aaa responsibility - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: responsibility

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 23-Feb-03  @  06:30 PM   -   responsibility

cheddar

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

So the largest global rallies in our history are doing nothing to affect events, what's left, and would it be called terrorism?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/42             24-Feb-03  @  08:11 PM     Edit: 24-Feb-03  |  08:12 PM   -   RE: responsibility

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

If anyone really wanted to change anything, then why don't they try and get into power??? Climbing the Political ladder is going to be more effective than blowing stuff up, whinging and letting captive animals out. Isn't it?!?

The point being that we (the population) can't bitch about the leaders and how things are run, because we can't be arsed to do it! Can we?!? This poses the question: If someone who had the ideals that we all preach and protest for did finally get off their arses and climb the ladder, would they get anywhere anyway? No! Because we would be too scared to vote them in as our leader.

We are humans   We are the creaters of comedy    

Steve.

Message 12/42             24-Feb-03  @  08:30 PM   -   RE: responsibility

psylichon

Link?: Link

It's not so simple, Steve, with a two-party system. Case in point ----> Ralph Nader.

We will never have a society where the philosophers rule because great thinkers don't fall into party lines.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

psy

Message 13/42             24-Feb-03  @  09:10 PM   -   RE: responsibility

Steve Roughley

Well... I don't know much about Nader accept that he made consumer corporations responsible for their products. But what you're saying was kinda my point Psy. If anyone Philosophical did ever try to run for leadership, they wouldn't get anywhere because 1) philosophically minded people would be mentally numbed by the people that they would have to face in any political system, and 2) the greater population wouldn't vote them in anyway.

At the end of the day, any system that we come up with will be a human system. There's nowt we can do about that.

Steve.

Message 14/42             24-Feb-03  @  09:34 PM   -   RE: responsibility

BJT

Where would you get the money to run for a US senate?

Message 15/42             24-Feb-03  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: responsibility

Steve Roughley

Oil and Tobacco companies, it would seem, jump on any possible candidate and offer stupid money (llok at the list of sponsors for each Presidential candidate). I bet these companies own half of US congress. Hence the War on Oil... cough cough... sorry... Terrorism.  

Steve.

Message 16/42             25-Feb-03  @  03:15 AM   -   RE: responsibility

influx

two party system. uncrackable. heart of the problem

although Ive long thought that to get that far..to the upper echelons of leadership...requires many, many "favors"

and when you DO get there, those favors need to be payed back, so youre instantly in someone (or many someones) pocket.

you know...it really is futile. or at least it seems that way

the "progress" that has been made in governmental balances...seem mostly just concessions to ease the gnashing teeth of the radicals

Message 17/42             25-Feb-03  @  05:22 AM   -   RE: responsibility

man called clay

govern thine own self as best possible.
everything begins with the microcosm.

Message 18/42             25-Feb-03  @  05:59 AM   -   RE: responsibility

influx

sorry man but thats bullshit.

I try hard, every day, to do whats "right" (it aint that hard to tell)

and I get stepped on fairly regularly, and everyone around me is just goin in full "I gots ta get mines" mode

and the people in power? shit. do this do that dont do this dont do that...

its gettin worse and worse

montana here I come

Message 19/42             25-Feb-03  @  06:56 AM   -   RE: responsibility

psylichon

Link?: Link

but that's his point, influx. If the world was made of people like you [stifling a giggle], then things would be cooler, no?

the part reflects the whole reflects the part reflects the whole reflects the....

Message 20/42             25-Feb-03  @  08:32 AM   -   RE: responsibility

influx

ha. people like me.

so then the point is dont care.

ok. I dont care anymore

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 42 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)