aaa Its been quite a while - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Its been quite a while

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 12-Jun-05  @  05:44 AM   -   Its been quite a while

Influx

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

no one ever accused me of breaking new ground, but I dont think this one sucks

"Hovercraft (mental divergence)"

I had it as a 64k on the internet comp so thats what got uploaded. doesnt sound too bad for that rate.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/22             14-Jun-05  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: Its been quite a while

lucidskies

Link?: Link

thoroghly enjoyable track. Some cool fills thrown in there.
not much else to say but good sh*t man!

Message 12/22             15-Jun-05  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: Its been quite a while

Influx

heh:

"this is a fun track. it seems there is a plethora of mid and high ideas, smart ideas. there is not enough variety in the lower register. i think it's missing a low end melody of some sort. this track needs a low end representative. something that speaks on behalf of the other low end frequencies, which are too few and far between. i like a bassline that has a life of its own. something that drives and moves, independent of the rest of the track. something that coincides nicely, nevertheless. otherwise, it get's a bit tedious.

i think the vocal sample could be introduced into the track a bit more. it kind of seems like it's a background thought. i would bring it out more, and more often (as i already said). also, the vocal kind of seems here and there, without any raison d'etre. frankly, this track doesn't seem finished. more low end layers are needed..."

people say funny shit sometimes.

hey maarten! how's it?

Message 13/22             18-Jun-05  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: Its been quite a while

milan

professional critic in waiting, eh?  

Message 14/22             18-Jun-05  @  06:10 PM   -   RE: Its been quite a while

Influx

no crap, huh? its just funny how some folks come off. there was another cat at the same site a while back...

tis true what they say about critics? those who cant DO...?

I dunno.I always read what people have to say, and I appreciate them taking their time, but when someone comes off like they know what your work should sound like more than you do? thts a bit twitchy

Message 15/22             21-Jun-05  @  12:52 AM   -   RE: Its been quite a while

Absorb Fish

ooh looks like i picked a nice time to drop in on DT again  

wow! AND WE GOT DIFFERNT COLOR fonts now! woo!!!

Nice tunage like the synths in the track very nicely done, Nice to hear you going again.

Message 16/22             27-Jun-05  @  07:56 AM   -   RE: Its been quite a while

groovemonkey

Like it.. Its got da funk!

G

Message 17/22             27-Jun-05  @  08:24 AM   -   RE: Its been quite a while

k

that rocks ass man  - I THINk it needs heavey guitar riff somewhere  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 18/22             30-Jun-05  @  12:21 AM   -   RE: Its been quite a while

Influx

thanks K.

no guitars. not my thing. I dont like mixing peanut butter with my chocolate.

altho...the idea of a "breakpunk" band certainly has occurred to me

Message 19/22             30-Jun-05  @  01:39 PM   -   RE: Its been quite a while

k

it would fit so well tho, with the riff AND the title

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 20/22             30-Jun-05  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: Its been quite a while

milan

remix him, kilo  

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)