aaa bedroom monitors - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: bedroom monitors

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 28-Nov-02  @  01:01 AM   -   bedroom monitors

Stuff

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I'm very close to buy some studio monitors (tired of mixing with the headphones :-). Is the YAMAHA MSP5 a good choice?? (caus' they are pretty cheap.. aren't they?) Or have you dancetech users find any another studio monitors (not in the GENELEC 1030 price-class) that kicks more ass than YAMAHA's MSP5??

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/27             03-Dec-02  @  09:27 PM   -   RE: bedroom monitors

influx

your opinion is wrong too

Message 12/27             03-Dec-02  @  11:54 PM   -   RE: bedroom monitors

errata

Link?:  No link

I like the events. I use PS6's and I love them. Great reproduction. I know nothing about the KRK's but it sounds like 29 Helens agree... (which doesn't make them right, hehehe).

MS10's do suck. But up until a few years ago they were the standard. Everyone had them so the thinking was that if you mix to them you'll be in the norm....

e

Message 13/27             04-Dec-02  @  10:55 AM   -   RE: bedroom monitors

milan

Link?: Link

they are still standard, but iŽd never pick them as my only pair. only together with something louder and more brutal sounding.

Message 14/27             05-Dec-02  @  08:17 PM   -   RE: bedroom monitors

Fusion

Ive got a pair of behringer truths, really loooowwww and tight, nice overall sound - love em.

Fusion  

Message 15/27             07-Dec-02  @  04:41 AM   -   RE: bedroom monitors

hakerman

You could always look at the yorkville ysm-1's

they're cheap, but sound good to my ears

-Tom

Message 16/27             11-Dec-02  @  12:29 AM   -   RE: bedroom monitors

Stuff

Since the last time I wrote here, I've been testing a nice pair of fresh Behringer Truth's and a pair of Yamaha Msp5 (wich has been "on the road" for a while). Nice overall sound in both of them, but the Truths is bigger - so the bass response is better in them.
But I like the midrange more in Msp5, don't know why exactly.. When i played the Truths I raised the mid-eq all the time, to get the sound I was "looking for".. and i know it's bad to mess with the eq when testing speakers. Because they are not providing the "true" sound if I'm changing the eq-values.
And I also think the "stereopicture" (I don't know if thats the right word in english) was better in Msp5... hmm.

The shop I visited has the same price for yamaha msp5 and behringer truth. But maybe you get more power for the money if you buy Behringer Truth: 150/75 W (behringer) against 40/27 W (msp5)..
It is said that Behringer Truth is a light copy of the Mackie hr824.. so it would be intresting if the mackies has better mid-range and "stereo picture" for my taste.. But surley they are too expensive for me.

Well, I'm far from finished testing studiomonitors. Must be sure that I really buy the right ones.

Next mission is to test the Alesis m1 Actives (when Im able to catch up with two of them). I've read that they are very good for their price. And they are in the same priceclass as Yamaha Msp5 and Behringer Truth.

Message 17/27             11-Dec-02  @  10:48 PM   -   RE: bedroom monitors

Def Z

Link?:  No link

The HR624's are a nice compromise, compared to the HR824's. Check 'em out. And it wouldn't be the first time Behringer was accused of copying Mackie products...

Message 18/27             11-Dec-02  @  11:22 PM   -   RE: bedroom monitors

influx

and just totally ignore the V6s they suck anyway.

Message 19/27             18-Dec-02  @  06:40 PM   -   RE: bedroom monitors

knowa

really? I heard they were pretty good.

Message 20/27             18-Dec-02  @  06:50 PM   -   RE: bedroom monitors

psylichon

hehehehe, someone's not reading carefully!

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)