aaa the shine - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: the shine

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 25-Aug-04  @  07:24 AM   -   the shine

welder (aka. ragnarok)

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Cheers folks. Here's something new from me, some moody, melancholic night-music. I've been staying away from the keys for almost 6 months now, but as my life seems to get back to normal, I tend to enjoy making music again. Not a flawless piece, so your comments are very wellcome.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/25             27-Aug-04  @  02:58 PM   -   RE: the shine

* compulsary

Link?: Link

"waiting for the old people to disappear"

don't worry, we're standing by the stairs !

Message 12/25             28-Aug-04  @  09:38 AM   -   RE: the shine

queasy00

hello,

I liked this one. At first the main riff bothered, like it was going too fast or something. Then again, I like how it follows the drums in unison.

I think the main theme was reintroduced too quickly after the breakdown tho. It seems that it's (the riff) siginificant enough that you could departure from it to create a build of tension in the listener... y'nkow something like "oh ya.. here comes that riff again!!! woo!". I don't mean balls-out, just a small touch more pronounced.

shoot I babble  

the distortion tweaking at the end was cool too.

-j

Message 13/25             30-Aug-04  @  07:27 AM   -   RE: the shine

welder (aka. ragnarok)

blu: shit, I'm 28
But thanks for popping in and listening.

queasy: the main riff at the beginning.. well that was a bit overcomplicated. Also, I'm working on a bit different arrangement, and I'll probably add/remove a few sounds here and there.. well, we'll see. thanks everyone for the comments!

Message 14/25             31-Aug-04  @  02:13 PM   -   RE: the shine

* compulsary

very nice. i also really like jupiter landing. mmm...aggro

is there a possibility to get a cd ?

Message 15/25             01-Sep-04  @  07:48 AM   -   RE: the shine

welder (aka. ragnarok)

Sure, just drom me a mail from my user page.

Message 16/25             01-Sep-04  @  05:12 PM   -   RE: the shine

Absorb Fish

heh - about the code of silence - i've just been too lazy to log in lately - I really wish there wasn't that thing where you have to log in to post...

Anyways - I have been listening but haven't been commenting on anyone's stuff - I'll start here. I love the melody here - the glass bell sound I can never get enough of. I Agree that the drums need to evolve during this track - otherwise - it's fine so far.

Message 17/25             01-Sep-04  @  05:12 PM     Edit: 02-Sep-04  |  11:51 PM   -   RE: the shine

Absorb Fish

[Edited Because of Repeat]

Wonder why that happened...

Message 18/25             01-Sep-04  @  05:38 PM   -   RE: the shine

nutoniom

you can check the "remember me on this computer" box and forget about it

Message 19/25             01-Sep-04  @  09:30 PM   -   RE: the shine

k

yeah - it works y'know!

love the panning timed thing - feel like it's gonna be drum&bass when it arrives.... um...

i like the way it's not repetitive, there are touches and it feels more organic always best for ambient... great track man, pro quality easily, i'd be happy if i bought an album and it was on it... fine....

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 20/25             01-Sep-04  @  09:45 PM   -   RE: the shine

k

yeah man.... i aint got time to listen to all you uploaded, but from sampling a few, i'd say you're a 'natural' - it's got an overall very musical quality to it all, hard to explain, perhaps organic is a better word, all the stuff does stuff at timing positions and in a method that feels organic, not overly planned mentaly or something, i dunno - fuckin go for it!.... great stuff man, really - I'd buy it & play it.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)