aaa my top 5 albums of 2005 - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: my top 5 albums of 2005

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 11

Original Message                 Date: 06-Dec-05  @  04:27 PM   -   my top 5 albums of 2005

Dominic

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

In order. MY top5.

1. Gorillaz - Demon Days
2. Beck - Guero
3. Nouvelle Vauge - Nouvelle Vauge
4. The Go! Team - Thunder, Lightening, Strike
5. Z - My Morning Jacket

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/105             07-Dec-05  @  06:10 PM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

monkeybasket2001

Much prefer a "moving melody" than a "complex" IDM drum pattern
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

yeah me too,

"today is all about rhythm..."

idm aint really rhythm imo, of course its rhythmical but must be the worst kind of music to want to get you moving-= hell even 'twin calls it braindance....... in fact ive found that even my fave idm rhythm was actually originally a loop....

greg

Message 12/105             07-Dec-05  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

k

Link?:  Link

hey radio 2 already is a better channel, sad but true... radio 1 is crap in the daytime.

i almost cried the other day when an advert came on for The Keiser Chiefs - the voice over said:

"The ASTONISHING new album from The Keiser Chiefs..."

yeah, i'd say they are right!... it's truly 'astonishing' boundry-pushing music

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 13/105             08-Dec-05  @  09:15 AM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

monkeybasket2001

does the keyboardist have any other sound than that square wave bloop?

greg

Message 14/105             08-Dec-05  @  09:58 AM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

beds

Link?: Link

it's the best square wave bloop he's got

Message 15/105             08-Dec-05  @  10:30 AM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

monkeybasket2001

oh, its a nicer bloop than mine.........

greg

Message 16/105             08-Dec-05  @  09:22 PM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

milan

oh btw... been listening to Sergent Garcia again lately... anyone know any other exciting sounding non-rock big live bands by any chance?

Message 17/105             11-Dec-05  @  01:25 AM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

Absorb Fish

my top 5 is:

Beck guero
BoC tch
MIA - Arular
m83 before the dawn
Lake trout - Not Them You

in that order

Message 18/105             11-Dec-05  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

steve

k wrote:

hey radio 2 already is a better channel, sad but true... radio 1 is crap in the daytime.

aint that the truth. even R1's better than 1 extra though, which is absolutely fucking shocking in the daytime - just take radio one's playlist, take out the stuff with guitars and in and there you have it. it doesn't seem to serve any purpose at all, they might as well only go on air in the evening's when it becomes worthwhile.

Message 19/105             11-Dec-05  @  01:03 PM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

k

Link?:  Link

agreed, there's a crisis it seems in daytime radio. the 'revamped' channels which only play new stuff are failing and the classic shows taking all the listeners... I guess the 'new-look' shows dont go off-beat enuff but also dont play oldies so they are just playing the cheesiest commercial dross & they all play the same 20 records. Capitals having probs i think, kiss is a sad joke and 'jazz-fm' plays NO actual jazz at all daytimes, x-fm plays only corny commercial indie.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 20/105             13-Dec-05  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

Dominic

So looks like Beck's Guero won. I like the tracks "Missing" and "Scarecrow".

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 11

There are 105 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)