aaa OT: Which car would YOU pick? - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 06-Oct-02  @  12:58 AM   -   OT: Which car would YOU pick?

d'n'b_head

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Which one would you take having the choice? A 1999 Cougar or a 2001 Grand-Am?? Overall for comfort, reliability, looks, and extras?? Thanks, Brett

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/28             07-Oct-02  @  03:10 AM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

Def Z

In my line of work, I see all sorts of cars. VW's have some build quality issues. I would tend to stay away from GM cars, and Ford hasn't been too good lately. When did those Cougars come out? If you are looking at a first model year, I'd stay the heck away from it. It usually takes 3-4 years for the manufacturors to iron out all the problems.

What kind of money are you trying to spend? Certainly there are better options out there. Better gas mileage, etc. American cars tend to be big engined gas guzzlers. A nice turbo 4 gets better gas mileage, in general.

Message 12/28             07-Oct-02  @  11:26 AM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

Zazza

911 Turbo

Message 13/28             07-Oct-02  @  02:46 PM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

99devils

Link?: Link

Those Cougars have the most uncomfortable seats on earth. My mother has one, my brother had one. They've been pretty reliable so far.

-Craig

Message 14/28             07-Oct-02  @  06:10 PM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

Zazza

420 bhp

Message 15/28             07-Oct-02  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

d

q. what's the difference between porcupines
and porsches?

a. with porsches, the prick's are inside.

Message 16/28             07-Oct-02  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

99devils

I just saw a new turbo the other day. It's the strangest thing, this.. My father's been taking me to the eye doctor every week for six weeks or so now. Every week, we see some other rare or very expensive sports car. We've seen a Ferrari 348, a Testarossa, the 911 Turbo, a brand new M3, and a brand new 500SL over the last 5 weeks. Usually I wouldn't see that much automotive coolness in my town for a year.. Except for Vipers. For some reason, we've got like 8 of them around..

-Craig

Message 17/28             07-Oct-02  @  09:01 PM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

Zazza

top speed 192 mph

Message 18/28             08-Oct-02  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

milan

oh shut up.

Message 19/28             08-Oct-02  @  03:14 AM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

Def Z

Actually, I'm lusting after the Porsche GT2. But, like you all, I don't have 1/4 million dollars in the bank to buy a car.

Okay - so I'm reading Road & Track today, and they have an article on the new Mercedes SL55 - the AMG version. It's $125k. I'm thinking, if I had $125k to spend on a car, the last thing I would buy is a Mercedes. I'd opt for either a Porsche, or a Ferrari. What say you?

Message 20/28             08-Oct-02  @  05:19 AM   -   RE: OT: Which car would YOU pick?

psylichon

I can't believe you guys are so into cars. Where the hell are you going? Buy some damn gear and stay at home!

I drive a Ford POS and I'll probably buy another POS after this one. I'll spring on the stereo.

psylichon

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)