aaa major computer problems :( - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: major computer problems :(

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 01-Oct-03  @  03:42 AM   -   major computer problems :(

Influx

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

so I got all excited and bought a new processor, another 512mb of RAM and a new HD for audio and backup...

mobo is an Epox 8kha+, was running an XP1700+, now its a 2400+

I had flashed the bios with no probs, even run a bunch of shit afterwards to make sure it was all good.

it WAS

so I pop the new processor in, with nothing attached...just the proc, RAM, and vid card.

hit the switch, and poof. turns on for a split second then turns off.

FUCK FUCK FUCK

so...I put the old processor back in...SAME god dammit!

it was working perfectly before all this fucking shit...and now even the old config wont work

cleared CMOS and tried again, still naught

the ONCE, with the old processor, I got it to turn on?

ONCE, out of 15 times. now nothing again.

I can not for the life of me figure this fucking shit out and I am about ready to break something.

argh.

I know no one hear can really help, but Icant call epox or amd til tomorrow and I wanted to whine. fuck

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/33             01-Oct-03  @  08:07 PM   -   RE: major computer problems :(

Influx

Link?: Link

it wasnt fragmented as I defrag about 1ce a week

as for IRQ...Im starting to think that might have been it, with the SCSI card in there and now its just IDE

gotta get some round IDE cables tho, as this looks like SHIT.

oh, and some new fans. quieter. its not bad, but I want near silent if it exists

Message 12/33             01-Oct-03  @  08:12 PM   -   RE: major computer problems :(

Yonce

Link?:  No link

That big of a diff from the 1700 to the 2400 ?? wow I should really bump mine up I'm still running a 1.4 ghz Athalon I've been holding out for the 2800 to drop under 100 bucks but if you got that much more preformance from 1700- 2400 mabey i should just buy a 2400

Message 13/33             01-Oct-03  @  09:40 PM   -   RE: major computer problems :(

psylichon

that's it, now I gotta buy that 2600 and memory. Fuck you very much influx!

Message 14/33             02-Oct-03  @  08:24 AM   -   RE: major computer problems :(

Influx

dunno yonce

as pointed out..it could have been other probs too?

but the only changes I made were:
faster proc
512mb more ram
pulled the SCSI card (was in slot 5)
moved the RME from slot 3 to slot 2.

thats it

Message 15/33             02-Oct-03  @  09:06 AM   -   RE: major computer problems :(

dARKSTATe

Can I laugh now...???

Message 16/33             02-Oct-03  @  10:06 AM   -   RE: major computer problems :(

laughing police

yes

Message 17/33             02-Oct-03  @  11:04 AM   -   RE: major computer problems :(

Steve Roughley

Yonce, I'd defo go for the upgrade to a 2400. I did it a few months ago from a 1.4 Tbird and got an extra six tracks and quite a few effects on a track that would throw up Audio overload messages on a regular basis. And even now, with the extra tracks etc, it is still not in the yellow on the CPU meter in Logic.

Steve.

Message 18/33             02-Oct-03  @  03:27 PM   -   RE: major computer problems :(

Yonce

Sounds like a plan, I already have another 512mb of ram i was waiting to add when I upgraded the cpu. Iv'e been putting it all off since I should really move it all into the rackmount case I bought if I'm gonna open it up anyway might as well do it all at once..... which means I need to reorganise my rack......and put in my rackmount power strip......and remount my midisport....and my usb hub.....and rerun wires and organise the whole friggen office...dammit influx =)

Message 19/33             02-Oct-03  @  03:43 PM   -   RE: major computer problems :(

dARKSTATe

Ok then...

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[sides preparing to rupture]

Message 20/33             02-Oct-03  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: major computer problems :(

Influx

yeah. laugh more. I was fucking in TEARS laughing so hard...

pretty funny shit. Quite relieved that it wasnt some HW problem!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 33 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)