aaa HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 25-Jul-02  @  11:06 AM     Edit: 25-Jul-02  |  11:08 AM   -   HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I am having major problems with my ES2. The problem:

Having used the ES2 for 2 days everything was running fine, and it sounded great! Then all of a sudden I load up my PC and Load up logic play a track I have been working on and the ES2 sounds like my kitchen sink garborator! I rebooted Logic and it sounded different but still crap! Now everything that I created with the ES2 sounds like shit! This is only happening with the ES2. Not with the ES1 or EXS24 (Allthough I haven't tried the EVOC). After contacting Emagic they suggested re-installing Logic, which I tried. That didn't work so I have just re-installed my entire OS (as suggested by Emagic support) and that worked for another 2 days then the ES2 reverted to spitting out garbled noise sounds.

I have the recent drivers for all of my hardware and have installed SP2 for Win2K so all is up to date. Everything on my PC runs beautifully except the ES2. I have checked on InfoWeb and various forums but it appears that I am the only person with this problem. Could somebody PLEASE help me? This is an absolute nightmare!

FYI, the other software that I have on the PC is:
Sonitus Plugins (Updated to R3)
Waves Gold Bundle
Win RAR
Sound Forge 4.5
Ohm Force OhmBoyz delay (VST)

My System is as follows:

Win2K Pro (SP2) Dual-Boot;
LAP5.1.3 (via updates from Logic 4.0);
Gigabyte GA-7DXR (AMD 761 north-bridge) BIOS F9;
AMD T-Bird 1.4Ghz 266FSB;
512MB DDR RAM PC2100;
Audiowerk 8 Audio I/F;
MT4 MIDI I/F;
Matrox G550 (Millenium) AGP Card;
21" Dell monitor, 19" Viglen Monitor;
IBM Deskstar 7200rpm ATA100 120GXP 40GB HDD (IDE channel 1);
Fujitsu 7200rpm ATA100 40GB HDD (IDE channel 3 W/ onboard Promise ATA100 Controller);
LG CDRW (IDE channel 2);

Thankyou in advance!

Steve.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/53             26-Jul-02  @  12:02 PM     Edit: 26-Jul-02  |  12:04 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Stvy, I allready have a dual boot setup, and I made an image of my audio partition before installing any audio apps, so I just wipe the audio partition and copy the image of the fresh installation to it.

I have now found that it is indeed Waves PACE interlock, or at least the Waves plugs, that was causing the errors in my event viewer. So I haven't installed them yet. I'm not yet sure if this solves the ES2 problem, but I will let you know in a few days.

Now the BIG problem is that I NEED the Waves processors for three projects that I have not yet finished. Not only that, but I have come to rely on several of the Native plugins and will be devestated if they can't be used. Not to mention how f*$king expensive they were. I have contacted Waves about the problem, but I have a feeling that there is not alot that they will be able to do about it. What am I going to do??? Anyone fancy buying some great plugins?

Thank you for all your help! It is greatly appreciated!

Steve.

Message 12/53             26-Jul-02  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

K

So someone tell me about this WAVES 'thing' ?

Message 13/53             26-Jul-02  @  01:08 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

http://www.prorec.com/prorec/articles.nsf/files/4F0B51C39C17DA6386256B7F0077FBA6

This link will explain all.

Steve.

Message 14/53             26-Jul-02  @  01:41 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

bedwyr

Link?: Link

just get the cracked version steve. if you already paid for it i can't see any problem, moral or otherwise.

in fact, waves should send you the other version coz their copy protection (which obviously hasn't worked) is fucking with your system.

Message 15/53             26-Jul-02  @  01:51 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Right, I think I know what I am going to do now. Cheers!

Steve.

Message 16/53             26-Jul-02  @  10:47 PM     Edit: 26-Jul-02  |  10:48 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

OK. Now I'm flipping infuriated!!! The ES2 is screwing up AGAIN! There are no errors in the event list, there are no corrupt files on my hard disk, everything is running absolutely fine. It is only the ES2 that is screwing up! I have thoroughly tested all the other Logic Audio instruments and they are all fine! What on god's bloody earth is going on??? I feel like I am cursed. I have spent well over £1000 on Logic and Waves software and it is all going to hell in a handbasket! I am NEVER spending money on audio plugins/instruments again, unless anyone has any ideas as to what could be the problem with this ES2!

Cheers all!

Steve.

Message 17/53             26-Jul-02  @  11:19 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

bedwyr

ouch.

what can you do though steve?

is your es2 from a seperate cd (than logic)? is the cd maybe a little corrupt? i don't know how it works though, does it come with the logic 5 cd and then you get a key for your xskey usb thing? anything going wrong there?

being shafted (pc-wise) by emagic is sick enough as it is.

(:

Message 18/53             26-Jul-02  @  11:57 PM     Edit: 28-Jul-02  |  02:05 PM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Cheers for the reply bedwyr. The whole Logic 5 setup including synths came on one CD, the customer support at emagic didn't mention the XSKey so I don't think it will be that. Yeah, it does feel like I am being shafted, but Logic is such an amazing sequencer that it is difficult to carry and bad feelings towards emagic regardless of their actions. And to be honest I couldn't care less is they discontinue Windows products after the release of LAP5.2. It looks set to be absolutely awesome!

After posting the last message, I had a go at using the other ES insts again and sure enough the ESP started messing up as well. As I say, the other Audio Instruments, such as the EXS24 work absolutely fine! I have a feeling that something in my computer doesn't agree with the way the ES synths work (could it be the CPU, or RAM?). Strangely, it seems to be just the oscilators that are messing up. The filters and envelopes work fine, the unison, legato/portamento, etc functions work fine. It just seems that after about 30mins to an hours use of any ES instrument and the osilators start messing up. They start sounding like they have been fed through a hard distortion unit; all fuzzy and crunchy. Eventually the original tone becomes inaudible. I am soooooo confused.

Cheers!

Steve.

Message 19/53             29-Jul-02  @  09:08 AM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

liquidphire

Hmmmm...are you sure this doesn't happen with your other instruments? What sound card(s) are you using? Because I am experiencing a very similar problem with my VST and Logic instruments - after a while they start to sound distorted and eventually I can't even hear the original sound. However, this only happens when I'm using ASIO drivers while both of my Delta sound cards are enabled: Delta 1010 and Delta 44. If I disable one of them, everything works fine, ones I enable both of them, using Delta 1010 is like hell.

I don't know if this pertains to your particular situation, but I thought I'd post this anyway.

Peace.

Message 20/53             29-Jul-02  @  10:52 AM   -   RE: HELP!!!!! ES2 is severely screwed!

Steve Roughley

Right, thankyou. That has given me some more ideas. Thankfully, I haven't spent any money on other VSTi's (I have a feeling that if I did and they were screwing up also, I'd be nearly suicidal), so I can't tell you if that is the case. I'm only using one Audiowerk8 soundcard. You would think that this would work fine with Logic wouldn't you?

Cheers for your reply!

Steve.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 53 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)