aaa Macs! What are they again?? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

27-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Macs! What are they again??

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 13-Jun-04  @  01:57 AM   -   Macs! What are they again??

Steve Roughley

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Hi all.

God... been ages since I last posted here.

Anyways, working late and one of my workmates showed me this earlier today, and I thought you lot might be interested:

web-link

I'm buying one!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/36             13-Aug-04  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

k

yeah, i was fixing a mac problem the other day, it was an e-mac sorta like an imac - um - dunno it's spec but using reason & logic pro man I was SO furstrated at the time it took just to do simple stuff like scroll up the mixer in logic when dragging a mixer object, or even flipping between logic and reason - i couldnt work like that, i'd smash the thing up - it was very frustrating, but stable as far as i could see although it wasnt being stressed at all.

I just couldnt beleive someone could work like that - no taskbar! - you gotta mouse over the invisble pop-up animated bar, wait for it to appear... scroll to Logic, select... gah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - grrrrrrrrrr

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/36             13-Aug-04  @  06:06 PM     Edit: 13-Aug-04  |  06:09 PM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

SignalRunners - BLU

Link?: Link

heehee , I love that little invisable task bar thing! mine flashes up fast as fuck- mebbe you can change the speed on em

lol, i remember last month when andrew was over and the first time he looked at the mouse-

he was like " are you shitting me son? wheres the other button? "

lol '

Message 13/36             13-Aug-04  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

craig

I've been doing a lot of testing lately on our office Mac and I can't work on it for more than 10 minutes without getting frustrated with it.

It sure looks pretty though.

Message 14/36             13-Aug-04  @  09:38 PM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

k

yeah - i was flabberghasted... you CANT use right mouse for eraser and left for pencil in logic - fuck me!... you gotta change every time you want to erase!!!!!!

ghaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 15/36             14-Aug-04  @  02:57 AM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

psylichon

I can tolerate a fast G5 with OSX using Pro-Tools at work. Anything else or anything less and it's a truly frustratingly slow experience.

Message 16/36             14-Aug-04  @  01:13 PM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

SignalRunners - Andrew

omfgidie4PTonaG5wtfbbq

Message 17/36             14-Aug-04  @  02:58 PM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

SignalRunners - BLU

hahahaha, u know this mang

Message 18/36             14-Aug-04  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

k

dunno about g5's - it was more the way the OS works that frustrated the hsite out of me - i admit, if it wasnt running 2 apps i wouldnt have to flip between them... probably there's a keyboard shortcut anyways which i dont know, but seriously - slow as fuck - a 300 quid home-built pc would annihilate it

Message 19/36             14-Aug-04  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

k

um... except you wouldn't be able to actualy get Logic 6 *sigh*

Message 20/36             14-Aug-04  @  10:32 PM     Edit: 15-Aug-04  |  09:14 PM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

psylichon

apple-tab will switch programs for ya, k. Hmmmm... wonder where they got that
idea from? Or the whole program dock idea? Hmmmm.... I wonder.... 'images/whatever.gif'>

hey what happened to the whatever smiley?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 36 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)