aaa Ferrous Oxide - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

30-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Ferrous Oxide

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 19-Mar-02  @  03:06 AM   -   Ferrous Oxide

sitarsong

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

My first track using NI's Reaktor and Waldorf's Attack. It's techno. Mix sounds pretty good in encoding this time. Unfortunately there is 20 seconds of silence before it begins. Thought I had it selected flush. One of these days I'll get everything right. I think this is a good track. Comments are very welcome. Thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/34             19-Mar-02  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: Ferrous Oxide

sitar

I had it thinned out more and then at the end thought I need to put more in to make it sound like something. Then I was pulling things out again. I realized I just couldn't hear it anymore. I guess as I progress I need to learn to get away from a track for a while and come back with fresh ears. How many times have I heard that?

A banging kick. I started with a soft kick Influx. As the track morphed into 50 ft attack ants I didn't even think to change the kick out. Good idea. I have to come up with something harder. Good idea. I also thought to start the track with the full drum thing going on like it does at the end and then pull things out for breaks and stuff. Would be better. Forgot to try it out. I thought for once the mix sounded somewhat good in lo-fi. Oh well. Onwards and upwards. Thanks all.

Message 12/34             22-Mar-02  @  04:32 AM   -   RE: Ferrous Oxide

cloud nine

Link?:  No link

Interesting. Not the sort of thing I'd normally take much notice of tho. Just one thought occurs to me Sitar, do you think it might have been a better idea to have become a bit more accquianted with the proggie before doing any tracks with it?

I mean with such a large and complicated piece of software, it's a bit like trying to run before u can walk. No offence intended btw.

Message 13/34             22-Mar-02  @  12:54 PM   -   RE: Ferrous Oxide

sitar

That's a point Cloud Nine. But if I waited to get familiar enough with anything, I wouldn't be putting any tracks up at all yet. Would have to go to some school or find someone who could teach me how to mix properly first even if I was familiar enough with my gear and the genres. And then I'd be selling my tracks up on the market already if that was the case, isn't it? Believe me. There are a couple of friends that have told me months ago they have producer friends that I could at least send tracks to. They've given up on telling me I think. I know my stuff isn't anywhere near ready.

Message 14/34             22-Mar-02  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: Ferrous Oxide

xoxos

Link?: Link

i won't belabour the point. send your music off, mark. some of the stuff you've done should be on singles. do it, or rob from the world.

Message 15/34             22-Mar-02  @  07:22 PM   -   RE: Ferrous Oxide

Maarten

At three minutes I think Killer Bees rather than ants, dunno maybe some difference in perception. Dig the track but missing this real hard 808 kick compressed to F&U&C&K (not registered), you know? Cool that synth coming in at 5:30, like that.

-M-

Message 16/34             22-Mar-02  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: Ferrous Oxide

influx

yeah..cloud nine...where are you comin from?

are you one of those people that thinks someone should have everything MASTERED before they present it?

sitar is clearly capable of putting forth well-planned and well-executed tracks, so theres no need for that shit

do you have all your gear mastered in and out? I certainly dont, not 100%

Message 17/34             22-Mar-02  @  08:31 PM   -   RE: Ferrous Oxide

sitar

Thanks Xoxos for your strong vote of confidence.

Hey Maarten, this track obviously has me on a path to produce insect cds. There are worse things in life.   I know this track has potential and I'm lookin forward to ironing it out.

And how many of you can brag after you posted a track that Influx came to your rescue, twice! Thanks all.

Message 18/34             22-Mar-02  @  09:03 PM   -   RE: Ferrous Oxide

influx

the first one is someone I know..altho I dont know if he knows who I am? and it was an out of place comment that sounded like it came from a VERY narrow perspective, that of an insular clique-y raver type and I didnt think that person was like that, so....

Message 19/34             22-Mar-02  @  09:48 PM   -   RE: Ferrous Oxide

Cloud Nine

Link?:  No link

Okay Influx, you're right - I'm nowhere near mastering all of my gear. I haven't even begun to get used to Reason, and Orion still holds mysteries. But I personally wouldn't do something in Reason and post it on the site, until I knew at least enough about it - to be able to part master it.

I wasn't criticising Sitar, I was merely suggesting that a couple of weeks pratice time might be a good idea. But seeming as how you contradict everything - I'll keep me trap shut in future.

Message 20/34             22-Mar-02  @  10:02 PM   -   RE: Ferrous Oxide

xoxos

Link?: Link

well there's no need for that, just try and put it down so it's leading instead of crossing.. get it? leading instead of crossing...

it's like the mister men. there's mr. tickle, and mr. sneezy and all the others, including mr. posts-wack-ass-slop-he-hardly-worked-on, and they all live together in the mister men land.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)