aaa Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 28-Nov-01  @  07:09 AM   -   Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

brad

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Yulp, me & marianimal finally got our demo CD done! It's 7 all live tracks- recorded here in the SF Bay area at the Hush Hush Lounge, Light, and er, my basement! The demo is just somefin to give to promoters, club owners, etc. Yes, yes, please do laugh at the headshot ;-)

Anyway this track is called 'Cannot Repeat.' Say what you want about the track, but don't bother mentioning EQ/levels/mastering, etc- it's recorded live! Bassline is real subby and got mostly lost in the encoding- hey turn it up for me on your stereo willya?

First in a series...cheers for listening if you do.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/29             29-Nov-01  @  04:18 AM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

influx

hehe...dont take the "no vocals" thing personally M. Im just one of those people that is into the idea of one or two people geeking out in, eliminating the "rock" element (words, guitar leads, etc) but thats not a criticism more of a preference

Message 12/29             29-Nov-01  @  05:59 AM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

marianimal

Link?:  No link

No worries, Influx, I knew you hated vox & I wasn't expecting to convert you. Yeah, the solo does come across as cheesy, notewise & patchwise, def time to attend to that matter. Tanx tons for all the suggestions.

Message 13/29             29-Nov-01  @  06:23 AM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

brad

Link?: Link

OK got "Right Time" up. Downtempo, with plenty of delay all on the vox for y'all.

xoxos- yeah, got a second mic and mic-stand for me. Now just gotta learn to sing in other places besides the car&shower.

Message 14/29             29-Nov-01  @  06:37 AM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

panama

heh heh, influx. I'll reword for you...

I would get some effects on that voice... like
some crazy delay with a subtle verb. It will
definitley open the tune up...

Message 15/29             29-Nov-01  @  06:45 AM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

brad

Just added "Electro." Marianne sings traditional Indian Raga over some big booty electro beats! A crowd fave..she could tell ya more about the Raga part than me- I don't even know if I'm spelling it right.

Slapback delay on the vox boys, but you know, you f*cking can't hear it! Blame it on the MP3 Brad, sure...;-)

It gets crazy at the end. I take off my shirt and belly dance, oh wait, you can't see that unless you come to the show, nyuk nyuk.

Message 16/29             29-Nov-01  @  07:02 AM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

influx

what a clever title!;)

Message 17/29             29-Nov-01  @  09:59 AM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

xoxos

fucking influx!! no no no i didn't say the solo *was* cheesy, i said it *should be* ie. with a rotary speed-up swell and a bunch of chromatic scaling, like the classic stuff, tho i regret assuming that because you didn't play one like that, you can't. well, i know i can't, so maybe you shouldn't. maybe bedwyr can play one of those. it's a cross between that and 'one of those old time songs' by leonard hall. bedwyr can you redo 'coch' in yamaha 4op 'honkeytonk.'

agreeing.. thinking an excessively wet sound would work well for electro vocals.. over-the-top diva house chorus with subtle panning band pass delays.

glad to hear you're in on the b/g vocals.. if you can make them extra-whiny and off-key like you're always cracking up and do a bit of 'woah' and 'yeah' it'd be magical.

Message 18/29             29-Nov-01  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

bedwyr

don't like this one so much   dunno why, backing's a bit 'messy' maybe? ... i'll have another listen late at night  

m, playing's not cheesy, just the sound (a bit)

xoxos, no dx h/w, i'll have a look at rainbow synth vsti, might have to ask questions about programming tho (too late now anyway, maybe i should post before delivering).

Message 19/29             29-Nov-01  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

marianimal

Hey B, remember we changed the title on the electro tune? It's called Kafi, which isn't much cleverer but it tells you which raga you're in.

I would love to be able to play like Jimmy Smith, who I don't think is cheesy at all, but I'm not there yet. As for over-the-top diva vox, hm, just not what I'm going for (or capable of, with respect to those who are) but maybe those fx would sound cool anyway. I'd also love to do something like what A Guy Called Gerald did with the woman's vox in "Voodoo Ray", which came up in another thread recently. She's like a lead synth, but not in your face. We're also experimenting more with sampling the vox and manipulating them, cos you know, I like buttons & knobs too. 

Message 20/29             29-Nov-01  @  08:10 PM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

influx

oh yeah xoxos? well..NYEAH!!!

I didnt say anything about any "cheeze" factor in this song...I dont see it that way. 'sides..the stuff Ive heard..with the pitched up vocals and shit...pretty cheesy. At least M's voice is real!

I listened to "Kafi" too...

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)