aaa Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ? - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 08-Dec-05  @  01:39 AM   -   Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

2nd mouse

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I've had my tracks hosted here for over a month now. One of them has been played 147 times , but I've yet to have anyone leave a message to say if they even liked it.
7161 doesnt have a very welcoming vibe , and I got an " I'm alright Jack " feeling from here.
This message will probably be sneered at , but if there are a lot of people getting that sense about 7161 , people will feel alienated and the numbers will dwindle as they go to graze on other pastures.
This is the first time I've been back here in about 3 weeks and theres not a single review of any of my tracks. I have them based elsewhere , and there isn't this kinda problem at those sites

Just my 2 cents -------------------- 2ndMOUSE

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/55             08-Dec-05  @  04:21 PM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

k

hehe Bluescreen... you got pwned!... look, at the end of the day we dont have a bunch of investors breathing down our necks... i wonder what'll happen to myspace, cos with mp3.com they found it impossible to fund the high membership levels once it got huge membership.

You have to remember, we have no money at all.

The track-space upgrades will be opened within the next few days (either this week or early next week - they have just asked us to tweak a few things like a 'refund policy' page and card icons etc which we've now done, and i just need them to do another test then it goes live.

if we can get even 100 members who need proper 'un-cluttered by adverts' webspace/fileserving which is setup to admin mp3 streaming files etc then fine we can give the first 100 people a free extra 100 or more mb - I just want to see it like a co-op of people who want to share a server. Upgrade users also will get a free streaming video slot which I have to code in and that bit should be setup in january.

if after that we can then raise some more capital dosh, sure, we'll advertise a bit in selective places, have a radio-premises for 24hr broadcasting, run more competitions/prizes & get in some extra reviewers etc - also we're going to do domain names for users Homepages which IS setup and being tested. (you'll also get 1 email box at your domain)

apart from that i just want to see some good comps of unsigned bands.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/55             08-Dec-05  @  06:04 PM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

Maarten

Link?: Link

I'm with Clay on this one.. will eat my dinner and take some time for that big post of K's  .

Message 13/55             08-Dec-05  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

milan

lol at that review of Stefan's. EQPT? omfg... gimme a break!

really, who told you you know anything about sound eh?

Message 14/55             08-Dec-05  @  09:24 PM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

k

where?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 15/55             08-Dec-05  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

k

The Moujik wrote:

Ive always thought that DT/7161 had managed to achived a good balance; there doesnt seem to be the hit & run spamming of my latest trance track that their used to be, and equally there doesnt seem to be the reluctance to review you music unless youre a regular that there used to be.

I agree with K about myspace etc. - it can be a useful tool, but (for me) only in the same way that DT/7161 is.

Chris

Oh - the other thing I wanted to mention was that it seems a bit quieter here than usual - hence my (poor) picture of a tumbleweed ^^^

lol, i see now , anyways look, the site keeps moving on, people signup everyday, wtf

I dunno... mebbe I should put an ad' in Private Eye personals:

"If you type 'dance music' into google our site shows on page 1 or 2 out of xxx,000,000 pages - investor needed to add online music store"

today we're sitting alongside the BBC 'dance' section & Wikipedia, about rank 13 - i mean fug it.. that's gotta be worth a few bob in sales; we're turning over around 250-300k p.a for thomann in sales with no advertising at all.

Message 16/55             08-Dec-05  @  09:48 PM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

milan

Stefan = Bluescreen  

Message 17/55             08-Dec-05  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

k

heh heh muaaaahahahha... hey, I just checked something after that post cos it jogged me m-m-m-m-memory! - 3 days ago i added the search term 'myspace' to the dancetech index page and today it's ranking on page 3 for the google search: 'dance music, myspace'

interesting... above Billboard mag anyways

Message 18/55             08-Dec-05  @  09:59 PM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

k

milan wrote:

lol at that review of Stefans. EQPT? omfg... gimme a break!

really, who told you you know anything about sound eh?

of which track?

Message 19/55             09-Dec-05  @  01:01 AM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

milan

*insert eyerolling emoticon here*

in that post where you said he got "pwnd" innit! that quote! innit!

Message 20/55             09-Dec-05  @  02:28 AM   -   RE: Doesnt anyone ever give reviews ?

Influx

chalk up another vote for "what you give is what you get"

I wrote a long ass rant at another site:

http://www.nubreaks.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=10&t=19477&s=1f3f3af0ba728063448d218dc7a2200e

and even that was blatantly ignored

fact is people are incredibly self-centered these days, and eventually even those who weren't initially become burned out on the lack of reciprocation

I am the latter. I quit. I stopped. fuck me for doin it, I know, but I did. hell I hardly even post here anymore, and don't even write music, and if I did, well...I figure if Im not gonna actively critique others why ask for it?

so, to the OP...contribute. youre just another small fish in a HUGE ocean, and everyone thinks theirs is "the shit" and it may well be, but until someone behaves as part of a community, why should they get any love? special? BAH!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 55 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)