aaa What Synth for Jungle? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: What Synth for Jungle?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 15-Nov-02  @  12:18 AM   -   What Synth for Jungle?

citizen_s

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

ok. i need some suggestions for a synth with dark, rich (but not cheezE) analog/va analog basslines. i only want it for bass. thats it. price is a consideration but i will find a way to get money if need be.. *evil laugh*

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/49             15-Nov-02  @  02:11 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

99devils

Link?: Link

Seriously, don't take offense. It's just that, well... He's right. It all comes down to perdonal preference, and that's, well, personal  

-Craig

Message 12/49             15-Nov-02  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

citizen_s

oh im not taking offense at all. im just trying to stress what im looking for here. i dont have a mountain of money to play with so if at all possible i would like to get some serious opinions on a serious matter.

i know its a personal preference and i guess im not doing a good job at explaining what im shooting for. but to even just generalize a synth that MAY be what im looking for would help. im sorry if you guys read this all the time im not trying to annoy you although i probably am by now. im new at this and call me crazy but i wanna RESEARCH my possibilities first. i thought this would be a good way. maybe i was wrong.

Message 13/49             15-Nov-02  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

Maarten

First things that come to mind : Access Virus A / B / C, Studio Electronics ATC, Waldorf Pulse maybe, hell if you tweak the right way the Yamaha DX-200 fm box can go really dark & aggressive. What's your budget?

Message 14/49             15-Nov-02  @  03:37 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

99devils

Any virtual analog or real analog will do that for you. Which one of them you like is going to be up to you. Do you have a shop close to you where you can try them out?

-Craig

Message 15/49             15-Nov-02  @  03:38 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

citizen_s

ive been saving so money isnt really my BIGGEST concern. my biggest concern is spending my cash and not getting what i want. ive been hearing great things about the Q. honestly i was gonna go with a pulse cuz its analog but im not so sure its gonna be able to do what i want. plus rack mounts scare me.

Message 16/49             15-Nov-02  @  03:55 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

milan

well look... if you say you know all this about synths why are you asking such a question then? anyway, all of this should do what you want if you rub it the right way... but also you shouldnt forget that samplers or fx and other processes can influence the sound in a way that programming cannot etc... for exaple check what JX3PO did with a microQ and a sampler in the music forum.

when i had the dilema you have now (dark dnb basslines) i ended up buying a sherman filterbank which will make _any_ synth sound rather evil. i know it aint cheap but a second hand filterbank should be within your budget if you were planning on getting a synth anyway. if you want i could post a few mp3 examples so you can see if its something like you want.

Message 17/49             15-Nov-02  @  04:21 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

citizen_s

lol where did i say i was the all knowing wizard of synths? i didnt. i said im new to this but im not completely clueless. god for being able to render complex machines you have a real problem with reading comprehension.

ANYWAYZ! yeah if you could link some sounds of things youve done that would be great.   any help is much appriciated.

and unfortunately i do not have a store close by.. thats the main reason ive decided to jump on message boards.

Message 18/49             15-Nov-02  @  05:34 PM     Edit: 15-Nov-02  |  05:38 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

milan

File?:  File

FilterbankBass.mp3

ok... here you go. i cut and pasted few bits i found on my hd. they are by no means produced pieces of music, but youŽll get a general idea what FB sounds like. there are few filter sweeps plus one smooth deep bass towards the end. it can do a whole lot more, of course, but this will give you a general idea and you can see if this is what youŽre looking for.

and dont say iŽm not nice to you!

oh btw, forgot to mention: the sounds come from my oberheim matrix which is really not a nasty sounding synth, but you see what happens when you mangle it  

Message 19/49             15-Nov-02  @  06:37 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

99devils

I say again. Any VA or analog synth can do that sound decently. Pulse, Q, Virus, Nord, JP-8000, Nova, Kstation, etc etc etc etc etc....

q - which snyth for...

a - All of them. pick one

Message 20/49             15-Nov-02  @  06:50 PM     Edit: 15-Nov-02  |  06:51 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

Steve Roughley

Citizen_S, have you checked out my response to your Jungle Kick post in the Drums forum?

Here

Regards.

Steve.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 49 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)