aaa more homepage updates - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: more homepage updates

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 04-Jan-06  @  10:09 PM   -   more homepage updates

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

ok... working on a new homepage template that's a bit more managable. Rather than everything being on a scrollable vertical page, it loads sections one at a time to the homepage from the buttons, so it's all a bit neater:

like this

haven't done the stuff to display tracks, mixes & albums yet, but you get the idea - probably we'll add an extra feild so people can add an intro text specialy for the homepage which is seperate from their 7161 page intro (mebbe)

also, i fixed the bug that caused the menu buttons not to change colour - they do now if you change the colour in the colour editor area of the Homepage admin.

to update, go to homepage admin on 7161 and click the green 'MAKE IT SO!' button & it'll update.

once these updates are all finished the PODCAST stuff will be on the homepages too.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/22             07-Jan-06  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: more homepage updates

Maarten

Link?: Link

Noice indeed!

Message 12/22             08-Jan-06  @  11:01 AM   -   RE: more homepage updates

k

yeah, the actual post went thru, it's just a missing forwarding variable ... almost there  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 13/22             08-Jan-06  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: more homepage updates

k

well the forum seems to be all ok now, editing works also.

gotta do the 'delete post' bit for admin now so the homepage owner can remove offensive posts.

That will just leave the front opening page & i wondered what you thought about that?... currently it's just the opening description text and kitlist as added to your dancetech/7161 admin/display page.

should we loose the kitlist totaly?... keep the original description? or add a new form feild for users to add a completely different intro text which would display in larger text?

or the frontpage could contain an intro text and then output NEWS items which the band/artist add's in their 7161/dancetech admin 'News admin'

?

whadday think?

Message 14/22             08-Jan-06  @  04:27 PM   -   RE: more homepage updates

Rags aka. Welder

As a listener I am interested in two things about a producer/group at first sight: who are they, and what are they doing. The "how" is less important. So I would move the kitlist away (although it provides some info about them in a remote way because I usually have my preconceptions about people based on the gear they use ).

So profile must be on the starting page (with their stylish/ugly logo, etc...), and I would prefer a link to their artist radio as well (that is what I usually press to have their stuff loaded into winamp). Kitlist is something to check later on if their music is good (and that would also prevent me saaociate them with a certain type of kit if they suck).

Message 15/22             08-Jan-06  @  06:18 PM   -   RE: more homepage updates

mcc>

keep the kitlist if it doesn't jeopardize anything to do so.
people always enjoy seeing what each other got....don't got....i do at least.
you could even say it's educational.
and since half your energy k has been spent discussing the virtues of the gear itself etc...i say it only adds to one's understanding. the artist forums are pointless since people don't discuss shit reagrding people's works anyway.....don't review shit....don't contribute shit.
and if you say something honest then you ARE shit.
just a waste of space and energy.

you wanna improve this site...create an alphabetical directory so visitors can poke around and check things out.
this can't be about us because there is no us.
but like rags said...a link to the podcast if there isn't already.
a chart with 100 places....more immediate views of more artists....fuck the bs especially when there isn't even any.
i'm watching one site where bs is half of it's claim-to-fame/attraction and they've expanded by nearly 150,ooo members each and every day for the past 5....going on 48 million.

i would say clean-up the front-yard....what people first see when they arrive and make it about the music...make it as elegant as possible and quit pretending there's any real interaction here.
what we have is a lot of 2nd mouse....

Message 16/22             08-Jan-06  @  07:30 PM   -   RE: more homepage updates

k

yeah, i'm binning it completely. So the opening page carries the description text as added in MY DETAILS admin in dancetech/7161 - that's easy, fiull it once and that's that. For updates etc, the frontpage now loads NEWS posted by the band/artist - so that is right on the frontpage, and they can add updates anytime via their 7161 NEWS admin (which I've fixed)

I figure that way they can leave a standard 'description' intro, and add updates via their newspage -

Gigs will be on seperate page.

Message 17/22             09-Jan-06  @  09:40 AM   -   RE: more homepage updates

milan

"Dance music, Myspace style free song hosting"? wtf???

Message 18/22             09-Jan-06  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: more homepage updates

k

for google searches of course. put:

'myspace, dance music'

into google and see...

Message 19/22             10-Jan-06  @  04:55 AM   -   RE: more homepage updates

k

can someone do me a favour and just check their normal homepage admin is loading ok... and just hit the 'MAKE IT SO' button, and tell me if it works for you before i add the new code in

Message 20/22             10-Jan-06  @  07:47 PM   -   RE: more homepage updates

Maarten

I tried, no cigar  

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)