aaa What about my work guys? - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: What about my work guys?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 05-Aug-01  @  04:03 AM   -   What about my work guys?

spyro

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Just entered the competition and want to hear some opinions about my work.

I really miss a better quality on the uploads but...that's the world.

Some words about it K? Can you let us to upload a bigger files only during the contest?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/31             07-Aug-01  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: What about my work guys?

sitar

I'll be back at it. Was on vacation last week.

Message 12/31             08-Aug-01  @  01:18 AM   -   RE: What about my work guys?

xoxos

Link?: Link

i'm going to spend all three months doing one track.

and yes, i have already started, and then i did it again some more too.

Message 13/31             10-Aug-01  @  09:12 AM   -   RE: What about my work guys?

psylichon

I have to write a damned wedding song (for my big day) in less than a month. It's been a good minute since I've tried writing a love song... needless to say I will NOT be entering it in any contests here. Perhaps next month, tho

psylichon

Message 14/31             10-Aug-01  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: What about my work guys?

xoxos

when i was a kid, i used to have this strange visualisation of my wedding day.. wearing medieval plate armor and there are these giant poles with huge metal 'bells' that slide down them.. sorta like that whole d+b 'swimming in detuned bass while hihats echo from a distant chamber' physical space thing.. course i'd never want to subject my ears to anythnig like that now..

good luck finding a space to write that from!

Message 15/31             10-Aug-01  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: What about my work guys?

milan

matias, i just listened to your tracks. they are quite ok, but as someone said, they dont do much. not much progression in them. they could pass as dj-tools.

ah, i just realised you also did this jazzy tune, thats wicked!like it a lot. the skippy breaks fit the tune perfectly. iŽd like to hear more stuff like this.

now will someone listen to my 1.5 tunes, i posted days ago and still havent had a single comment. please.

Message 16/31             11-Aug-01  @  05:41 AM   -   RE: What about my work guys?

Panama

File?:  [image]

[image file]

nice pic, matias.

I acutally listened to your tunes a while back.
okay stuff

Message 17/31             11-Aug-01  @  06:42 AM   -   RE: What about my work guys?

night333

Link?:  No link

Its from yer past lifes xoxos...YOu must be ex-nobility. Or you just inhaled chemicals as a kid... like that time I accidentally inhaled oven cleaner and every time i closed my eyes I saw cartoons in fast-forward....

Message 18/31             11-Aug-01  @  06:44 AM   -   RE: What about my work guys?

k

yeah except one thing spyro - we are NOT judging this on sound-quality, (for the millionth time) - so it makes no difference.

By the way _ I even went to your site, but i saw nothing except you are trying to force me to load & wait thru a tedious flash intro with no option to bypass - so like 99% of people will do, i closed the browser and forget all about you....

please spyro - dont you want people to listen to your tunes?... yes??... so why setup everything so you have the least chance of anyone actualy listening !!!!!

I'm NOT going to sit thru some flash crap, NO NOT EVEN ON BROADBAND, which I have no idea how long it's going to take before I can get to some actual content - all i want to do is LISTEN TO THE FUCKING TUNE!

that's how it comes over mate - it's like you telling me "You cant hear without listening in the way I want you to listen" - "you aren't capable to know your own mind, and dont have the ability to make a judgment without hearing something in the best ideal circumstances" - That is how your attitude comes over to me... like you are telling me i dont have any ability to make a judgement, like I cant hear what I like.

I just DO NOT understand people who think like you..... you ask for someone to listen, then you say:

"no wait.. hold on... now wait... hold on.. oh I just have to... now I need to just... hold on...wait a bit more... now I'm just going to... one more minute please... hold on..."

by then everyone's got bored and pissed off down the pub...

really spyro - take it or leave it but i'm giving you some GOOD advice here, Dancetech isn't just about tech advice, it's all advice for newbies... experienced advice..... you will fail miserably in the business like this... people do NOT have the time to waste on stuff like that, they will LEAVE your page mate trust me... In companies too they will see you as a poseur who takes themselves too seriously and as someone who is doubting the companies ability to make a descision on your material.....

when the door opens, you strike... you dont fuck about & miss the opportunity. Every one of your dance big-name hero's started out making lo-fi bad quality stuff on cheap 'crappy' gear - how come they are now huge sellers I wonder?.. because they just did it mate - they didnt sit around telling people "you cant listen to this because you can't make a descision listening like this" - THAT attitude is pure arrogance man and will get you absolutely no-where.

Do you think someone like say Heartless crew started out with a real pro flash website like they have now?.. nope.. they probably started out playing ruff home made cassettes or pa at parties & gigs and doing live voice overs on top. Now they are almost impossible to book live they are so in demand & they dont even release tunes!!!... go figure mate...

I'll tell you one bit of GOLDEN ADVICE in this industry spyro - NEVER EVER EVER play down your material... no matter WHAT the situation, it is ALWAYS good enuff to listen to.

The soon as you start to qualify it, and setup criteria under which you yourself are playing the material down yourself because of circumstance then you are showing weakness & lack of confidence
n

Now trust me.. that is valuable real advice that'll be worth taking heed of mate. If you just get on and do it, let people listen, and actualy do it, thing will happen... if you instead sit around endlessly remixing, and hiding the material & stopping it from being heard and complaining about the situation in which it is being shown/heard and showing weakness, nothing will happen.

Take it or leave it, but thats the best advice I can give anyone in this biz...

Pele, the greatest footballer ever, got signed to his first club playing with no boots in the street as a kid... get it!?...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 19/31             11-Aug-01  @  06:52 AM   -   RE: What about my work guys?

k

that's Heartless by the way . good site

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 20/31             11-Aug-01  @  08:22 AM   -   RE: What about my work guys?

Panama

File?:  [image]

[image file]

I dunno what 'erked' kilo. But he has a valid
statement. BUT kilo, look at his gear! its not
much.. I don't even see a analog synthesizer
there. give the boy some slack.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 31 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)