aaa If you're feelin it... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: If you're feelin it...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13

Original Message                 Date: 20-Mar-02  @  12:36 PM   -   If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

...swing on by and check some stuff out. Should be a few new trax up in the coming days, as soon as my buddy gets them coded. Most of it's pretty tame. I'm savin the raw stuff for the live gigs.

Ape

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/126             22-Mar-02  @  10:31 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Link?: Link

sorry, bad link. That should be better.

Message 12/126             22-Mar-02  @  10:35 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Why not put them up here? Cuz you have to compress a lot the quality out of them. Not enough space for decent bandwidth crunches of the tunes. Not complaining, just explaining.

Ape

Message 13/126             22-Mar-02  @  11:21 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

woxy

i really wanted to hear "Armand Van PissOnYou" and the link doesn't work......

am d/l-ing the others

Message 14/126             22-Mar-02  @  11:41 AM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

woxy

my favourite is fingerhash although i do like chugging as well - - - nice bass groove you got going there

[if its not top-secret] -> -> what s/w or h/w are you using to master/limit your tracks post-mix? they all have a lush warmth to them.

woxy

Message 15/126             22-Mar-02  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Thanks. I usually use SoundForge. I've used different stuff on most of them, but Isotope seems to do a pretty good job. That stuff really isn't all that mastered actually, just a bit of compression, some EQ, and a bit of pop removal, most of the time. I have yet to have most of it put through the professional crunchings like tube compression, or a finalizer, etc.. Most of the warmth comes from using good gear, a mackie mixer, and really just adjusting the sounds so that they work with each other. I also use an old ProCo Rat and a bit of reverb when I can, and I think this really helps, even if it does add a bit of noise. Anothiner thing is that they are not compressed to hell like the tracks here are, if you're using that as a reference. I've got a sneaking suspicion that the sound quality of the work of a lot of folks here is higher than the mp3's here would allude to. At least I hope so.

K,

I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth, and the fact that the facility exists alone makes it cool. It's just my snobbishness in wanting to keep as much of my sound intact as I can.

Ape

Message 16/126             22-Mar-02  @  02:47 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

k

iheardat!  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 17/126             22-Mar-02  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

woxy

was just curious - - - i've got a horrible earth loop problem with my hardware at the moment - - so i've been trying out mixing everything down as audio in CubaseVST with plenty of plug-ins and to my surprise its been sounding pretty good - - - tried out the dave brown audio mastering plugins - but was curious as to how Izotope sounded - still got another 15days of the db audio trial left - probably gonna have to buy 'em - the side-chain ducking compressor is well good

cheers
woxy

Message 18/126             22-Mar-02  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Hold on 1 second

Link?:  No link

"Why not put them up here? Cuz you have to compress a lot the quality out of them. Not enough space for decent bandwidth crunches of the tunes. Not complaining, just explaining."

WTF

Message 19/126             22-Mar-02  @  07:00 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Maarten

Well at least put up your name "Hold on...".
I can't resist to add though that Influx uploaded a remix of one of his tracks that showed it can be done and still sound tight, warm and all that...
BTW, I listened to those tracks quite some time ago..."Armand Van.." rocks man. Make sure to post when the new material is up.

-M-

Message 20/126             23-Mar-02  @  03:22 PM   -   RE: If you're feelin it...

Pongoid

Ok, more up, I believe. Although, flif needs repair. Working on it as I type. Enjoy the new stuff.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13

There are 126 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)