aaa an announcement - read - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: an announcement - read

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

Original Message                 Date: 04-Nov-02  @  11:09 PM   -   an announcement - read

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

can we please stop responding to the baiting of trolls like GT & loopy - it's (as they want) creating negative energy on the site.

if you ignore them they'll go away - they just are a couple of young guys getting a kick out of taking the piss and watching the reaction.

ignore please.

if a decent conversation entails over various issues of this nature then fine... but dont respond to 'troll inserts' or troll started threads.

let's all chill and make some good vibes i suggest.

Every little helps, as ASDA would say, and this trolling and the vibe it's making is really wearing on me, I dunno about you.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/83             05-Nov-02  @  02:39 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

Def Z

Link?:  No link

and you kinda have this "I know better than you guys" thing goin on...as if youve got it figgered out and the rest are idiots

This pretty much describes most posts here...

Message 12/83             05-Nov-02  @  03:23 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

influx

Link?: Link

I dunno...I dont agree. Usually when I read what someone has typed I can see the "this is my take...nothing more nothing less"

but some people come off differently. shit. Im probably one of em!

Message 13/83             05-Nov-02  @  03:41 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

pict

Influx trolling is when you drag a single baited line from a boat,trawling is when you drag nets.

Message 14/83             05-Nov-02  @  03:51 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

Defector Z

I thought trolling was putting on some beer goggles and bangin' the fattest chick you could find...

oh, nevermind.

Message 15/83             05-Nov-02  @  04:01 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

k

Link?:  Link

look, to me GT and loopy are sort of doing the equivilent of for example, taking the piss and generaly dismissing the haulocast to some jewish people.

i dont think that's very tasteful and goes beyond 'reasonable', especialy as it is only being done to deliberately fuck with people. It's already been pointed out to GT that peoples family & kids are affected by these issues, and that makes it DELIBERATELY distasteful.

For example would these two say to jewish people similar things? - "fuck your whining about some incident in the past, and btw, you just hate everyone" - etc etc ?? - would they?.. would they go and preach their belief as spoken here in a public place?...

i doubt it.

it's pathetic. That's not a discussion, I'm sorry.. to 'disagree' is one thing, that's debate, that's a discussion, fine... the rest isn't.

Do you disagree with that? - I'm not saying censorship _i'm saying it'd be nice not to respond to deliberatly inflamatory posts that's all.

Better still GT grows up and stops posting them. I mean the internet is like cars, people get in them and behave differently to they would in real life.

But lets magine the scene: In a bar, GT is holding forth tro everyone about jewish/black (you choose) people whining about the holocaust and getting upset about it and being filled with hate and whatnot.

Someone says to him... FUCK YOU, half my family is Jewish/black you're talking shite! - someone else says "Hey fuck you man, my wife was attacked over this shit recently" - and the first person sits down and is quiet... after a while GT turns to the group and says "Guess he pussied out then!" (ha ha so funny)

yeah... really tasteful I'd say.

is it asking too much for more taste?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 16/83             05-Nov-02  @  07:14 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

GT

k, your comparison’s a bit off but...

if you think for that one minute that my opinions are intentionally directed at your or anyone else’s personal/financial situation, it just isn't so. i'm just as financially strapped as the next guy, but it's my own fault in my case.

i speak my mind by just as i would in person...if some cat gets frustrated and steps to me cos he doesn't like what i'm saying...who dares wins.

i don't get personal and i DON'T threaten people i don't even no what they are capable of, take note.

all i'm saying is the it seems you have a real slant on balance here. you jack with people... replying with flames (and encourage other to flame) to their posts and then get upset when they flame you or others in return.

don't ya think it works both ways? Ying and Yang man, no? you've been on the streets, you know.

i don't recall being anymore rude or immature than the next guy...so your message is a bit unclear, but if you're going to moderate, won't you put both sides in check?

if you don't want opposing view points, just say the word k...but i thought it was about teaching each other about personal experiences, which formulate new opinions and perspectives, empathetic or sympathetic.

thanks for your time

DT'er since apprx '96

Message 17/83             05-Nov-02  @  08:41 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

psylichon

my slant...

while I don't agree with nearly any of GT's viewpoints, I would hardly classify him as a 'troll' or even a 'punter.' Sure his posts may knowingly instigate response, but I aim for that in all my posts, too! He's just a little less subtle about it... and his views are different than most on here. Doesn't make him wrong.

i'm not sure why this is such a personal issue for you k, but i think if you look at everything in perspective, this shit doesn't really matter. You run a forum board... you should know that if you don't like what's said, don't read the thread and don't respond! It's not like this guy's outside your front door shouting obscenities. It's the internet, just log off and smoke a spliff if it gets too much for you!

Nothing but respect for you and your site, but don't let little things like this bother you. There's lots of people out there, and we don't want to send them away because they communicate a bit differently than us, do we?

It IS the lounge, after all!!!!

psylichon

we're just typing out words here, people

Message 18/83             05-Nov-02  @  11:59 AM     Edit: 06-Nov-02  |  10:56 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

xoxos

yes psylichon but it IS k's front door, isn't it? conflict isn't pleasant, even legit conflict. k's asked him to shut up about it for a bit of a rest, that's all! let's have a break, make tea. it's fucking wearing, so can we have a rest on it for a while w/o you saying 'oh dickhead's got a legit write to put his program caca all over'

read next message for dipshit acting as if i must be k's dog.

Message 19/83             05-Nov-02  @  12:05 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

GT

he didn't ask me, he asked EVERYONE...you feel special?

....and what you just said perpetrates the negative, good job

Message 20/83             05-Nov-02  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

milan

you know, k could easily ban all o/t debates easily if he wanted to, like all the other audio forums out there... not like i´d miss them either.

think about it.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

There are 83 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)