aaa Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :) - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 02-May-01  @  07:31 PM   -   Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

sitar

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Hey Mark, and anyone else. I couldn't resist because of your Orbital comments (which I deeply appreciate. I put this 33 second snippet up. It's called 'Sounds Like Them Eh?'. It's part of a track I'm doing. Have mostly the drum sections written. This is one of them. I couldn't resist laying something very reminiscent of an Orbital track on top of it...just for you :P Course I have no plans on using these chords in the track. Not exactly Orbital's chords too close and the track will be much different anyway.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/21             04-May-01  @  03:20 PM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

sitar

She's mine I tell you! MINE!

Message 12/21             04-May-01  @  03:21 PM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

sitar

Thanks Influx. Maybe I'll have to turn down the dark path with it then. Your music rocks.

Message 13/21             04-May-01  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

influx

no...see..thats me imposing my taste on YOUR expression. not a good idea. you just keep doing what youre doing cuz it sounds pretty damn good.

and...Ill fight ya for her. all of you.

oh, wait...she lives in england...uh...uh...thats a pretty long ride on my unicycle, no? especially with a flat tire and no seat

Message 14/21             04-May-01  @  09:44 PM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

influx

man! marc!

daddys little girl!!! jeez man! I fuckin quit

obviously I lean toward the breakier stuff. just dont like 4 on the floor much I dont know why, but...

wow. Im impressed. the backwards snare sounds a little loud but of course I always have to qualify that with the fact that I am listening on crappy speakers

hey nobody..if you read this..you really otta check this daddys little girl track out

Message 15/21             04-May-01  @  11:47 PM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

sitar

"no...see..thats me imposing my taste on YOUR expression. not a good idea. you just keep doing what youre doing cuz it sounds pretty damn good"

OK I'll keep doing what I'm doing.....but only cuz you said I should :P

And I'm closer to the UK than you are. That makes her MINE.

I gotta listen to those tunes Marc.

Message 16/21             06-May-01  @  01:58 PM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Jeez!! Thanx for the props Influx... Its always puts a big grin on my mush when people appreciate what you're doing!!  

Just wanted to do some nasty dark breaks, with an evil vocal (me, SoundForge and a little freeware "trashcoder" plugin) and something else a bit different in the riddim section..

Lia's coming round with the rest of the team a bit later, I'm not sure she's read DT the last couple of days.. if she has then she's gonna be unbearable once she gets to your unicycle comment.. ;)

Marc_D

Message 17/21             08-May-01  @  12:57 AM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

psylichon

Nice trax, man! I wish I had listened to them sooner...

You see, I live near about a dozen radio towers, and my dial-up connection suffers miserably as a result. Well, one trip to Radio Shack and $20 later, and now I have a doohicky that lets me actually download again! So now I can listen to some tracks...

You left me so sweetly... man, killer drums. I liked the trancy chops in the middle, though they felt a little off beat at times to my internal drum, ya know? Great sound-blending, though... I can tell you put some time into your programming.

Rising Moon - Liked the electro element. You ever listen to Mouse on Mars? Reminds me of their stuff (big compliment there... they're true sound wizards). Overall, I just like the vibe, especially when the ethereal choir stuff comes in after about 1:30. If anything, I'd want a little more variation... though hypnosis is nice :}

Will check out your other tune later. I really want to upload an old one of mine now that I'm hearing everyone else's choons.... I think y'all will dig...

psylichon

Message 18/21             08-May-01  @  04:23 AM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

influx

Lia can have a laugh at my expense any day.

Hey..are english girls players like Californians? I cant say like americans because I havent dealt with that many but it seems like...oh...no need for personal stuff here

back to my unicycle. Did I mention that I can eat grapes one at a time while juggling alaskan king salmon with the other hand all while riding my unicycle?

Message 19/21             08-May-01  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

dARKSTATe

Influx.. the whole English girl thing is a quandary in more ways than one! But yeah, you could say that they're players...

Lia's not yer typical English girl though... which I'm not sure scares me more or less!! ;)

M_D

Message 20/21             09-May-01  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: Yo!!! Mark@Darkstate :)

sitar

That's right. I listened to Lounge and Carrier a while ago. Like them both lots. Listened to Razors Edge (I think that's the name...3 songs ago) I like Lounge and Carrier more though. Love the opening of Carrier. Listen to more later.

Went back to listen to Deep Inside. I like it alot. Like her voice. Nice rhythm. Synth parts work well together. Like the synth that comes in toward the beginning of Razors Edge btw. Great stuff.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)