aaa RTFM - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: RTFM

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 30-Jun-01  @  05:48 AM   -   RTFM

sitar

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Nice name for a track :P Check it out please. My first DnB. I tried to do one about a year ago...went the way of the recycle bin. I have to thank Influx, Infrasound, and Nobody (may humanity rest in peace) for influencing me to like this stuff. Or maybe I should shoot them.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/60             01-Jul-01  @  07:14 AM   -   RE: RTFM

egrus

Sitar - you know, I like to bellydance..with or without the finger cymbals. Your tune made me do just that - and the breaks are cool as they allowed me to take a breather (it is indeed a very physically challenging dance  .. DnB has always been the rhythmic revitalization of Arabic/Mediterranean grooves and any electronic noise addition is the outfit of the mood it sets. I like your personal approach to combining the old with the new-very brave and with nice overall results! Technically speaking, any details are unecessary! And, yes, there should be a new category called "Sitar Flava"...hehe!
Also, for some reason I hear your music behind action scenes...hmmm!

Message 12/60             01-Jul-01  @  11:26 AM   -   RE: RTFM

sitar

Thanks for listening gents. I'm gonna try the highpass layering Influx. The kick I'm not sure about. Good ideas. I recorded all the drums into one channel of audio from midi for the sake of expediency and couldn't then treat the kick properly in the mix. The low frequencies are all off there. The piece is actually a couple minutes longer. The interlude is more played out with some drums coming in. Well thanks. It's a start I think and I feel good about it.

Maybe I should mix at bellydancing clubs. Obvious perks there  

Message 13/60             01-Jul-01  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: RTFM

nothingnewhere

Link?: Link

there are bellydancing clubs???

why wasnt i told?

Message 14/60             01-Jul-01  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: RTFM

influx

sitar...egrus mentioned one thing that I didnt...

your style. you have a "sound" of your own (well, as much as that is possible in an environment oversaturated with "artists") which is impressive. You dont sound like youre emulating anyone (hehe 'cept orbital) which is commendable

I hope I didnt sound too critical cuz I wasnt bein so

Message 15/60             01-Jul-01  @  07:25 PM   -   RE: RTFM

sitar

Didn't take it like that Influx. Your suggestions are goodies and appreciated. I'm happy that I'm starting to do tracks after learning what I could in 2 years but have lots more to learn. Was just now reading through some of the DT Tips and Tricks. Nice when it's slow at work   I forgot to mention that at some point I was afraid that after listening to your tracks several times, I inadvertantly started this piece with a part of one of your basslines that might've been going through my head somewhere. Didn't think so but I should have thrown your cd in to listen.

I don't sound like I'm emulating anyone. Blame it on ignorance.

Message 16/60             01-Jul-01  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: RTFM

influx

haha..yeah..the background synth in RTFM sounds a little like the bass I did for roller8

but then again..jeez..thats like saying "hey you used the same words I used in a sentence!"

one word comes to mind when I think of you and your work and comments:

class.

keep it up. maybe we'll meet some day and Ill give you some drum tips (apparently you think I could show you a thing or two;))

Message 17/60             01-Jul-01  @  09:58 PM   -   RE: RTFM

sitar

Yea your drums are killer. Class? I'll have to remember to zip up my fly, tuck in my shirt, shave, try not to drool, and wear matching socks when I go out into public if I want to live up to that image.

When I actually wear socks that is.

Message 18/60             01-Jul-01  @  09:59 PM   -   RE: RTFM

influx

jesus man get to work!

Message 19/60             02-Jul-01  @  04:37 PM   -   RE: RTFM

rhea

Sitar,

really cool drums. The bassline could be a little fuller but that's it. Nice track!

Message 20/60             02-Jul-01  @  10:21 PM   -   RE: RTFM

roller8

Link?: Link

Sounds kinda angry. I really like the drum sounds you chose. You do actually have lots of room for a sub bass. That could become the consistent groove whilst you tweak the life right out fo the existing Bline... but what do I know? Very cool track!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 60 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)