aaa the force is strong with this one - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: the force is strong with this one

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17

Original Message                 Date: 06-May-03  @  12:28 AM   -   the force is strong with this one

steve

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

fat kid + star wars = greater than a sum of its parts.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/163             06-May-03  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

influx

Link?: Link

not sure why that might be funny

Message 12/163             06-May-03  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

psylichon

'cause you sounded like Clay there! LOFL! Just laugh at the fat little dude!

Message 13/163             06-May-03  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

influx

why? why laugh at him?

cuz he was intentionally trying to be funny? ok.

too many people seem to have forgotten how deep it cuts when people ridicule you for TRYING

Message 14/163             06-May-03  @  09:55 PM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Mick

Like I said, "Right on Dave."

Message 15/163             07-May-03  @  12:29 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

psylichon

you're taking a stand on THIS one... okay, i feel ya.

But little fat dude still makes me laugh. I don't care WHAT he was trying to do  

psy

Message 16/163             07-May-03  @  12:43 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

influx

you were obviously never fat or had zits or didnt quite fit when you were young

probably a jock boy football player who just meshed right in, eh?

Message 17/163             07-May-03  @  01:57 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

psylichon

ME? LOL, we gotta meet hehehehe

I'm skinny as hell (still 125 lbs to the day), had some horrible acne in my time (2 bouts of acutane finally stopped that) and played golf for the team at my inner-city high school. Now, while being skinny has nowhere near the stigma of being fat in today's society, beLIEVE me, I've had my share of bullying.

I just never let it bother me. To the day. And while most would think that would lead to "postal" thoughts, I've never had anything remotely close to that, ask anyone that knows me.

Granted, most people aren't like this, thus it's considered not "nice" to laugh at fat people. I will grant you that. But it's a lot cooler when the subject of a joke can see and join in on the amusement. Then no one gets hurt.

I just wish people would stop caring so fucking much about what others thought of them. It's a plague to humanity, this vanity... you think any other animals care if their hair is messed up, or if their metabolism is a little slow?

Though the thing here is... dude coulda been skinny as hell and I still would have laughed at him if he put that much energy into his 'fight sequence'. He REALLY cares about what he's doing and THAT'S what's funny cause... well, look at what he's doing  

psy

Message 18/163             07-May-03  @  02:19 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Mick

"you think any other animals care if their hair is messed up, or if their metabolism is a little slow"

Humans are the only species to have usurped natural selection. Some of our species ridicule those whom natural selection would have eradicated under different circumstances. Of course our species has also developed the trait of compassion but unfortunately it isn't a species-wide trait.

Message 19/163             07-May-03  @  02:22 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

influx

Link?:  Link

I dunno man. people get beat down mentally far too often in our world, and personally I think it sucks.

it aint about the fat, it aint about bein geeky..its about acting as tho those are FLAWS instead of just human traits

youre right tho..I honestly wasnt really that serious about it

Message 20/163             07-May-03  @  02:42 AM   -   RE: the force is strong with this one

Mick

"I honestly wasn't really that serious about it"

I guess I gave myself away. I got the living shit beat out of me in grade school on a regular basis but its ridicule that leaves the most lasting impression. As an adolescent things changed drastically. I was on the other side so to speak. Now, as an adult, I like to think I understand both sides to a degree so I hope the kid was in on the joke. For kids like him the best defense is to be in on the joke.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17

There are 163 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)