aaa so - compilations - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: so - compilations

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 31-Mar-05  @  03:34 PM   -   so - compilations

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

ok.... the coding for the sales cart is getting there. The worldpay account is all working on TEST mode ok, and there's just a few more things to do to the cart to get it all ready for switch-on....

so - comps - perhaps you guys would like to put some together?

we'd need to make some sort of on-line contracts which can be d/loaded for the people involved, that's easy enuff.

waddya think? - different genre's - etc - we can promote them via some flash banners on the site frontpage, and the site comes in at listing return number 3 to 5 in google out of 8,000,000,000 pages if you search google for 'dance music' so.... why not!... you never know!

sorry it took so long, but i had the 'disk upgrade' stuff all done 4 or 5 weeks ago then realised after a chat with Worldpay that we'd have to go thru a whole re-application for setting up a second 'sales-page' for the CD's - so i re-coded all the sales section so it can handle multiple inputs for different sales tasks.... but it's almost there now.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/21             04-Apr-05  @  05:56 PM   -   RE: so - compilations

Maarten

Link?: Link

Yeah, the finish-line was in clear sight indeed...

Message 12/21             04-Apr-05  @  06:41 PM   -   RE: so - compilations

k

well i spose mebbe if it had some end result it might be better to go again... as i say, it'll be soon, very soon that the retail bit will be ready.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 13/21             04-Apr-05  @  11:13 PM   -   RE: so - compilations

Absorb Fish

i would kinda want to put something newer on that... the track i had on it is about... 3-4 years old now. WOW has it really been that long.

Message 14/21             12-Apr-05  @  08:17 PM   -   RE: so - compilations

CydoniaCell

well... to be honest... I stopped visiting the planning threads for the comp when it became clear that there were wonderful ideas and people to put them together, but no realistic approach to how it would get funded. I'm not knocking any of the guys who put real time and energy into the effort, they're to be commended, but I just didn't see it getting to the "fruit" stage without a comprehensive and clear money plan! A double CD is expensive, and there were way too many tracks chosen for the $100 each 10 people had said they'd donate, we all know that you're doing well when half the people in a crew follow through with a promise!

Today, most of those tracks are too old for most of the artists to be able to support them.

K... are you talking about a deal on printing and distribution? Cause, well, that would remove the primary stumbling block (as I see it)... there were a lot of smart people who were happy to contribute time, energy and talent... if that's what's needed, then I think it's still very "do-able"

cheers...

e

Message 15/21             12-Apr-05  @  09:00 PM   -   RE: so - compilations

admin

Link?:  No link

dude, relax.... dont think so big, this isnt Warners - it's a cottage industry  

so... you dont have to press in advance, you can burn to order - the master files can be uploaded to our spare servers, we can archive masters for comps and people can upload new versions etc.

couldnt we do it like that mebbe? - I can get a london urban/garage comp together, i was hoping mebbe the SR boys could organise a roster for a 'club-trance' comp, i'll look into some local crusty techno shit, etc... who here does drum&bass & breaks etc?... a house comp or 2 would be good too... Anyone can be on these cd's if youre helping put a comp together & you know someone you want on it who doesnt use the site, it's no big deal.... they just have to add the one track to the site so it can be added into the online mp3 example cd comp which they can stream all at once.

it'd be really cool to do a band comp too for guitar bands.

anyways, start small, mebbe it'll build, who knows, it's no big deal... but i dunno, IF they sold a few at least you can show they sell, mebbe get some cash then to push it further... bit by bit thing

what do you think?

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 16/21             13-Apr-05  @  12:42 AM   -   RE: so - compilations

Influx

at this point if it doesnt cost too much out of my pocket I'll volunteer my tunes for pretty much anything. nothing new though.

not many breaks guys here tho

Message 17/21             13-Apr-05  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: so - compilations

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link

i guess contributions closed years ago? still id be up for hearing it- i'd def buy a copy only if you disaply it in euros though

greg

Message 18/21             13-Apr-05  @  02:37 PM     Edit: 13-Apr-05  |  02:38 PM   -   RE: so - compilations

mczyzynski

CD 1

http://www.7161.com/stream_all_playlist_xx.cfm?job_id=2621

CD 2

http://www.7161.com/stream_all_playlist_xx.cfm?job_id=2622

^^ They are both here, these were the final tracks that were voted for.

G

Message 19/21             13-Apr-05  @  04:22 PM   -   RE: so - compilations

k

well the euro's thing.. yes... we can add EURO'S as an option for another fee with Worldpay, I dunno wether to. Thing is, if we put EURO option, then people will probably just pay in US Dollars anyways as it'd probably be cheaper cos the dollar is so weak right now.

Message 20/21             13-Apr-05  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: so - compilations

CydoniaCell

I'm not tense, hehehe

This sounds far more practical than printing up CD's and trying to sell them after the fact.

You've addressed the concerns I had about the original comp... I'm down.

e

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)