aaa Forthcoming OS systems - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

14-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Forthcoming OS systems

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 22-Jun-01  @  07:01 PM   -   Forthcoming OS systems

Kinetik

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I thought you'd all appreciate a progress report on the forthcoming operating systems.

Today the first Nova Laptops left the Novation factory with OS 4.1 pre-installed. It is expected that OS4.1 will be available on the Novation site either during this weekend or early next week.

Features of OS4.1 over OS4.0 include :
Various bug fixes, including Part Pedal enable bug fix & improved voice handling.
Master Volume knob is now always 'live' even if knob mode is "pickup".
On the Nova, a brand new feature is the ability to 'freeze' the vocoder (using the sustain pedal) in mid-flow to create some really interesting 'frpzen' vocal timbres. Once the pedal is released, the vocoder 'unfreezes' and resumes normal operation.

The soundset pre-supplied with the Nova includes around 40 brand new Programs which showcase OS4.0 / 4.1 features. The whole soundset will also be available for download from the Novation site.

OS4.1 will also be made available for the original Supernova Mk1 Racks, but obviously this will not include the vocoder freeze feature.

For the SN II series and NOVA II, OS2.0 has been pushed back by a few months. The reason for this is that OS2.0 is planned to include full digital card i/o support, but the i/o card itself has now been delayed while Novation investigate the possibility of improving/altering the specification.

Therefore, in the meantime, Novation will release an interim OS - OS1.7 for these machines. This OS will include all known bug fixes as well as all the brand new features which were released in OS4.0 & 4.1 for the original Supernova & Nova Laptop machines (for example - 'Pan Effects'etc.).

Note that OS1.7 will contain all necessary coding (originally promised for OS2.0) that enable (limited) transfer of Programs to the Supernova Mk1 & Nova Laptop.

We're currently aiming to release OS1.7 around the end of next week or around the end of the following week.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/20             10-Jul-01  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: Forthcoming OS systems

Cyrex

Link?: Link

How about OS 1.7 for the SN2 series?
I'm anxious to try the new sounds...  

Message 12/20             07-Aug-01  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: Forthcoming OS systems

T

Kinetik,

Why did novation post the SN2 OS2 update on the site and quickly retract it?

Message 13/20             08-Aug-01  @  08:16 AM   -   RE: Forthcoming OS systems

k

yeah man what's up?.. they were also going to add their links/resources back in but that's still not happened either.....

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 14/20             06-Feb-02  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: Forthcoming OS systems

Me

Check the date on this promise.
Novation strikes again.

Message 15/20             13-Feb-02  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: Forthcoming OS systems

Cyrex / FMC [Cyrex

Never received a response to my mail about the upcoming os release date...

Damn. I've bought a synthesizer for over 2000 dollars and they don't even reply to your emails... For such an amount of money one can expect some service to come along with products.

Ah well... it's probably just me. Aargh.

Cyrex / FMC

Message 16/20             13-Feb-02  @  09:48 PM   -   RE: Forthcoming OS systems

influx

Link?:  Link

no, its not just you. why dont you WRITE them a letter

$2gs is a lot of money! they OWE you support.

tell them youre not happy. Tell them youre going to tell everyone you know how bad novation support is!!! sorry to sound like a revolutionary for such a small thing but...we cant stand for this shit anymore!
(I dont own novation but it pisses me off anyway)

Message 17/20             14-Feb-02  @  10:10 AM   -   RE: Forthcoming OS systems

Cyrex / FMC

I owe my appologies to Nick Bookman, because
just after my post here I received a reply from him.  

Here's the message plus reply:
------------------
'could you give us an update on the progress for the new Supernova 2 OS?
There are many rumours wandering around the boards and I would like
to hear it directly from Novation.
Is there going to be a new OS? And if so can you tell us when?
What have you implemented so far?'
------------------
'we are working on a new OS for the Supernova II. It should be released soon, but I cannot give a date. Features will be announced nearer the time of release.'
------------------

I'm glad they're working on the OS.
Can't really say I blame they for posponing the release date.
From my own experience I know that working on projects can be very time consuming.
Especially when you're in the implementation/test
phase and you keep encountering bugs (not design errors).
You just can't say when you've fixed a bug.

Anyway... I hope they finish it soon.  

Greetings,

Cyrex / FMC

Message 18/20             14-Feb-02  @  08:02 PM   -   RE: Forthcoming OS systems

Anders

Isnīt that the answer that Novation have been using for a long time now? Same answer was given to Supernova 1 user and then 18 months later the update was released.

Message 19/20             15-Feb-02  @  11:02 PM   -   RE: Forthcoming OS systems

chris

Well, since they've still to supply the ADAT interface - that'll need to have a new OS to control the new board.

Really hope the new OS arrives soon. Here's a bloke with a SN2 keyboard *and* rack - both with annoying glide problems.

Chris

Message 20/20             20-Feb-02  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: Forthcoming OS systems

sitar

That's true Anders, but when the OS was released it was well worth the wait. They really got it all right. I guess I just kept working with my SN 1 as if there was no OS coming out and then one day there it was, available for download. Otherwise I would've driven myself nuts.

Pages: 1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)