aaa ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++ - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 13-Mar-02  @  05:00 AM   -   ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

Cloud Nine

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hello K,

I was wondering, would it be possible to have another category in the GENRE/FLAVA section? Something like Dance/New Age Crossover or some such thing. Then all us odd bods who are doing something that's not pure dance music, but still falls within the bounds of it would have a section of our own.

I can't be the only one who's constantly encountering a problem when it comes to deciding which flava to list my tracks in. I'm opting for Techno or Ambient most of the time, but it's not really satisfactory. Another section would make a great site even better.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/45             13-Mar-02  @  08:47 PM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

Cloud Nine

Okay Damballah and Moujik, so you don't like what I do. Well I don't like what you do much either.
So that makes us all as narrow minded as each other.

I suggested the idea of another category because I thought with all the genre's that are already there another one was needed to cover stuff that doesn't quite fit into those flavas. But I agree with K, there are too many, so if he's going to prune it down, perhaps it doesn't matter.

Message 12/45             13-Mar-02  @  09:39 PM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

damballah

Link?: Link

"airy-fairy" refers to something from before you got here, apparently, and has nothing to do with your tunes. just a genre suggestion.

Message 13/45             13-Mar-02  @  10:12 PM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

steve

'airy-fairy' gets my vote for sure.

whatever, just strip it down to the most basic descriptions - house, techno, trance, blah blah blah.

Message 14/45             13-Mar-02  @  10:42 PM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

influx

Link?:  Link

Im with steve

too many people think theyre doing something special and need some 5 levels down sub-genre

nonsense

yeah. techno, house, breaks, Drum N Bass, Ambient, Downtempo

if you cant fit into that, well...

Message 15/45             14-Mar-02  @  12:11 AM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

cloud nine

My apologies Damballah. And influx, I don't think I'm doing anything special, I'm just doing what comes naturally to me. So let's just stick with the genres as they are, you've obviously all got closed minds to any change.

But I did like Brett B's suggestion "downtempo/experimental".

Message 16/45             14-Mar-02  @  02:06 AM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

influx

"So let's just stick with the genres as they are, you've obviously all got closed minds to any change. "

go ahead. pout more. I wasnt directing my comment at you specifically, but you seem to have the normal artistic syndrome and think that it all relates to you, so...

I can't help ya there. Calling us closed minded is a bit farcical tho, innit?

Message 17/45             14-Mar-02  @  02:32 AM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

damballah

Link?: Link

what? no dub! you're fucking slighting me you SoCal bastard!

mebbe if the genres were tree-like. the microvarieties of house & trance make my head spin, but they're useful to some, I'm sure. but people could just call it trance and stick the prog, goa, psy, candyraver, madagascar-stylee or whatever in their track description and then explain how it all relates how to the great horned one possessed their game console or sumpin. seen?

Message 18/45             14-Mar-02  @  03:38 AM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

influx

oh shit. dub. sorry.

and speedgarage. and hardcore. and andanannanananananannanaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

oh. IDM

Message 19/45             14-Mar-02  @  03:53 AM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

Cloud Nine

Well influx, I'm glad you call it "the normal artistic syndrome". At least that gives me something in common with most other people here.

Message 20/45             14-Mar-02  @  04:17 AM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

k

right, it... they stay the same then!  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 45 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)