aaa Scray shit... - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Scray shit...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 12-Aug-05  @  09:56 AM     Edit: 12-Aug-05  |  09:57 AM   -   Where god meets dinosaurs

Zazza

Link?:  Link
File?:  [image]

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/55             16-Aug-05  @  08:28 AM     Edit: 16-Aug-05  |  08:59 AM   -   RE: Scray shit...

Rags

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Influx wrote:

science doesnt prove jack shit. everything is theory.

Ask any decent scientist involved with these kind of researches and they will admit that yes, it is a theory, but really we fucking don't know. Will any priest/rabbi/whatever admit that their version is merely a theory? No, they can't they MUST believe.

So lets say both versions (theological and theoretical) are wrong. Science will sooner or later figure it out. Church will never. What if - at some point in the future - the scientific knowledge about our past will be essential in saving humankind? Do you really think it is good strategy in the long run to teach children that science shall not be trusted?

edited: ok, I've just talked to a catholic priest, and no, they interpret the whole 7-day creation thing symbolicly. So consider the first paragraph invalid.

Message 12/55             16-Aug-05  @  08:33 AM   -   RE: Scray shit...

k

yeah but Influx, people who subscibe to subjective scientific theory dont tend to also beleive those who think differently are 'going to burn in hell'

lol

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 13/55             16-Aug-05  @  08:59 AM     Edit: 16-Aug-05  |  08:59 AM   -   RE: Scray shit...

Influx

all good points.

clay, I wasnt defending religion. dogma angers me no matter where it is coming from

beds...damn good point about being able to admit the possibility that you might be wrong/someone else might be right. My mother is a fairly dogmatic born again, and I get in the most venemous arguments with her for that very reason. for the longest time she thought I was a "cultist" (I had an interest in buddhism at the time) and I would try so hard to the point of angry frustration to just get her to say "well, maybe its possible that things happened somewhat differently than the bible says they did. maybe the bible was an interpretation of events, a metaphorical guidebook from one perspective.

but nope. she wont even consider it.

yes, that frightens me. but her wanting her perspective taught in schools while simultaneously allowing kids to drawn their own damn conclusions doesnt strike me as all that dangerous

Message 14/55             16-Aug-05  @  09:01 AM   -   RE: Scray shit...

Influx

kilo

arent you a muslim? if there was ever a fiery depths of hell religion islam is one of em.

Message 15/55             16-Aug-05  @  01:58 PM   -   RE: Scray shit...

cheddar

Hi Influx

"why is it so scary?" - cos while we can balance science with choice little minds just believe what you tell them. Also it scary cos they prbably make everyone sing communally bfore they get food, brrrrr - thets scary

" agree, religion really should be a private matter, " so why is this shit forced onto unsuspecting kids?, no i think this issue is more scary cos it shows what length political influence will result in. No one has said - "lets just stop all this 'mico fucking evolution' fucking around. Sorry! science's best guess here is that evolution works and just because it runs contrary to your religeouns flavour there is no need for newspeak to mince arund and fuck up childrens heads with basically bullshit. Live with it". Also the fact that there are groups making money out of this is hideous. Just evangelical.... whatever the mid west are bitching about

""have faith" are idiots" - well the ones that stand up outside of their churches and try to force this down anyone elses throat are reprehensible

" teaching different perspectives then, huh?",Its ok if its stats - nice and ballanced and everyone can get what they want, but in reality somee great atronomer is going to end up as an astrologer for the fucked up parents middle of the road attitudes, worse - there will be ambivalent families endiong up getting this crap logic

"allowing kids to drawn their own damn conclusions " hahahahahahaa - see all my points above. Also think about the fashion crimes you committed during your school days - and i bet you though you looked good. hahahaha

The thing that sticks in my craw is that these wasp bastards spend their lives screwing everone (as good capitalists are encouraged to do), get guilty, find god, then spend there time forcing god down others throats. Thats fucking scary

Message 16/55             16-Aug-05  @  03:45 PM   -   RE: Scray shit...

mcc>

Link?:  No link

influx....you just answered one of my long-sought-after questions brother.......and that is to what extent your mother is, was, and always will be a truly iron pan-handling bible thumper...... the kind that makes you fear women and doubt your own ability to sort out your own philosphical and spiritual matters.
she IS the epitome of all that is wrong with religion and those who will foist their ideologies upon young unsuspecting minds.
there is no kindness there....just wrath and vengeance...the kind which burns in a soul which can know no peace except that waged through war.

you are a hero for having ALMOST withstood this abusive onslaught upon your innocent soul.

so now you should understand WHY we don't want this bullshit in our schools.
and why i don't stand for it from anyone...including my customers...whenever they try to rear it's twisted retarded head in front of me.
america's gotten weird dude......and you're shirking your responsibilities as a rational free-thinking individual......and i'm not talking intellectual......but simply a person with a brain......
everytime we back down to this iron cross mentality which aims to take seige of our government (done that) television (done that) and now our schools.

i won't go on forever because this stuff is absolutely basic and elementary to me.
and worth dying for.

but i always smile when facing my enemy......and it's odd how they become such sheep.
it's not a coincident they can only pick on little children or as adults attack in large numbers.
a few attack helicopters paid for with your tax-dollars always come in handy for such purposes.
and on the seventh day we rested......oh i mean he rested.

Message 17/55             16-Aug-05  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: Scray shit...

mcc>

Link?:  No link

as a footnote: on those occasions i was attacked...it was always by 3 or more guys...
forever teaching me about christ's love.

Message 18/55             16-Aug-05  @  08:09 PM   -   RE: Scray shit...

Influx

clay, you never cease to amaze me with your arrogant attitude and willingness to pass judgement on people based on a few sentences. how idiotic can one who claims to be so "universal" be?!?!?

you just personally attacked my fucking MOTHER. what the hell is your problem?

my mother is NOT a bad person, does NOT "thump bibles" and does NOT persecute other people. She has beliefs, and is certain they are right. I question her beliefs all the time and it often results in arguments, but dont you fucking dare try to deduct anything about her as an individual you asshole

how the fuck you decided my mom IS THE EPITOME...man...seriously clay...youre constantly slinging shit at other people. you are one of the most judgemental fucks I have ever run across, and yet you sit there all smug and perfect (you think) in your little world. Isnt your son a gangster or something? and your daughter a druggie? something along those lines? And youre talking shit on MY mom and MY perspective?

fuck you, clay. fuck you good and hard.

and before you come back with some arrogant smug retort, go fucking read what you wrote you asshole.
"there is no kindness there....just wrath and vengeance...the kind which burns in a soul which can know no peace except that waged through war."

you know...people like my mother, who simply want something to believe in, to create order and love out of chaos and hate (like yours) arent the problem. YOU are the problem. My mom goes out of the way to help people all day long and is sweet and genuine to EVERYONE she comes across. At this point, I wouldnt even let her piss on you if you were on fire.

dont email me. dont even bother to respond to this because I wont be reading it. you need some fucking mental adjustment, clay.

Message 19/55             16-Aug-05  @  08:56 PM   -   RE: Scray shit...

cheddar

woah, it look like the gloves are coming off here

anyway Influx - where the abuse at me, mine! I put some quality boot in above and not a word in respnse. Having spent time in Glasgow I know to stay away from critisiing mothers but really - it looks like you have to be got to be a MF before getting any response out of you

Message 20/55             16-Aug-05  @  09:54 PM   -   RE: Scray shit...

k

eeeeeee..... you could see that coming, peoples' mothers is a place you dont go - especialy in public - You fucked up bigtime there Clay

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 55 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)