aaa My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 03-May-99  @  11:51 PM   -   My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

jcu3

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!! that is compared to my Korg ER-1. I can't say enough about this kick ass box. The kick actually is as good or better than the Roland. It's quiter, cheaper, smaller, better looking(not as good as me of course), easier to program...fuck! what else can I say? It's fucking awesome. My Alesis Monitor One's just sit there and wig out. I love the output. It's so fucking hot, hot,hot. Not like some of the boxes I've owned in the past like the MC-303 and the Yamaha CS1x.....really, quite and noisy. The ER-1's output is really strong. 909 emulation is right up there. 808 is pretty ok. But the as far as the Korg EA-1 goes: huge piece of crap. It is really awful. Sad presets, plasticy voices, fucked up interface. You can't scroll through voices and then start programming. You have to go into a factory pattern and modify the voices and then write. Pretty gay... It does have some Prophecy sounds that are nice. Other than, I'd say save your hard earned dough. I took that EA-1 back the first week. As far as my TR-909 goes...........goodbye! trading time boys.............

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/29             05-May-99  @  12:16 AM   -   RE: My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

planetalgon

Hi. I've got the 309 and never really did much with the bass synth section because I always use the Virus or Nord2. Then one day I patched the 309 bass into a Big Muff II and then to my Waldorf 4-Pole and woooaaahh!! When you're distorting the hell out of your synths, it almost doesn't matter what the basic waveform sounds like. The sequencer is great too and having a german techno machine that you can carry with you to play on a streetcorner is hip. I use the Mackie 3204 witch has like 40 inputs and fits in a rack no bigger than the 309 does. It's got some great extra features for patching in analog filters and is cool for complicated routing.
As for drum machine sounds, my best sounds come from building my own loops with my Em-u sampler, Virus filters, Pedals, and the Global Rythm Groups 808/909 disk for the low end basics. Usually I sample, Sequence the loop through a whole mess of stuff, resample it, then filter and EQ the hell out of that, Chop that sample up into useful bits, Then sequence it again until I get something that is worth sampling. I end up getting sounds that are way more personal than just some Boom-ck-ts-ck thing off of my drum machines alone. Listen to what Leftfield does with their drum tracks and you'll get the idea. FILTER IT!

Message 12/29             05-May-99  @  01:30 AM   -   RE: My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

jcu3

Chris Fader is correct about that first Mackie...it was wack . But the 1202VLZ and now the 1202VLZ Pro is the shit. It's just fine. It's quite and tight By now Pedecilli, you should of figured out how anal I am. I wouldn't have some noisy little mixer and shit. It's really nice. Go find out for yourself.

Disclamer: "That's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Message 13/29             05-May-99  @  07:53 AM   -   RE: My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

My advice on getting a mixer:
If your not sure that you are happy with your studio, and you are thinking of getting more gear, don't get something too small, allow for expansion.
I use a promix by yamaha, and although i kinda like it, I will probably get something different when the $ are there, cause I don't really like how it is all pages ( kind of like the prophecy).
I had a friend who used a Makie and I thought it was a good little mixer. He had the 1202, but regretted he didn't get something with more channels.

As jcu3 said, "just my opinion"

Message 14/29             05-May-99  @  07:53 AM   -   RE: My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

skot_e

My advice on getting a mixer:
If your not sure that you are happy with your studio, and you are thinking of getting more gear, don't get something too small, allow for expansion.
I use a promix by yamaha, and although i kinda like it, I will probably get something different when the $ are there, cause I don't really like how it is all pages ( kind of like the prophecy).
I had a friend who used a Makie and I thought it was a good little mixer. He had the 1202, but regretted he didn't get something with more channels.

As jcu3 said, "just my opinion"

Message 15/29             05-May-99  @  07:54 AM   -   RE: My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

skot_e

woops! I thought I should put my name up. Pressing stop didn't help...

Message 16/29             05-May-99  @  12:55 PM   -   RE: My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

Richie

Just to chuck a wild provocative and nay, insulting statement in here..

The 909 WILL sound shite if you can't eq or use FX effectively..

Message 17/29             06-May-99  @  03:47 AM   -   RE: My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

Blue

I think you should sell it to me...I have always been happy with 'em. I promise to eq it real good and apply the right type and amount of effects to the signal. I will remember to give it "Big Hugs" every day and sing to it if it gets lonely...I promise not to buy it for $500 dollars and then sell it for $1000(like I did my last one).

Message 18/29             06-May-99  @  04:05 AM   -   RE: My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

jcu3

Some dude in Florida wants to trade me a Novation Nova for it. If it falls through I will contact you. Thanks -send me your email someday.

Disclamer:....you know the drill...

Message 19/29             06-May-99  @  04:58 PM   -   RE: My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

technician

you guys should try out some allen&heath mixers. They sound really good.

Message 20/29             06-May-99  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: My TR-909 is a piece of crap!!!!!

your tr909 is shite

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)