aaa Transposing Problem - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Transposing Problem

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 01-Apr-00  @  08:38 PM   -   Transposing Problem

pedicelli

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

After four freaking years, I finally got my TB-303...mint condition and all. Anyways...

I've got a little problem...when I make a pattern and play it back, it sometimes plays the pattern but transposed a few notes from what I originally made it. Can anyone explain this?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/32             03-Apr-00  @  09:09 PM   -   RE: Transposing Problem

pedicelli

You've gotta be shitting me. Well, the transposing problem doesn't always happen. My master MIDI Clock is coming from the ER-1, and sometimes it just takes a stop/play to get it back to normal. It's really weird.

Message 12/32             04-Apr-00  @  08:07 AM   -   RE: Transposing Problem

trevor

Link?: Link

The first thing I would say is that, without being able to see the machine and play with it, it would be difficult for either of us to suggest the cause. The most weirdest of things can happen as a result of some fault that you would have never expected. For example, when I had my TB303, both the pitch mode and normal mode LEDs were always on - always. The cause? Faulty RAM. The data lines from the RAM share the same lines as the LEDs...

There are many people around who would be able to service your TB303. Either R@F or I would probably be able to sort it out. I'd be happy to take a look at it, if you shipped it to me and covered the cost for return postage. I doubt I'd charge much if it is something simple.

It is well worth you getting your TB303 serviced by someone who is very familiar with the machine, rather than someone who has a bit of general knowledge.

Oh yes - I ordered a new, original memory IC (444) from Roland today, and I've got a new modeswitch to solder in tonight. Hopefully by tomorrow that will be all the repairs completed :-)

Message 13/32             04-Apr-00  @  09:56 AM   -   RE: Transposing Problem

pedicelli

Well, as it stands right now, the problem doesn't bother me that much. I can always work around it. If it starts to screw up some more, I'll let you know.

Message 14/32             05-Apr-00  @  06:19 AM   -   RE: Transposing Problem

Trev again

Link?:  No link

Yaaay... got my new RAM IC in the post today... popped it into my TB303 and now I have a fully working BassLine :-)

Trev

Message 15/32             05-Apr-00  @  02:31 PM   -   RE: Transposing Problem

R

Congratulations  
I wish I'd just paid 200UKP for my 303 one year ago...

have fun!

Message 16/32             07-Apr-00  @  06:06 AM   -   RE: Transposing Problem

Trev

How much did you pay for it, if I may ask?

What do you think is the sort of price they go for now? I've heard of one going for 400 UKP, but that was being sold to a shop for resale (they never do give you that much). OTOH, I see them being advertised for 800UKP still.

Trev

Message 17/32             07-Apr-00  @  05:56 PM   -   RE: Transposing Problem

oldskool

Well Trev, my first 303 in 89 I paid £45! My second in 93 £65! My current one I paid £400 (3 months ago) but I had been looking for months for a sub £500 one in mint condition. Generally the UK price seems to be £550-800 depending on condition and accessories. I got the bag, original manual, PSU, and the elusive chord shift scale! Funnily enough the guy I got it off wanted to swap for a Quasimidi 309!
Since buying it I have resoldered the sync socket, done a few mild mods and replaced the LEDs with Kingbright Blue ones which look stunning.

Message 18/32             08-Apr-00  @  04:29 AM   -   RE: Transposing Problem

Trev

Wow - do you actually have that many - or do you not still have the ones you got in 89, 93? Well I was a bit young at that time to take interest in anything like that!! :-)

Trev (who is 21... and probably missed out on shitloads)

Message 19/32             08-Apr-00  @  04:06 PM   -   RE: Transposing Problem

oldskool

Nah Trev, I had to sell the first two off due to financial reasons! Although a friend of a friend of mine has 6 yes 6 303s! I would never sell my current one though and I advise you to never sell yours either.

BTW I'm 30 (old bastard!)

Message 20/32             08-Apr-00  @  09:04 PM   -   RE: Transposing Problem

R

I (22) have found mine in a small music store here in our city. Paid 1300DM (650$US) for it, which is a quite good price here in Germany. 303's normally go for an average of about 1600DM-1700DM depending on the condition. I guess prices are generally very similar compared to the US or UK.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 32 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)