aaa actually, now that you mention it - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: actually, now that you mention it

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 11-Oct-02  @  06:14 PM   -   actually, now that you mention it

errata

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I've decided it's the Waldorf to blame... here's the scenario. Sometimes at random, my waldorf uQ resets it's instruments to a001 when I hit stop or go into the menu on my RM1X. It's never done this at a show ('cause I don't hit "stop" when live). But since I'm unaware of the reason for the problem, I'm scared to death every time I trigger a Waldorf voice.

I use other gear and the program change doesn't happen on ANYTHING else. And the Waldorf is set to not receive program changes. So why is it? and what can I do about it?

Any suggestions?

e

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/22             15-Oct-02  @  07:07 PM   -   RE: actually, now that you mention it

errata

well... it does help in that It's an RM1X prob not a waldorf prob. Except that I told the waldorf not to except program changes and that's what I would call this. hmmmmmm

Thanks guys I now have enough info to dive in and break it proper!  

e

Message 12/22             16-Oct-02  @  12:04 AM   -   RE: actually, now that you mention it

milan

Link?: Link

cc 123? is that all notes off i think?

Message 13/22             16-Oct-02  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: actually, now that you mention it

psylichon

it is indeed.

found this:

http://www.markarber.freeserve.co.uk/os.htm

quote: The only difference in the latest ROM that I am aware of is that a reset command is not sent from the midi out when the stop or rewind buttons are pressed on the RM. This is helpful if you are using external midi gear but can also be avoided by having the voice of the channel the outboard gear is on set to anything except "phrase". unquote

does this help at all?

psylichon

Message 14/22             16-Oct-02  @  01:29 AM   -   RE: actually, now that you mention it

errata

yep, found the same thing at a yahoogroups list. OK so it;s the RM1X. But I have the Waldorf set to NOT receive program changes, so this shouldn't be happening.

Many RM1x users say, turning off the program change function on your synth will negate the effect of this "glitch"... so i'm back to blaming the uQ for not listening to me.

e

Message 15/22             16-Oct-02  @  02:53 AM   -   RE: actually, now that you mention it

psylichon

but it's not program changes, it's all notes off, no? There probably isn't an option to turn that off in the q (i've never seen a synth where you can disable that, not even the mighty K2500)

psylichon

Message 16/22             16-Oct-02  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: actually, now that you mention it

errata

Back where I started then. All notes OFF shouldn't reset the patch to a001. Damned Germans.

e

Message 17/22             17-Oct-02  @  02:33 AM   -   RE: actually, now that you mention it

Pongoid

I've actually seen a couple of machines doing shit like that. The Sirius does it as well, but also destroys ALL of your edits. SUCKS. I'm not sure whow this works or why it might, it it's feeling more and more like some of these pieces perform something like a recall function when recieving all-notes-off twice in a row. I've noticed it happening in both Logic, and even just hitting stop twice on the 909 in certain modes. I'm still in the process of sussing that one out, but I know what you cats are going through, and it indeed does suck the sweat off of hard working donkey balls when it happens. Good luck.

Ape

Message 18/22             03-Nov-02  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: actually, now that you mention it

djjessex

sorry guys, but i find this amusing. eratta is my studio buddy and hes been searching the sulution to this prob for soooooo loooong. just hit the gear real hard dude!

Message 19/22             03-Nov-02  @  10:34 PM   -   RE: actually, now that you mention it

influx

how bout instead of looking for "all notes off" you look for "reset on stop"?

two different events?

Message 20/22             03-Nov-02  @  10:58 PM   -   RE: actually, now that you mention it

psylichon

i may be wrong here, but I think when you tell a synth to 'reset on stop,' that means it will send out an 'all notes off' along with 0-values for all controllers when you hit stop. anyone?

psylichon

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)