aaa Americans and Indian Call centres - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Americans and Indian Call centres

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 23-Nov-05  @  02:53 PM   -   Americans and Indian Call centres

Zazza

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27783

For example, the Gate tells of a call from a woman in Texas recently to a bloke in an Indian call centre. She started by saying that thanks to outsourcing: "You are getting money, food, shelter. You should be starving."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/11/17/BUGB3FPGT01.DTL&type=tech

Das, who quit the job after four months, said she learned to dislike Americans. "Rarely, there are people who are good," she said by e-mail, "but then others remind me that all they believe in is cursing, and they don't have respect for others."

On the Philadelphia radio show "Star and Buc Wild," host Troi Terrain phoned an Indian call center pretending to order hair beads for his daughter. The call quickly turned vicious.

"Listen to me, you dirty rat eater," Terrain growled, to muffled laughter in the studio. "I'll come out there and choke the -- out of you. You're a filthy rat eater. I'm calling about my American 6-year-old white girl. How dare you outsource my call?"

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/23             26-Nov-05  @  06:47 PM   -   RE: Americans and Indian Call centres

k

Link?:  Link

what?... well fuck THAT!... I aint predjudiced so they can go and fuck themselves just as much as english twats calling me up to sell me shit... I had some goon on the phone today who i think (cos the accent was so broad) was trying to sell me a mobile phone service.. i could make out the words 'mobile phone' in the pitch anyways

For the phone sellers, I just tell them I'm blind and can't use a mobile phone, but incredibly this gimp upon hearing that STILL went for it just ignoring me totaly!.

The dialog was sortof:

"I'M BLIND!!... I CANT SEE!!... SO I CANT USE A MOBILE PHONE... OK!"

"yes sir... well I'd like to tell you about the great savings you can make if you take a mobile phone package from us...."

"I SAID i'M FUCKING BLIND!... WHAT?... ARE YOU FUCKING DEAF!!... I CAN'T USE A MOBILE PHONE BECAUSE I CANNOT SEE ANYTHING!!!!!"

"Yes sir.... so anyways, our phone packages come with the best deals for...."

yadda yadda yadda

etc etc

The other classic I do (which Zazza has witnessed with the 'Pizza delivery variable') is to pretend they have reached the local curry/pizza house and ask them to place an order... no matter what they say you just keep saying:

"Koh-in-Nur Curry House!"... or "Perfect Pizza".. and keep asking to take their order

lol, that fucks them right up... especialy it works really good if you put on the most outrageous Indian or Italian accent

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/23             26-Nov-05  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: Americans and Indian Call centres

milan

Link?: Link

hahahahah... you're a nutter k

Message 13/23             26-Nov-05  @  07:55 PM   -   RE: Americans and Indian Call centres

k

iheardat, but seriously folks...

"Yes, sure, send me the details & brochures... my name & address?.. sure, it's.... E. Windsor, 1 The Mall, London, SW1A 1AA."

lol... send the junkmail to the queen

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 14/23             26-Nov-05  @  11:51 PM   -   RE: Americans and Indian Call centres

Maarten

http://www.illwillpress.com/tech.html hehe

Message 15/23             06-Dec-05  @  12:15 PM     Edit: 06-Dec-05  |  03:42 PM   -   RE: Americans and Indian Call centres

sitar

lol @ k!

Got a girl on the phone when I called Factset tech support, a proggie we sometimes use at work. knew right off she was Indian. I told her what i'd done so far. she starts asking me questions point by point then asks me if I'd done something i'd just told her i'd done. she answers her own question saying "oh yes you told me you did that already", at which point I realized she wasn't thinking about the problem but rather reading off a checklist. I wondered at that point if she's ever actually used the program herself. After a couple of minutes i said to her you know what, let me ask someone else here at work and if I still can't resolve the issue I'll call back. After trying to blame the problem on another conflicting program she apologized for not being able to help. I managed to stay polite on the phone but what a total waste of time.

Message 16/23             06-Dec-05  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: Americans and Indian Call centres

k

mind you, i can understand the indian call op's better than some of the scots & irish ones  

some of those accents are so broad

Message 17/23             06-Dec-05  @  04:26 PM   -   RE: Americans and Indian Call centres

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link

there's a real bad telecall estate: i think its milton keynes not sure from the accent but i would get wound up just listening to some of these wimmen...

the main difference was the 'u' sound- they would say how can i help yooooooouuuuuuuwwwwww.....and yes it make THAT word last THAT long- it's not brum or black country- dunno what it is but all i could think of saying whilst she was talking was 'why are talking in that silly voice?' - then i rang up again and again on related matters and found they all bloody talked like that!!.....

what with their computer-says-no demeanor ill have to vote that one particular place a nightmare to deal with- oh that and ntl support...

tech: ring this number for your pid
15 minutes
me: hello can i have my pid
phone: no its not something we have, let me transfer you
15 minutes
me: can i have my pid
phone: sorry we dont know who you are- nothing has been set up for you. a sales rep will ring right back
2 hours- no call
10 minutes
me: can i have my pid
phone: yes of course greg....

WHAT!?!?!?!?!? i wiated for two hours just cos the bird on the end of the line was a window licker!! fookin' hell im getting off of ntl after this month

greg

Message 18/23             07-Dec-05  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: Americans and Indian Call centres

k

ah!... you mean as used in adverts like 'Yes Car Credit' with that little bint in the crappy green boiler suit? - "The little girl" accent thing?

Message 19/23             07-Dec-05  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: Americans and Indian Call centres

craig

I'm sorry but when someone shells out $2500 for a PC and calls tech support and gets a guy with thick indian accent who calls himself "Jason" it's just not right. These call centers do a lot of things to hide the fact that they're located overseas and you can't blame consumers for feeling like they've been slighted.

Fact is these call centers are located overseas purely for economic reasons and fuck-all to customer service.

Message 20/23             07-Dec-05  @  10:15 PM   -   RE: Americans and Indian Call centres

steve

true.

but then again I switched ISP from Pipex, who had UK tech support, to Demon who as it turned out had Indian tech support because they were 2 (two) quid cheaper a month. Probably tells it's own story.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)