aaa All I ever hear... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: All I ever hear...

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 07-Sep-01  @  04:21 PM   -   All I ever hear...

Pongoid

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

...is people talking about the uQ. What the fuck? That's the entry level piece now. Nobody ever talks about their MW1 or XTK or Q here anymore. What happened? Did you all figure out every bit of those tools? If so, you folks are all way tougher than I am, cuz I'm still discovering stuff about all of my pieces and some I've had for ten years or more. I still love my Q and my MW1. Dope ass live pieces.

Ape

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/39             17-Sep-01  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

Bit Crusher

Link?:  Link

I think waldorf users are as fanatical about thier products as volkswagen owners are about thier cars. Ever since my bro went out and got an xt i have been hooked on that sound, nothing else seems to interest me at the moment(well micromodular does). Im nowhere near hitting the limits with my mQ yet, Ive kinda gotten this strange feeling that Ill never be able to make the sounds in my head, not because this synth cant do it, I know it can, and have heard it, its just that the mod matrix is so powerful I just start routing shit to other shit and this back to that and such and come up with some wacked out sounds and never really create any usable patches.
Am I weird? Its fun anyways. Enough ranting.

Message 12/39             18-Sep-01  @  03:02 AM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

8life8

Link?:  No link

ok just tried that turn all osc off and use the filter reso to self osc and yhea create a sub tone hell yea I get sub but hell no I can't play it in pitch to get u know a melodic subbass becouse there r no osc to move in pitch..hmm filtertracking maybe? anyway it works well for a kick though .. but it clicks and flaps too much I guess there is no way to get a stabel kick out of it, it's too alive.. sample it?? well I am so anti samplebased kick that I just can't get myself to do it ..but man I have to grow up at some point .. off to turn on the sampler

Message 13/39             18-Sep-01  @  09:15 AM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

Pongoid

Link?: Link

I've run into the same thing in regards to kicks on my MW1. Sample it, I guess, or use an Xbass to get the initial hit, and the MW1 for the smooth body of the kick. Hats are hard on anything.

Message 14/39             18-Sep-01  @  02:23 PM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

steve

if you want ot play the self-osc subs, then yeah you need to adjust the filter tracking as the tone will only play at the frequency the filter is at.

Still, I had mad fun with that one and it was the only sound ever the e4 let me down on when I sampled it.

Message 15/39             18-Sep-01  @  05:18 PM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

8life8

actually a few tweaks (roll bit of the vca attack and I get far less clicks, actually usable kicks!, and yhea hats are hard on anything that only has a lpf .. still mangeling .. I know I'll turn this beast into the ultamet drum box eventually ..

Message 16/39             20-Sep-01  @  09:34 AM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

Pongoid

Getting the filter in the MW1 to tune properly with keytracking is a pain in the ass. Also, it only goes so low, but it deos a really nice job if you back off just a bit from total self oscillation and use some really deep notes. Try using the two square waves found at the end any table, and adjust the startsample of one or both to adjust pulsewidth, and you have instant Dub bass at low pitch, low cutoff, and heavy resonance. Caution: this will test your system.

Ape

Message 17/39             21-Sep-01  @  12:48 PM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

woxy

actually i drive a volkswagen as well as owning an XT

woxy

Message 18/39             29-Sep-01  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

8life8

mmmm dub basslines, nice tip ... I used to drive a suzuki btw .. not sure if that makes me special so I'd like to ad that I jumped on a subaro once ohh yhea we were flying, looking at rooftops out the sidewindow we made it about 3meters in the air and I landed about 7 meters from the jumping point .. couln't start the car again .. came home 6am and told my grand parents I had a flat tier.. next day we came to pick it up in daylight and it was totaly screwd.. didn't to intensioanly, I'm just a good drive on ice I guess .. jup bless thouse light cars, they totaly fly :P

Message 19/39             01-Oct-01  @  06:26 PM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

Pongoid

Waldorf sub-bass can have strange effects on reality. Want more....

Ape

Message 20/39             02-Oct-01  @  02:32 PM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

maxwelln

I have had my Micro Q for a few months now, and I constantly play with it. I am still a long way off from even scraping the proverbial iceberg, though. I don't think I have ever touched a more satisfying piece of gear. I wish I could get access to the q rack, cause of the knobs.

- Nick

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 39 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)