aaa bass - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: bass

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 01-Oct-02  @  09:11 PM   -   bass

Jack

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Not sure if this is the most appropriate place to post this message on this site, but it was the best I could find.

I have a question about bass lines.

I have been writing experimental electronic music for about 7 years and am mystified still by some of the bass I hear from techno and rap music. I was wondering if anyone could help clear up what is going on.

What I am talking about is easist to describe in rap music.. the bass line that comes in and goes:
Booooooooooooooom ...... ..... Boooooooooom Boooooooom

Totally fills your speakers, and sounds really warm and smoothe.

Where are they getting that sound... ? How is that being done?

I have:

RM1X
MPC2000XL
ASR-10
ELECTRIBE-R

I have tried everything I can think of myself to replicate this bass line sound.. but am unable to do so... every thing pales in comparison.

Am I making any sense? Any one able to offer any info, advice, or opinions?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/38             03-Oct-02  @  11:29 AM   -   RE: bass

k

Link?:  Link

"xoxos uploaded it to DT, but the link works only from his homepage"

eh?... step back to the main SYNTH FORUM..... select the dropdown for VSTI APP and thumper is there and d/loads fine - also it can be accessed in SAMPLES (samples & files) section via the top icon where the same classification or a name search will bring it up.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/38             03-Oct-02  @  11:46 AM   -   RE: bass

milan

Link?: Link

right... well, i tried searching for it from the main page and couldnt find it no matter what i did. maybe because it doesnt have its own page like some vsti´s do? mebbe it should get more advertisement?  

Message 13/38             03-Oct-02  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: bass

j-type

errata, a filtered sine wave??

there's nothing in a sine wave to filter...

Message 14/38             03-Oct-02  @  04:39 PM   -   RE: bass

k

well then either we or xoxos didnt add a page for it - I cant remember if the other were added.. i think so, so mebbe thumper came afterwards?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 15/38             03-Oct-02  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: bass

k

well only blaster, ecs, orbiter & Utopia have an actual DT listing page - xoxos didnt create a page for any others.. but for the actual files (not review/listing pages) you should search SAMPLES (samples & files) section (click the 'samples' icon) - at the moment you are searching product listing pages.

Message 16/38             03-Oct-02  @  05:46 PM   -   RE: bass

errata

Link?:  No link

run a sine wave through a low pass and roll the cut-off... I do it all the time, yo!

e

Message 17/38             03-Oct-02  @  06:40 PM   -   RE: bass

milan

cheers k. now i know where to look   actually... i was looking for the page because i think its a bit underrated. s'all

Message 18/38             03-Oct-02  @  08:01 PM   -   RE: bass

Meriphew

Thanks for the kind words Milan!

Message 19/38             03-Oct-02  @  08:51 PM   -   RE: bass

psylichon

I too enjoyed your website, meriphew. Really high quality stuff. MP3's streamed like a dream. That intro made me laugh. Should it? :}

psylichon

Message 20/38             03-Oct-02  @  10:26 PM   -   RE: bass

xoxos

i can't be bothered to make a page for all my crap, especially since no one but milan likes it *snif*

in case i haven't said it lots, the commercial v. of synthedit will allow for the gate>osc sync conneciton necessary to get the uniform attack.. paid tonight, so i'll prolly have that together fairly soon.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 38 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)