aaa Sonar 3 - arrived! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Sonar 3 - arrived!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 01-Oct-03  @  10:02 PM   -   Sonar 3 - arrived!

Mindspawn

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Just got the new Sonar 3 yesterday... Lots of bits are better, some really nice, and some not quite there. The audio "glitching" when editing tracks in the clips pane is still present, although greatly reduced. We've now got track eqs available on every track with a thumbnail of the eq curves (kind of a paragraphic display). CPU drain actually WENT DOWN by about 2-5% across the board on our tracks done in Sonar 2.2!

The layout actually reminds me a lot of Logic... Still haven't had the time to check out things like making MIDI loops that go a full bar regardless of MIDI data, checking the looping tools and so on, but on a quick overview, lots of nice tweaks and new bits to tinker with... I'll probably have a go at this weekend to see if I can "break" it...=)

Toodles

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/32             03-Oct-03  @  12:44 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 - arrived!

§ï†ÅR

Link?: Link

I installed Sonar3 last night and had some time to play with it. Easy to get right into from Sonar2. Haven't tried many of the new things yet except for some new effects plugins. Can't wait to open up Vsampler. I love the default look and the way muted tracks are a different shade all the way across the trackview, and I like that the track you've selected gives you the mixer in it's own verticle window. The 3 section scrolling in the console was a great idea too. You can see your busses, mains and individual tracks at the same time. Sweet.

Message 12/32             03-Oct-03  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 - arrived!

99devils

Works great for me. As long as it's turned on when I boot the PC I have no problems. Works better than before. Psy - I know we're using pretty much the same machine, so I'll look up my settings and see if that'll help, if you still have the box.

-Craig

Message 13/32             03-Oct-03  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 - arrived!

spectre1

Link?:  No link

Hey Sitar, how are you coming along with the Vsampler. I have heard some horror stories about it having some of the worst challenge/response authorization people have seen.

How's the sample content in your opinion?

I still haven't gotten my shipping confirmation yet  

I want it now, daMn't.

Message 14/32             03-Oct-03  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 - arrived!

§ï†ÅR

haven't touched the Vsampler yet. This weekend I'll be checking it out. To be honest I'm not a exactly mr. sampler.

Message 15/32             07-Oct-03  @  12:07 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 - arrived!

§ï†ÅR

I opened VSampler but that was about it. I was already close to finishing up a track I started a while back and decided not to explore the sampler at this point.

Message 16/32             07-Oct-03  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 - arrived!

k

doh!... still no NFR.... *sniff*

Message 17/32             07-Oct-03  @  09:59 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 - arrived!

§ï†ÅR

scratches head....what is NFR again?

Message 18/32             08-Oct-03  @  12:06 AM   -   RE: Sonar 3 - arrived!

Defector Z

Nice fucking rack.

Message 19/32             08-Oct-03  @  10:06 AM   -   RE: Sonar 3 - arrived!

k

not for retail/resale - it's a review copy

Message 20/32             08-Oct-03  @  02:23 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 - arrived!

§ï†ÅR

They gotta get you one! I loved walking into Sam Ash in NYC, finding a Sonar demo workstation, and seeing on the screen a quote about Sonar from "-dancetech"

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 32 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)