aaa Project 5 - it's arrived !! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Project 5 - it's arrived !!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  01:37 PM   -   Project 5 - it's arrived !!

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  [image]

[image file]

it's here - nice box anyways   - hmmm!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/29             23-Apr-03  @  03:34 PM   -   RE: Project 5 - it's arrived !!

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

downsides - the sampler does not allow audio browsing of samples prior to loading - that needs adding or it's pretty much useless if you have a decent sample library.

asio drivers fail miserably in SONAR 2.2 running rewire - even with HUGE buffers it wont even start without 'AUDIO STOPPED' happening immeadiatly you hit play!

WDM works fine with BIG loadings - so....

what does this mean about sonar's asio & rewire?? - I dunno - Sonar works fine WITHOUT Project5 with ASIO drivers, but WITH asio drivers it's a complete non-starter on my machine

Message 12/29             23-Apr-03  @  03:57 PM   -   RE: Project 5 - it's arrived !!

Cakewalk

Link?: Link

Robotic: Try changiong the shuffle amount both in SYNCHRON and the mains. You can also patch the Quantize MIDI FX plug-in

Glitching: in SONAR will still happen. That has to do with SONAR's engine. You will not experience the glitching running p5 as a stand alone ap

Problems with ASIO: Tell me what audio card you are running (Hoontech?) and I'll report the issue.

Message 13/29             23-Apr-03  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: Project 5 - it's arrived !!

k

yup - HOONTECH - ONLy one of the biggest selling cards on the planet - I was slightly concerned to see that on the registration form at the cake site, where you are asked in the survey to select your audio card, almost ALL the cards listed are from USA manufacturers... DAL? - TB? - I never met anyone using DAL OR TURTLE-BITCH since the early/mid 90's!!

so Mr Cakewalk - are you saying that SONAR will NEVER be able to work without audio glitching while editing? - it's impossible to fix due to the engine design?

Message 14/29             23-Apr-03  @  10:36 PM   -   RE: Project 5 - it's arrived !!

psylichon

"asio drivers fail miserably in SONAR 2.2 running rewire ... "

They work great for me. More stable than WDM and rewire with my DSP Factory. Unfortunately, if I use more than one output on the DSPF (via more than one virtual main), I get sync issues (see my driver help thread). And now my WDM drivers will not play correctly AT ALL since i moved to ASIO.

ARGH!

psy

Message 15/29             23-Apr-03  @  10:52 PM   -   RE: Project 5 - it's arrived !!

k

lol! - well it's rock with WDM for me - low latency is great - really playable from a keyboard etc.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 16/29             23-Apr-03  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: Project 5 - it's arrived !!

k

btw - I opened and used FM7 fine in Project_5 - nice!

Message 17/29             24-Apr-03  @  03:50 PM   -   RE: Project 5 - it's arrived !!

Cakewalk

K,

Don't put words in my mouth.   I never said "never" My comments about SONAR are in regards to the currently shipping version.

Re: the older audio cards, you would be surprised how many people don't keep up with the times.

Message 18/29             24-Apr-03  @  10:31 PM   -   RE: Project 5 - it's arrived !!

k

nope - when I say:

"are you saying that SONAR will NEVER be able to work without audio glitching while editing? - it's impossible to fix due to the engine design? "

it ends with a question mark - ergo: it's a question posed.

if they can sort that in an update, great! - I wondered if it had anything to do with the undo history?

Message 19/29             25-Apr-03  @  03:28 PM   -   RE: Project 5 - it's arrived !!

Cakewalk

Undo history? I'm not really sure what it has to do with. I know that part of the core audio engine for SONAR was written before anyone (well anyone here) thought of moving stuff around in realtime.

You've seen we can do it in Project5 so...

Message 20/29             25-Apr-03  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: Project 5 - it's arrived !!

k

yeah well great! - if you can do it in PROJECT5 then please add it to SONAR - sort it out and for me personaly I'd only want a few things changed like:

key commands being flexible

a NOTE-LENGTH select button with 4/8/16/32/64/128 RES'

a 64th button on the piano roll & drum-map edit instead of having to work out the number of ticks based on the resolution for a 64th

a proper arrange-page work grid with snap button select settings and grid resolution settings

AND most important of all, PROPER ACCURATE SNAP FOR CLIP BOUNDARIES - at the moment that is too flakey - better still, as I requested, an option to FIX clips to FULL bar size resolutions

Sure... there's othet things I'd LIKE, but those are things that hinder FAST working badly

I do work like lightening!!... and currently SONAR is too slow for me to flow properly when I'm buzzing on a spurt of creativity with these current innacuracy problems, just little dumb things that stop you from working fast cos you MUST double check and zoom right in etc just to be 100% sure that what you did... you actualy did! - if you get me.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)