aaa Anybody here actually signed? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Anybody here actually signed?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 16-Aug-99  @  07:46 PM   -   Anybody here actually signed?

Jon

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Are any of you actually havoc raisers or just a bunch of bedroom tweakers?

Where can I hear your music?

Jon.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/24             19-Aug-99  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: Anybody here actually signed?

Jef

What was your reason for turning down an 80K deal?

Message 12/24             23-Aug-99  @  11:46 AM   -   RE: Anybody here actually signed?

FULLDOG

it was a shit deal- 8 exclusive option periods on the companies behalf with 2.5 years max' time between option periods with 10K incermenting advance delivered with each option period in return for minimum one single product & album each option period, and full legal indemnity of the company by the artists in terms of sample copyright claims howsoever brought by any other party - you go figure it!! - these things happen -

right now we are being offered a quarter million(UKP) for a deal - but it looks like we will turn it down, unless they change a few clauses - meeting tommorrow night to discuss - fingers crossed, its an expensive game of poker !!

Message 13/24             28-Nov-99  @  12:55 PM   -   RE: Anybody here actually signed?

BULLSHIT

If you really knew your shit then you would hardly call Jon Truelove a newbie, you just made yourself look a right cunt to anyone who really knows or gives a fuck about the 303.

Peace

Message 14/24             29-Nov-99  @  06:08 AM   -   RE: Anybody here actually signed?

Maarten

Link?:  Link

Most definetly not calling him a newbie, but I wouldn't say that I'm impressed by his presents.(I really know my shit then eh?)

-M-

Message 15/24             29-Nov-99  @  03:42 PM   -   RE: Anybody here actually signed?

jcraig

presents? he sent you gifts?

Message 16/24             29-Nov-99  @  04:59 PM   -   RE: Anybody here actually signed?

htek

Well, i'll actually write something that has to do with this thread.
I should be putting out a 12" on Columbus Ohio based Residual Records early next year. Detroit styled techno. Does anyone actually talk about the 303 on this board anymore?
-Larry

Message 17/24             29-Nov-99  @  06:52 PM   -   RE: Anybody here actually signed?

BULLSHIT

Maarten, I never said YOU called Jon Truelove a newbie, and I never said you should like his music. But give the guy a break, he asked a perfectly sensible question and a few people just dissed him for no good reason.
If some people want to make records, fine, if others don't then thats fine too. But making snide comments ultimately makes it look like you are so bitter that no-one else likes your music (and I am not saying this is the case).
Are some of you saying that you would not get a buzz from putting out a tune and wathcing 2000 people getting off on it. If so how did you get to hear Acid\Techno\Trance and why did you buy a 303 in the first place?
I have put a few records out in the past 10 years and I never considered myself a sell out, I think its nice to have people who genuinely like something you created, enough to pay for it. Let's keep this chatroom for people who are into the 303 and Acid, not like some juvenile teen room, where everyone gets off on putting eachother down. After all, like it or not we all have something in common:that funky silver box of liquid magic that is - The Roland TB-303.

Peace

Message 18/24             29-Nov-99  @  07:02 PM   -   RE: Anybody here actually signed?

i3k

Well done Larry! I love Detroit Techno   Been into it since '87! I have had a number of tracks released myself, mainly Acid and Trance.
On Smitten, Phantasm, Inspiral, Fairway, Triumph and Krembo. I have not done anything for the past 3 years and I'm just getting my studio together now, so hopefully next year I will put some new tunes out.

Message 19/24             30-Nov-99  @  04:57 AM   -   RE: Anybody here actually signed?

Maarten

Link?:  Link

"Bullshit", I can respect that ,jcraig, you and me chat in Dutch yeah?

groetjes,-M-

Message 20/24             06-Dec-99  @  02:33 AM   -   RE: Anybody here actually signed?

htek

Yea, Detroit techno is just so damn incredible!!! Jeff Mills, Rob Hood, Kikoman, Jay Denham, Chance McDermot. Jackin' hard techno!!! The way it should be done. The D knows what's up.
-Larry

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)