asses off at you stupid fuckers! You're also the reason the detroit scene has gone to shit. I remember when the scene was better than anywhere. Then "system" popped up, big colourfull flyers, "ravey" parties, totally destroying the underground scene. And my dumb ass actually went to one. Remember the "greenvelvet, dbx, terrymullan, dj milton, dj deeon, acidpimp, michealgeiger". system 1. From what I can remember, that was the first time I payed $20 american for a fucking party. Ok, before, it was $10 max! Now, cause of you're ghetto ass company, it's minimum $20, at even local dj's partys. All cause of you fuckers. I remember the party under the bridge with rabbit in the moon.........it was an insaine $40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cracked up and then slid under the fence, so my girl and I came for free.
Wait! You mett me before! Remember a time when you came to windsor, you went to the park st. building. I was there chillin with derek (may). And you walked up to introduce you're self. You said "Hi, my name is gabe. I throw all the system parties!!!!". Myself and derek looked at each other, and burst out laughing in you're face. You didn't think twice and left with a red face. Basically everone hates you and you're company. You guys might as well just stop throwing parties, cause we all hate you.

And what about that time there was the big "scam" you tried pulling? With you're mom! You remember that? Oh, someone jumped my mom, and took all the money!...............well, I know the truth for that and you're a little fucking dirty criminal. I hate you and next time I see you in the "d", I'll consider spitting on you.

So do us all a favor, and FUCK OFF!!!!!!

Message 15/47             01-Apr-99  @  01:11 AM   -   RE: Playing a Devilfish...

pedicelli

Hey, are you guys from Canada???? Cause if you are........damn, I never knew that such a scene ever existed in freakin' Windsor, if you're refering to the city...

Message 16/47             01-Apr-99  @  01:58 AM   -   RE: Playing a Devilfish...

NOTEVEN

ha ha ha
that was funny
i just thought that i would pawn off some of this shit talk on Dean
if anyone is crazy enough to talk smak about Rich, its dean
And yes Gabe is a DORK
Although i did like Dan Bells PA
Green velvet wasnt all that bad,he spun better at the Sardine Bar tho'
LOL i heard about that time that Gabes mommie supposedly got jumped
Aside from all of this stuff i probably know you.
I'm still wondering your name.
What were some of your favorite JAK parties?
OLantern, IS BAK(not jaks bak)
DWynn fucked shit up at JAK IS BAK
Jak 1+2 were kinda shitty tho'
too many peeps at 2
oh what about Hard
Harder
Hardest
Heaven and Hell
Spastik
THE LODGE!!!!!
i remember everyone so fucked out of their heads
Acid pimp runnin around tweakin his nipples!!!!!
Jen Melissa and Amy adn Brittany were SO fucked(some literally)
and Sheila...LOL

anyway...your name please...

out...

Message 17/47             01-Apr-99  @  02:20 AM   -   RE: Playing a Devilfish...

jcu3

WHAT THE FUCK!!! I thought this was Gear-Talk-303-Central?
Just fucken email each other. Damn. What's up with this Richie Hawtin drama bullshit? Why should the rest of the chatroom have to pay for this little girl crap, who knows who, who held Plastikmans hand last and shit? "I saw so and so's mom at a party with Darek May, with the Guccie Crew", whatever. WHO FUCKING CARES!!! Go program something, go burn a CD, do something. But most of all drop the Melrose Place-Plus 8 gossip.

BTW: Do you actually think Richie Hawtin actually gives a royal fuck about any of you terds? I'm positive he's in his studio tearing it up, making another album, so he can make a fuck load of more money off you kids......wise up!

Message 18/47             01-Apr-99  @  09:34 AM   -   RE: Playing a Devilfish...

Well too, jcu3@........ Hmmmm, last time I posted a note, It had nothing to do with you. And it still didn't. If you don't like what were posting, than don't fucking read it! And rich hasn't been working in the studio lately. He's on other things. And he doesn't make money of this kid because: I get test pressings of all his shit, loooooong before all of you will hear it. And of course for free. And I don't think I need to wise up, you need to lay off the crack. And "plastikman" is done with. He's only doing minimal stuff now, and a little for the dance floor. Just so you know what's coming, I'll give you a little helper. The single "PK" may be coming out sometime soon? It's the regular 303/909 deal, with massive filtering going on. Very very grundgy, dark sounding. slowely building, yet cutting off also. One side has the 909 bass and high hat only, no claps, or anything, the other side is only a 303 "dark sounding", and lot's of filtering. No drums. side one is the "dance" side. Side two is the "ambient" side. After that, could be before for you? Is a album called "Orange". He sampled the track orange, and made 3 tracks out of it. It's more dance orientated. And he uses the eq's a lot in it. Droping the bass out randomly and shit. Write both of those down, cause they should be out pretty soon? within the year. There fucking amazing.

And too Pedicilli, windsor has almost no scene at all. It's all been talk about detroit's scene. Windsor had a scene about 3-5 year's ago. When rich was always doin shit around here. But now it's basically nothing.

Anyway, back to dean now. I didn't quite understand if this was dean or not? Anyway, I'm Ian. Do you now the old raver girls, Liz, and Shannon? The two were always in detroit a while back. They used to be candy ravers, but aren't anymore. This "was" the crew: Remember Stacy & Derek Cautiya & Cliff, Gumby, Liz and Shannon, Albert, Rob (lenarduzzi)..........bla bla......... If you can remember that whole crew, I was that shannon girls boy friend. She was the asian/white girl who looked 20 something when she was 12. Well, that's the crew I was always with. But derek and stacy moved to japan, cliff and cautia broke up, me and shannon broke up, rob's off doing his own thing, Liz is into hard core now, shannon's a wanna be hip hop girl/slut. Albert is still at hard dj'ing. Well anyway, tell me if you remember that crew! I'll post back on thursday afternoon. And are you dean? LaTer!

Message 19/47             01-Apr-99  @  05:22 PM   -   RE: Playing a Devilfish...

jcu3

What ever, man. Don't even think about talking down to me.... (sigh) ............Back to the three-oh-three...

Message 20/47             01-Apr-99  @  07:38 PM   -   RE: Playing a Devilfish...

I'll talk down on you when you talk down on me. It works both way's. Lay off of my messages, and I'll lay off on hacking on you. Sound good? Sound's good to me! LaTer, jcu3.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 47 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)