aaa Free Blue Plug-ins - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Free Blue Plug-ins

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 09-May-02  @  02:44 PM   -   Free Blue Plug-ins

Drop

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Just reading Future Music during lunch break. This Black Dog article was talking about the "Blue" plug-ins he uses. He was saying how good they were and they are free. Can you download them off the net and does anyone know a link?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/30             09-May-02  @  07:12 PM   -   RE: Free Blue Plug-ins

milan

Link?: Link

most importantly, did it sort out your 'pumping' problem, Drop?  

those pluggies look good, gonna check them out!

Message 12/30             09-May-02  @  07:22 PM   -   RE: Free Blue Plug-ins

Drop

Link?:  No link

No, cos I don't use compressor plug-ins once my drums have left the computer.

I did manage to get a pumping sound over my grouped drums though. I ended up listening to Peace Division records and trying to copy the "pumping" vibe. I got quite close but still not exactly right. I'll try again tonight and forever more probably.

Message 13/30             09-May-02  @  08:15 PM   -   RE: Free Blue Plug-ins

bedwyr

peace division! wa-hey!

the blue compressor says it's mostly for individual sounds. i gonna try him out now.

Message 14/30             09-May-02  @  08:45 PM   -   RE: Free Blue Plug-ins

bedwyr

File?:  File

compdemo.mp3

dunno how helpfull this is, here's an 8 bar drum loop, 3 times. first with no compression, then the blue, then the native logic compressor. the compressors had identical settings, and all three were at -3.2db in logic. normalized the whole file and encoded in wavelab. is it a fair comparison? or maybe you should try and get the same sound from each compressor then compare the settings. live and learn.

Message 15/30             09-May-02  @  09:27 PM   -   RE: Free Blue Plug-ins

xoxos

thought you meant blue audio at first. truth is with all these resources on diy vst (tobybear, CM tutorial) we've all got to learn to code this stuff or drop to the bottom (no 'fence.)

this is the extremity of the hacker. learn how or be cut down.

btw haven't figured it out yet (putting it off for a few months) but it looks like borlands freecommandlinetools will do .dll files so all us freeloaders are set.

Message 16/30             10-May-02  @  01:17 AM   -   RE: Free Blue Plug-ins

sitarsong

The 3rd set was the punchiest on my speakers. I've just played with the blueline compressor a bit. It's pretty awesome. I like it's chunkiness too K. I like the little hand. Makes me feel a step more in touch. I tried the drum preset, not on drums though so don't expect any useful feedback from me there. I'm very impressed though. The reverb has a very nice quality to it. What's with the filter? The sliders under the high and low pass say null and won't move. And the off/on button won't turn on.

Yea and I think the guy has a trust in people. He probably feels he has a quality product too and people will respond in good faith to that. I hope he's not disappointed cuz these are quality plugins. I'll probably wind up sending him the money if I find I'm using these after a while. My gut says I will be. After all, I paid for winzip. It'd be an insult for me not to pay him.

Uuuuh. That reminds me. I got an email from the folks at winzip. A new version. They're probably counting on me :P

Message 17/30             10-May-02  @  01:47 AM   -   RE: Free Blue Plug-ins

k

Link?:  Link

well for commercial release he'd have to tidy up the interface I guess... the reverb is GREAT!!... brilliant drum reverb etc, the multi-tap delay to is great, I love the grid and lines for the tempo delay page

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 18/30             10-May-02  @  02:08 AM   -   RE: Free Blue Plug-ins

xoxos

palancar 'empire' reminded me an awful lot of lexicon's reverbs. wonder why they're absolutely non-editable..

you'll need ULTIMATEZIP to unpack that 4-op jap vsti (translated off a yammie chip) tho. winzip don't do it.

Message 19/30             10-May-02  @  02:37 AM   -   RE: Free Blue Plug-ins

sitarsong

Oh and that wasn't the filter that won't turn on. It's the gate. They must need something to be at a minimum level to activate maybe? Yea the reverb is beautiful. I like the drum reverb lots too. It's right about perfect. I think the compressor is very good as well. Haven't played much with the others yet. Just opened them up. I'm hoping to remix paraphanlia this weekend and I think these guys arrived just in time for the fun  

Message 20/30             10-May-02  @  11:31 PM   -   RE: Free Blue Plug-ins

xoxos

that stuff crashed the fuck out of logic 4.8.1 shame - i liked the comp and the chorus, but it made the track crash every time i reopened it. save settings, close/open effect. an when i switched from panel to control surface it wouldn't go back. the reverb took it down before i got a chance to fiddle. opened two of them at the time and my pc made a really really scary noise i never want to hear again.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 30 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)