aaa Supernova2 v.2 Software? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 02-May-02  @  05:27 PM   -   Supernova2 V2 Software?

Pure Phase

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Wasnt there supposed to a new operating system for the Supernova II , version 2.0 ? I think it was due out yesterday?
Anyone heard anything?
Cheers

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/57             08-May-02  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

k

Link?:  Link

so, I own a SN1 and I know what the updates for that brought us (more poly, more sounds, new osc' waves etc) ... what's SN2 os2 gonna bring to the table?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/57             08-May-02  @  11:02 PM   -   Nova II keyboard?

joakimperzzon

Link?: Link

Hi all, am I just stupid or why canīt I find any patcher for my nova II? Ofcourse the supernova II patches work but...which of the other novaīs should I compare my Nova II with? I mean, itīs to new to be a Supernova and to old to be compared with at Supernova II. Am I just plain stupid? ;) I havenīt found ONE single user of the Nova II...I cant be the only one  

Regards

Joaquim PerZZon
The Leeloo Project

Message 13/57             09-May-02  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

sitar

I own a SN1 and the OS's have been great. The last one took a while but was worth the wait. I was sorry to see Phil go and that whole incident about a year and a half ago with someone at Novation being the victim of it was totally obnoxious. That someone stopped posting here too. I haven't spent very much time in this forum for a while because of those kinds of things. Novation puts out great stuff and they come here to answer questions. They're working as hard and fast as they can on everything I'm sure. Cheers to the whole crew.

Message 14/57             09-May-02  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

Pure Phase

Thats the amazing thing.
There is only one person at Novation... oh and a receptionist. He does customer services, technical engineering, the website, product maintenance and even finds time to come on here and take some abuse. Cheers geezer (and thanks for fixing my SN2).

Message 15/57             09-May-02  @  06:24 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

k

lol!!... yup... Novation actualy are located in a shoe box in t' middle of road... every morning they have to get up and eat a handful of cold gravel .... etc

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 16/57             10-May-02  @  11:57 AM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

M

Link?: Link

Well, he's been getting up before he goes to bed because there's also a new soundset for OS2!

Regards

Murray

Message 17/57             10-May-02  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

k

lol!... AND paying mill owner f'permission t'come t'work!...

Message 18/57             10-May-02  @  07:13 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

nickb

Dear All,

As Murray has already said, there is indeed a new soundset for the Supernova II which has already been posted on the site. This will load with some limitations into the Nova & Supernova.

For Supernova IIs, some of these sounds use new features which have been implimented in OS2, so if you want to hear them as they were designed, wait until the OS2 is posted on the site so that this can be loaded before the sounds, otherwise you'll probably find that have to reload the sounds once the OS is uploaded.

As the site states, the OS2 is due to be loaded by Mon 13th.

Best regards,

Nick Bookmann

Message 19/57             10-May-02  @  09:07 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

Kinetik

I can confirm that all work and testing on the SN2 OS2.o was officially completed this afternoon.

All being well, I see no reason why the OS cannot be posted on Mon 13th as planned.

As Nick has said, also included will be a new sound set. This will make use of the Supernova's 8 Program banks.

As well as fixes for all bugs (that we're aware of), there's plenty of tasty new features included. However, don't expect new Osc waveforms or Filter types....

Regards,

Kinetik. (Hey - there MUST be someone else apart from Nick & the receptionist after all !)

Message 20/57             11-May-02  @  12:17 AM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

M

TWO people getting up before they go to bed! Now we know the world is a safer place :-)

Cheers Kinetik

M

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 57 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)