aaa mcc> presents sage bomb - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: mcc> presents sage bomb

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 13-Jul-05  @  06:21 AM   -   mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

i met karen and jen at a spiritual retreat out in the mountains last april.
we've become quite close and we're working on a lot of stuff at a steady pace.
these first 2 songs show to what extent we're concerned with the genre-thing.....
which is to say we're not.

karen's been playing flute for a long time and it shows. i think the flute may be the most introspective instrument out there...and in ways the most human. this provides a nice counterpoint to what i do since my sounds can tend to be less than organic so much of the time. it's a lot of fun tossing electronic effects onto her already sublime performances....not to mention slicing-and-dicing them into new and unusual forms.

what is amazing is that jennifer has never been in front of a mic before.
our first track was anywhere everywhere. but it was only when she gave priestess a try that i knew i had something amazing before me.
i've always yearned to work with a great voice who had no idea she could even sing.
no star bs*...no we do things my way....etc.
the newer stuff has her doing some actual singing.....she's been able to handle anything i toss her way.

both girls' attitudes are great when it comes to working and i think it shows in the music.
thanks to all who've been trying to play priestess today/yesterday. it seems we weren't able to download the song since i had one of those pretensious angle-brackets in the name sage bomb.
what's really cool is that you can take the angle brackets like this:
<--sage-bomb--<<<<
and make it look like an arrow.

enjoy & thanks!
you didn't think i'd forget about you.....did you???
dream on.

mcc>

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/51             14-Jul-05  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

milan

Link?: Link

and as a sidenote: i do find it very interesting that someone has put up that kind of music on DT, because you all should hear what passes for local production over there. myself, i have once been part of an effort to do a cover of a philiphino pop tune in a more euro-dance style. and you should have heard THAT! not to mention my involvement with the Serbian turbo-folk movement ;)

there is a whole worldwide culture of underproduced ghetto music done by any means possible, and its NOT hiphop! ever heard spanish gheto techno? brasilian Rio-funk? colombian hardcore garage band?seen a japanese sound module for arab or asian music? its all about New World Disorder innit  

Message 12/51             14-Jul-05  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Sage Bomb

rags...point is you are my friend of friends (and my favorite leo of all time).....
but let me know you for your great music and supportive personality and not for this need to waste your time talking down those who seem to struggle with what THEY believe passes for music.
it's a near impossible task to take out the garbage without you-yourself becoming the garbage-man....so be selective in what garbage one chooses to take out.
always better to deal with one's own.....and let the others' front-yards speak for themselves.
perhaps i too will learn this one day.

i guess another reason for reviewing others' works in the forum is that it stands a greater chance for being seen here.....and becomes much more open to commentary in a way that doesn't permanently taint someone's personal music pages. for instance one doesn't write a review of an art exhibit on the exhibit's walls. nor does one stand up and pass out reviews of a broadway play within the playhouse before or during the play itself. a problem i have is with the format and the fact that one sees that 20% before they see anything else. then you read the review and see rags wrote it and because we love rags and know he knows of what he speaks....we think....hmmmm...i'd better not like this either.
i think it diminishes one's ability to approach the matter objectively without prior interference.

what's happened is that a function has been added to our user main-pages which few people find necessary to use. rags in his never-ending desire to be helpful and supportive has decided to use the function. what could be worse is that a bunch of booty-music types could stream into each other's sites and use these reviews to base defend and deride each other in a way.....that's again best left in our precious forums.

i think OUR music pages should be ours and not for others to come and piss on as if dogs to a fire-hydrant.
i haven't visited my site at soundclick in months but one thing i like there is that you can have a message-board (if you want...it's optional) and yet delete any messages which are too derogatory
for you.
plus the fact that the messages and ratings don't appear at the top of one's page as if a headline of some sort. the bottom of the page would be much better here if it's decided to keep the function.

i appreciate everyone's willingness to discuss this matter as i believe, if we are one day to be paying for our pages and subsequent file-space...we should have some say as to what shape and form those pages actually take.

thanks to the team for keeping-on and the homies for hanging-in.

and rags.....ya know i love you man.

mcc>

Message 13/51             14-Jul-05  @  03:44 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Sage Bomb

and btw.....today is karen's birthday (she's also got cancer rising with an aquarius moon).
if i can find time...i'll encode and upload our latest instrumental
(you have no idea how excited the girls are to have their voices unveiled to the world).

Message 14/51             15-Jul-05  @  07:05 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Digital Millennium Planet Daddies

Hi Clay, and Sage Bomb! As promised here is my review of your new stuff.

Priestess:
Very post-punk/industrial, but very primal at the same time. Very hip. Dig the vocals, but maybe a bit much on the vox FX. Would be nice to hear what she is saying just a little bit clearer (don't remove them altogether tho, it suppliments what she is doing, but just almost to the point that you notice the effect more than the fact that she is singing). The flute kicking in sounds very wide and lovely on my system. Nice movement after the long sustain. The eventual sexual explosion of Jen says it all. Giving the song meaning, and largely tapping in to the witchcraft mentality that embodies and glorifies womanhood above all else. Nice work.

Anywhere Everywhere:
Again, the vocal FX are nice, but I have no idea what Jen's voice really sounds like. At some points, I can't quite make out what she is saying. But oh well, this is dancetech. How many people here submit tracks with actual vocals? And of those who do, how many do you love regardless of weather you can hear the vocals or not? The flute is, ahem, BADASS (or to insert the latest inside joke among my friends, KICKDICK). Very mesmerizing. You have just the right amount of delay on the flute and don't change a thing there! (as if you would change anything, right?). This is the one track that I think is prime time for streaming across many popular internet radio stations...

Last Question First (Dub):
Okay, you without a doubt have a severe passion for the fluten in your latest works, as you mention in your original post so no wonder. Not a bad thing by any means. Like the high frequency detail hidden throughout the track. Might just be a compression artifact in the beginning, but towards the end definately isn't. You have a very nice dissonances and harmonies in perfect unison in almost all three tracks. Bass hits nice and even also.

Overall, I am impressed with the new stuff. Matter of fact, while writing this review, I was able to pleasantly listen to each song many times. That's saying something. The fidelity in your latest works has improved dramatically. Your mixes are always good, but this time around your music is very transparent and ethereal. On the right path, I must say. Your new group rocks and will produce some great stuff. No brown-nosing here, you truly are one of the most talented members I have heard on this board. Next to psylichon....

j/k. no ranking. just listen.
L8

Message 15/51             15-Jul-05  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Sage Bomb

thanks so much danktle planet daddy.....

i'm honored anytime my name gets to appear next to psy's.

i hope you checked with him first.

i really especially appreciate this willingness on your part to listen and absorb the very CONTENT of what's being offered here....the actual meaning being conveyed and not JUST the ingredients regarding bass levels hats etc.
though showing great appreciation for my technical efforts....you understand they only serve as a vehicle to further a story or a vibe~ or the suggestion of a place we might find ourselves for some brief moments.
my concerns as a producer are to somehow effectively render THAT in a manner which the listener can hear and place himself within.

occasionally there are artifacts or even ghosts which lurk in my stuff.
the strange synth-line which opens last question first takes on a different quality as the song progresses....and whether this is excaggerated as a result of encoding or something i didn't quite fully-notice until i encoded...it's hard to say.
i am trying to be very methodical and yet the work is occurring at a rather steady pace....
so perfection is something i feel hardly compelled to get bogged-down in.
it and i simply have little use for each other.

last question first is proving to be our most controversial song lyrically.
we've had many discussions as to what this one really implies.....and we can feel the presence of a multitude of energies peering in to see what this invites within our consciousness.
we ourselves can't really know where this leads but can only hope that given a choice as to what paths we take...we'll choose the right ones.
unlike certain schools of dogmatic-thought/belief...we feel everyone has their own to follow.

i'm glad you were able to find pleasure in your repeated listens.
i totally thank you for feeling the energy of priestess and not letting certain production-values (or lack of) get in the way of your acceptance.
i'll pass this on to beam*and karena~ and i thank you for them in advance.

mcc>

Message 16/51             16-Jul-05  @  01:20 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

i just wanted everyone to know i'm going to yank star-trail off the chart soon.
download and save if it's something you'd like to hang onto.
i wanted to get your attention with an oldie before i dropped sage bomb here.
i think i got that and don't feel a need now to have yours-truly up there also along with the band he's currently involved in.
i do call us a band because there does exist this notion that we will take it before breathing yearning curious excited and judgmental souls one day.
i'm setting karen up with her own rack of effects and distortion pedals.
jen's will be a little simpler.
my set-up will entail my old g4 running ableton live and at least one keyboard....maybe my cs2x.
that doesn't mean i'll play it though.

Message 17/51             17-Jul-05  @  01:55 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Absorb Fish

hey mr. clay. glad to see you are still around  

I'm taking a listen to your new project sage bomb - very nice stuff.

last question first is very nice. comes off a bit new age-ish but without the... meh of it. Very relaxed.

anywhere everywhere is very laid back too. Very dubbish but with a flute - very creative.
Pretty stuff.

Priestess has this very middle eastern influenced/rock clash typebreaks sound to it. also very original sounding.

All very different but all very good.
I gotta check out more music.

Message 18/51             17-Jul-05  @  04:50 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

aye paully!!! thanks for the props and welcome.
i'm glad you can get with both ends of what sage bomb are about....both the bliss and fire
within our equation.

the next track is called sacred's potluck.
it's quite hard, mysterious.....even haunting....and yet really very sweet.
you won't be disappointed.

rags...thanks for the bug-friend-fried review and rating for anywhere everywhere.

Message 19/51             17-Jul-05  @  07:31 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Rags

mcc> wrote:

rags...thanks for the bug-friend-fried review and rating for anywhere everywhere.

Ahh, fack off man!
These are damn brilliant pieces of music Clay.

Message 20/51             17-Jul-05  @  04:24 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Maarten

Priestess- I like the laid-back drums here... yes, bit more dynamics maybe. Vocals are cool- cept for a few bits where it does my head in a bit (but that might have to do with my lack of sleep last night...or not). Anywhere Everywhere's flutes did more for me....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 51 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)