aaa MicroQ Lite???? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: MicroQ Lite????

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 03-Dec-02  @  05:30 PM   -   MicroQ Lite????

DjMik

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I've been updating my studio again and I'm thinking of getting a virtual analog synth.. Thomann has a great deal of MicroQ Lite. I know it's like MicroQ with less voices. But they say it includes some kind of update coupon to MicroQ? Now I guess I can't just stick the coupon inside MicroQ and have it updated, right?   Would I have to send it somewhere to be updated? Does somebody know how this works..?

I just ordered 80GB Maxtor HD with 8MB buffer..should be good for audio recording. Also I'll update my Win2000 to XP. The rest of my 'operation update' will include mostly cables..  

Anyway..about the MicroQ Lite..??

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/26             04-Dec-02  @  11:02 AM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

milan

Link?: Link

this strategy weird, but still, microQ is nothing short of amazing for the money. if you want to pay not even that small pice for it then no wonder you are gonna get screwed. i mean, thereīs nothing even similar to it in its price range, is there? think about how much a virus-b rack would cost you, and i dont think it offers more for the money...

Message 12/26             05-Dec-02  @  10:57 AM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

k

Link?:  No link

http://www.thomann.de/partner_redirect.html?partner_id=69182&page=iw_sb.html%3fiwid%3d2%26art%3d149695

they are doing a micro-q bundle deal for 555 euro's right now

Message 13/26             06-Dec-02  @  11:52 AM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

DjMik

Yep..it's 577e for us here in Finland. I have the money but I have to think about it.. It's not much but still a tough decision to make.

Message 14/26             06-Dec-02  @  12:13 PM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

Maarten

Nah, shouldn't be a tough decision. Buddy of mine has the MicroQ and boy does it sound yummy- more than it's moneys worth.

Message 15/26             06-Dec-02  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

milan

yeah really. it will fulfill all your trance leads, oops meant to say needs, plus tons more. it has an almost unlimited potential. see stefanīs website for more more proof  

Message 16/26             06-Dec-02  @  12:48 PM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

DjMik

I haven't tried it.. I've only read lots of good reviews. But I think it would be good addition to my synth setup since I don't really have any VA synths.. Well, I have the real analog Roland JX-10 and Korg Z1, which is not really VA but a physical modeling synth. But another thing I'm missing is hardware sequencer. I've tried RM1X and I love it as a sequencer. The sounds are nice but I wouldn't use em much. Anyway, if I got one, I would be able to play live. I just have the feeling that Thomann MicroQ deal can't be beat and it won't be avalilable for long.

Message 17/26             06-Dec-02  @  12:54 PM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

DjMik

Didn't see your post before I replied milan..   Well..why not!! I'll think about it over the weekend and if I still feel I want one I'll get it.  

Message 18/26             08-Dec-02  @  03:55 AM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

Pongoid

Errata, maybe you'd play cuz you haven't had that many gigs. However when you've done hundreds of them, and you've been jerked around enough by people not paying you what they should and agrred to in the beginning, and you've made your budget (like eating and surviving type stuff) based on that, say that to me then. Waldorf still gives you AWESOME bang for the buck. It saddens me that other synth manufacturers don't learn more from these guys interms of quality and features. I'd LIKE to see more killer stuff from other manufacturers, but there just ain't that much exciting out there.

Ape

Actually, a couple of local legends/sicko mad scientists are cooking up AMAZING little boxes, for those in the know....the Evolver and the AdrenaLinn, and they are not particularly expensive for what they can do and the quality they deliver, either. Seek and ye shall find.....

Message 19/26             09-Dec-02  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

errata

Agreed pongoid, I do have the luxury of remaining altruistic... and if it was my sole source of income I WOULD have a different attitude.

Waldorf DOES provide a deep synth in the micro q for a cheap price. It's the "notion" that they could include more at no cost that bothers me.

My Evolver is on the way! Back orders and all, but I WILL have one soon...

e

Message 20/26             10-Dec-02  @  05:26 PM   -   RE: MicroQ Lite????

Kazhul

Evolver ? AdrenaLinn ?
hu, gotta ckeck them out ! If they sound as great as Waldorf products... :-)

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)