aaa Site Frontpage change - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Site Frontpage change

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 13-Jan-06  @  03:31 PM   -   Site Frontpage change

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

yeah, in case you only come to the forum, new front alteration to rotate reviews and articles. Gives more variety

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/25             17-Jan-06  @  11:19 AM   -   RE: Site Frontpage change

k

bloody menu doesnt work in IE

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/25             17-Jan-06  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: Site Frontpage change

milan

Link?: Link

looks nice!

Message 13/25             18-Jan-06  @  10:24 AM   -   RE: Site Frontpage change

k

damn, it looks better at night that's for sure on this screen. In the day it looks a lot lighter of course.

Thing is, by checking google analytics we can see that with site frames, people are bowling into the site on the product display page via google etc. this with frames means theres no NAV to get the rest of the site and a high percentage of people bounce off that first page out of the site cos all they see is the page & no menu.

so, we gotta really bite the bullet and do what we should have done years ago which is make DT single-page, no frames. *sigh*

Message 14/25             18-Jan-06  @  11:15 AM   -   RE: Site Frontpage change

Rags aka. Welder

what if you just put a dancetech logo (or "back to dancetech" button) into every frame that has "important" info in it (stuff that google might find). Just for those people who have never changed teh address so it points to the main url...

Message 15/25             18-Jan-06  @  07:34 PM   -   RE: Site Frontpage change

k

no probs, we can add a statement to the main application page which covers all sub directories to do redirections, then leave the old pagfes in place just in case for a year or whatever.

anyways it's odd, cos the forums are dead as a fart, but we get the same amount of signups ever week as we ever did, and traffic coming into the site (from google especialy) is high considering we arent a major, but it's the frames that's killing it.

Message 16/25             19-Jan-06  @  11:37 PM   -   RE: Site Frontpage change

Zazza

Link?:  No link

me likee 1 shallow

Message 17/25             21-Jan-06  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: Site Frontpage change

k

if you wanna follwo the progress:

DT NEU

Just trying to make it more simple

Message 18/25             21-Jan-06  @  12:11 PM   -   RE: Site Frontpage change

Rags aka. Welder

Very nice, the new dropdown menu rules, maybe the transparent gear pics over the "dancetech" logo could be more transparent, but it is much better than the old frontpage

Message 19/25             21-Jan-06  @  12:38 PM   -   boomshanka

alexsimons33

check out new band Boomshanka everybody

Message 20/25             21-Jan-06  @  12:39 PM   -   boomshanka

alexsimons33

check out new band Boomshanka everybody

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)