aaa New bs track - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: New bs track

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 24-Aug-03  @  03:53 AM     Edit: 24-Aug-03  |  03:56 AM   -   New bs track

Broken Silence

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Hey!

Got a new track up- It's called "Forgiven"

Lots of distortion, harder sounds- some strange ones in there too. I think DTers will like  

I HIGHLY encourage you to listen in HiFi if you can- there are so many little nuances that get eaten in the crappy lofi mix (soundclick's encoder blows donkey)

Thanks alot! All comments, criticisms, advice, anything is very welcome.

Andrew

Soundclick Page (DUE TO LACK OF SPACE DAMMIT!)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/23             27-Aug-03  @  10:56 PM   -   RE: New bs track

BluStudio

Link?:  No link

hey man, not had a peek at the track yet but be gentle on that T-Racks matey,

can be like putting a match to a gas can full of jap fireworks if your not bang on it

i said it before on here about that prog (which can be awesome when used with the right ratios/experience) - but it can make mixes sound horrendous on big club systems in my experience, hyping a mix till theres all left of it.......

kinda like , set it till you like the sound on the limit/comps and then pull them right the way back and just lick the mix - then take that mix, the mix posted here, and the original unmastered to a club with a shit-hot sytem if you know anyone/dj's and play the three back to back and you'll see what one bangs the most  

ill try listen tomorrow boss

blu

Message 12/23             28-Aug-03  @  01:20 AM   -   RE: New bs track

j-type

well I listened to it and it didn't sound that bad to me in terms of being limited to death. loaded it into soundforge and I could find no -5dB RMS (this was the downloaded MP3 version, not streamed) and it wasn't brickwall-limited either. it was about -10dB RMS, which is definitely loud, but there was PLENTY of room for further squashing still with something like L2.

about what dB your track should be at... just remember its not the peak levels you should be considering when it comes to loudness, it could peak regularly at 0dB and still sound quiet. I put a chunk of your tune through L2 and set the ceiling to -2dB (so at no point does it peak above -2dB) and of course it sounds even louder... because our ears work on average levels rather than peak. this is the problem with PPM meters - they don't look like how the music sounds. VU meters are better for that.

Oh, and about the tune - not at all into this genre, but it's a quality production and that off-beat lead from 1:09 on is v. neat. the hats are perfectly fine, don't worry about that  

Message 13/23             28-Aug-03  @  02:11 AM   -   RE: New bs track

mcc>

silence?....you doubt the professor's graphs?
mind you there will be punishment for this>

but as for MORE space?...i think dt has made the very reasonable prospect of 200mb for about 50 bones a year. it's a helluva a deal i think. of all the peeps here....i think you, for one, would be eager to contribute...you know...do your part to help maintain this site/institution.
it'd be nice to see your new work here.

Message 14/23             28-Aug-03  @  03:37 PM   -   RE: New bs track

Broken Silence

Clay I think you got the wrong idea- I am not doubting the graphs at all. I physically can't because I have no idea what RMS even is...

And where does it say 200mb for 50 bucks? I would definatley pay that.

Message 15/23             28-Aug-03  @  11:12 PM   -   RE: New bs track

BluStudio

Link?: Link

hey finally listened, first off - nice track (again)

full of the good stuff, always a fan of the bleeps n sweeps in your stuff 

The leads aren't my thing, i thought the sounded kinda retro at bits, but really well put together boss.

I thought the open hats needed compressed, they were a bit to 'tick tick' for me but then u know i like the anjuna high energy squashed style stuff  

I also thought the cymbals thing on the 1234 of the beats needed sorting- i could see what you were goiing for but they didn't fit for me, mebbe a bit loud (?), mebbe drop the volume on them, cut them away and boost the top end so they sparkle thru - they sound a wee bit hairy just now.

anyways, fantastico - i just put a few preferences of what i like but by all means discard where ya like - shes a beaut, well done ( a-fuckin-gain lol)

blu

Message 16/23             29-Aug-03  @  03:26 AM   -   RE: New bs track

mcc>

dt's off-shoot sister-site 7161.com.>
soundclick seems like an okay thing but it ain't home. let's get yer stuff back up here.

Message 17/23             29-Aug-03  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: New bs track

Broken Silence

Oh okay...cool I'll definatley check that out clay.

Blu, thanks again for another listen  

In the newer mix, the cymbols kinda stay in the back a bit more than they do in this one, but I'll definatley take some reconsideration with them. I've also gotten a complaint on the cymbols being too fast, but dunno about rearanging them yet.

I did use a wee bit of compression on the hats- as I've been cutting down on my compression. Since sqashed is "in" I may do some work with that too  

Leads are way german sounding hehe   Pretty different than what is marketing today...

Thanks again!

Andrew

Message 18/23             29-Aug-03  @  10:46 PM   -   RE: New bs track

BluStudio

Link?: Link

hey man,

yeah get those hats fuckin mashed mate  

those cymbals, mebbe they are just needin sorted so they arent banging into each other ya know?

mebbe try fading the smaple so you are still getting the tsh but leaving some space before the next hit so they dont sound so 'fast'

anyways the cymbal/1234 is all the go just now too (although im not a huge fan) - i reckon you can get them sounding just right with a bit of that and the eqin i said before - they just sound a bit big for 1234 ya know, should be a bit more 'ticky' (? )

anyhow, you know what sound you want, not me so ill leave ya to it lol

btw- youve no idea how much im ditchin those clap fills after closer inspection to whats going round- i cnat believe i missed that! cheers lol

blu

Message 19/23             31-Aug-03  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: New bs track

errata

Hey man,

Nice track... I'd lower the volume of the basslinea bit, give the kick some more presence. But I love my kicks HUGE... I like the lead, but I don't like all the reverb on it! shrug... I think the hats are fine, maybe you've already changed it and reposted the track, maybe!

I don't like the little chorusy lead at the breakdown... sorry, maybe if it noodled more, it's just not my bag...

I always dig your epic moments, after the breakdown the wash-y lead is nice... I'm with Psy on the filter dips, they seem to stall the track and not in a good way.

Damn, gets huge at just after 4 minutes, nice mix. I can feel where Psy's coming from on your levels, but it works for me... I think it's tight and in your face, I like that in a trance song.

It is a bit "germanish" isn't it. Good track... you carry the energy off quite well. Each track gets better and better from you.

Now, how about the remix, yo!

e

Message 20/23             06-Sep-03  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: New bs track

Broken Silence

Thanks alot for the kind words and for your listen  

I'm so swamped with just shit right now...I think I owe like 30 people remixes and whatnot.....and all of that and I don't even have my gear hehe (Prolly will get it back shortly, fvcking move)

Anyways, once I get my sheise back, I'll definatley get my arse in gear  

Thanks again,

Andrew

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)