aaa making goa - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

13-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: making goa

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 01-Feb-02  @  05:19 AM   -   making goa

tedd

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

what synth would be good for creating goa/psy trance. i need help getting started producing goa trance.email me peace, Trench

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/34             28-Feb-02  @  05:33 PM   -   RE: making goa

k

Link?:  Link

but reason is the don for drums with VST (on vst channels on the vst mixer) - Reason/VST combi rewired with FM7 as additional VSTi & all sequenced by VST sequencer would be a DREAM setup for trance.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/34             28-Feb-02  @  06:18 PM   -   RE: making goa

Frostbyte

That's what i keep telling my downstair neibghor.

at this point your either thick or completely naive to go hardware (or nuts; but that's another category).

Message 13/34             28-Feb-02  @  08:11 PM   -   RE: making goa

milan

Link?: Link

yeaaaah maaan, hardware relly makes me goa!

erm...iŽll get me coat then...

Message 14/34             01-Mar-02  @  04:22 PM   -   RE: making goa

xoxos

nice big analog poly

Message 15/34             01-Mar-02  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: making goa

bedwyr

2nd for fm7, most of the presets are trancy.

Message 16/34             03-Mar-02  @  12:44 AM   -   RE: making goa

Brett B

"Reason good for just messin around" ha haha....

sounds like that's all you did with it then.
Reaktor is cool, but I can make shit jump out of the mix and punch you in the gut using Reason. It's a tool and thus requires getting skilled with it! You don't mix in it like a software app. if you treat it like hardware there isn't anything I can't do with it.

K is right, the drums rock, but no velocity layering on the Redrum or the NN19 sampler.But it does respond well to velocity and tonal modualtion.

Message 17/34             03-Mar-02  @  01:08 PM   -   RE: making goa

k

yeah for dance i dont care much about layering, but you could compliment REASON (rewired) for drums, with a freeware plugin sample player for any layered special drums/sounds (RMF & 'Shiny Sampler' is 2 off the top of my head that each does 4 layers. Or, add a multi-in rack and a hardware smapler or use a dedicated s/w sampler... haven't investigated nn19 for layering yet...

Message 18/34             05-Mar-02  @  05:51 AM   -   RE: making goa

Brett B

I still need to get the upgrade to cubase 5, but I am concerned with the sound quality, as Reason has it's own no over protection that compresses the output and this is why I mix down in it. My Reason mixes are much tighter than any of the tracks i did in Cubase and I am afraid that using the two might yeild a final product i may not like. For this I can always arrange tracks in Cubase with Rewire and external gear ,then track them to audio in Cubase and then load them into a NN19 for final mixdown through the reason mixer.

Message 19/34             05-Mar-02  @  05:56 AM   -   RE: making goa

Brett B

by the way what are some goa artists. I have never really focused on it and would like to hear some examples that define the style. I have tracks with middle eastern sounds like Lexicon Ave "Midnight on W.37th ST." But I like the sound but don't really have any examples to listen too here at my house. I downloaded a mix set, but it really was just hard trance mixed with some eastern style tracks, but not indian. I want to learn more abour the 7 tone scales, I think the tabla is what it was called? I may be off, that is why i am asking.

Message 20/34             05-Mar-02  @  09:00 AM   -   RE: making goa

bedwyr

tablas are drums, mate.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)