aaa new synth? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

14-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: new synth?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 15-Mar-02  @  08:46 AM   -   new synth?

liquidphire

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I'm thinking of buying a master keyboard and I was looking at Triton LE, Motif 6 and Fantom. Basically I'm looking for a keybard with loads of sounds aimed at dance/trance/techno type of music, but I don't want a VA. Can anyone recommend something? I can spent around $1,500 - $1,900 at most. How does Motif 6 compare to Triton (not LE)?

Thank you in advance!

Peace.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/20             18-Mar-02  @  04:07 PM   -   RE: new synth?

Pongoid

Link?: Link

Lay off the romplers. Something like the Esynth would do the job well, part sampler part synth, good sound, super controllability, easy interface once you get the hang of the architecture. Very nice machine for not a lot of loot right now. And when you feel like it, you can upgrade it to a monster of an E4. That's phat.

Ape

Message 12/20             18-Mar-02  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: new synth?

damballah

lay off romplers? the difference between the esynth and the the other emu e-series smaplers is the 16 MB ROM that they stick in it. part sampler/part rompler. so why not an E-6400, E-5000? the ROM isn't going to give him anything he doesn't already have in the XL-1.

Message 13/20             18-Mar-02  @  06:40 PM   -   RE: new synth?

influx

"And when you feel like it, you can upgrade it to a monster of an E4. "

uh...not really unless you want to get fucked in the ass by Emu.

but...that is true..the Esynth sounds are a bit dated although usable when tweaked

BUT...it, and the E4k (no ROM sounds) have pretty nice feeling keyboards!

and they are CHEAP!!! I have seen them for $sub 1000

plus...4 sliders and a "thumby button" which can send any controller you wish so they would be cool for running other things

one thing tho liquid..you said you wanted a workstation because they can do 16 parts? Do you mean..the sequencer? you want a sequencer on it too?

if not..then most midi synths do 16 parts, so...thats not so much of a concern

Message 14/20             19-Mar-02  @  06:19 AM   -   RE: new synth?

liquidphire

Nah, I don't need a sequencer, I meant 16 parts of multitimbrality, so I can assign different patches to different MIDI channels.

Thanx for all the suggestions guys, I appreciate it!

Peace!

Message 15/20             19-Mar-02  @  07:56 AM   -   RE: new synth?

influx

right...so most new synths are gonna be 16 part multi. not all, I know..but...plenty

Message 16/20             19-Mar-02  @  04:56 PM   -   RE: new synth?

Pongoid

Yes, Esynth is kind of a hybrid, as is the k2000/k2500/K26000, sampler with ROM'd synth waveforms, but really nicely tweekable.

Ape

Message 17/20             19-Mar-02  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: new synth?

Brett B

Link?:  No link

one inherant diadvantage to a sampler, is the lack of real time resonance. If you want a swell to start out warm and end thin with the resonance you have to program the realtime parameters adn this is a bitch especially if you have any layers.

The triton is a great synth, but when you add the moss analog and physical modeling card, it becomes one versitle machine. Sampler, great orchestral, drum kits out the wazzoo, and all at 48khz and sounding prestine next to anything else. The onboard fx sections of the triton are awsome as well. But if you want all that, buy a an oasys card for a pc and you will have it. $400.

Message 18/20             20-Mar-02  @  11:37 AM   -   RE: new synth?

Pongoid

You can control these things real time, via MIDI with EMUs, and the same for Kurz, I believe. Easy peasy. Hardware!!

Ape

Message 19/20             21-Mar-02  @  05:56 PM   -   RE: new synth?

99devils

I was under the impression that the lack of ability to control resonance was strictly an Akai thing.. I never found it to be limitation myself but I still don't work my sampler near as hard as I could...

-Craig

Message 20/20             21-Mar-02  @  06:06 PM   -   RE: new synth?

steve

Link?:  No link

nah, e-mus can`t do it either ......at least not the more recent ones. There is a workaround on the E4 series, but its a bit of a pain to implement.

Pages: 1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)