aaa damn - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: damn

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 09-Apr-10  @  05:11 AM   -   damn

sitar

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

so many talented musicians have put up tracks on dancetech. we critisize each other so much
but damn. so much talent has come through here. you know the chill factor that sends chills up
your spine. dancetech posters have posted so many of those kind of tracks it's unbelievable
really. kudos to you bunch of miscreant bastards

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/48             13-Apr-10  @  05:41 PM   -   RE: damn

NastyM

Link?:  No link

just a thought, wouldnt cost anything, and maybe it may generate a little more interest within the site (not necessary new users,) after all anyone bobbing in for a good old nose is more likely to join, or return visit if there is a little going on, what says yow??
afterall it only requires an invitation on a notice board and say a little time by you and the team to review the tracks (what the hell offer it up to user votes as well or do the full slime-on cowheel trick and make people pay to vote! - if you want to offer a little incentive chuck in a badge and the track of the month slot!

Message 12/48             14-Apr-10  @  12:49 AM   -   RE: damn

sitar

Link?: Link

NastyM wrote:

just a thought, wouldnt cost anything, and maybe it may
generate a little more interest within the site (not necessary new users,) after all anyone bobbing in
for a good old nose is more likely to join, or return visit if there is a little going on, what says yow??

afterall it only requires an invitation on a notice board and say a little time by you and the team to
review the tracks (what the hell offer it up to user votes as well or do the full slime-on cowheel trick
and make people pay to vote! - if you want to offer a little incentive chuck in a badge and the track of
the month slot!

i think that's a good idea although not the pay to vote thing. i can't see people uploading credit card
info to vote. and i'm thinking DT is probably more productive and lucrative now but i still loved it when
more people were in the forum. all the slaggit stuff flinging around was stimulating.

Message 13/48             14-Apr-10  @  02:46 PM   -   RE: damn

NastyM

Was only joking with the pay to vote, but would love it if more people would get actively involved

Message 14/48             15-Apr-10  @  12:51 AM   -   RE: damn

sitar

i'm guilty. i haven't voted for a long time but there was a period when i wanted to post comments on
peoples' tracks and the comments didn't seem to go through. it was while the site was mid revamp.

Message 15/48             16-Apr-10  @  02:21 PM   -   RE: damn

Bedwyr

k wrote:

they spent it all on lawyers & bribing politicians... sorry

bastids!

I got the prs cash yesterday - £75 paid the phone bill and some beers.

I also got another job offer today - which i've taken - 20 years of scrounging around for a musical pittance and then 4 years of a university course and i get 2 job offers in a week.

If i ever post on here complaining about work, shoot me. ;)

... thinking about it don't shoot me, just a mild snarky comment will do.

///

i've no idea how to get forums going again - you might need to think about whether forums are the best thing for a site like this

have a look at stackoverflow.com

and a related music oriented site keyminor.com

Message 16/48             17-Apr-10  @  02:28 AM     Edit: 17-Apr-10  |  03:21 AM   -   RE: damn

NastyM

that'll do beds your half way there keep talking and yapping you owd married sot

ps 20 years o workin 1 nasty RTA maybe no trad work again , maybe just maybe the next 20 doin sound n scrounge

im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pissed off righty now

sorry to all who have been brutalized

narked M

Message 17/48             17-Apr-10  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: damn

k

rta? what?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 18/48             17-Apr-10  @  10:48 PM   -   RE: damn

Bedwyr

road traffic accident? i think it's an insurance term.

Message 19/48             19-Apr-10  @  10:33 AM   -   RE: damn

NastyM

Its a fuck Martyn right off the road term!

Message 20/48             20-Apr-10  @  12:24 AM   -   RE: damn

sitar

i'm thinking 'sound on sound' should have been named 'sound sound'. you know like a sound theory
or sound ideas and sound as in what our ears put up with all day long. just think of the money the
mag would have saved on ink by omitting the word *on* over time and the printing of millions of
mags. and don't get me wrong, it's a great mag but what does 'sound on sound' mean? is the owner
of the mag "Samuel Sound" or something? now the acronym SOS makes sense. heaven knows my
tracks needed more SOS than one magazine could possibly offer but I doubt they named their mag
so they'd have a cool acronym. and since you've all asked whats up with the name "future music" i'll
shed some light. no fucking clue. you could write a renaissance track for crumhorn, psaltery,
recorder, percussion...oh and if you ever wanted to know where drummer jokes got their start....

click

and let's not forget *bladderpipe* (a real pisser playing that), and if you haven't uploaded the track yet
to dancetech it qualifies as future music and yet i never saw an ad for any of that kit in the mag.

now that you think i've totally changed the present topic here's where i'm going with all of this. my
forum posts have always been far more entertaining than my tracks. more people posted in the
forum when i was posting tracks. since i stopped posting tracks more people are listening to the
track list. coincidence? i think not. if i start posting tracks again i guarantee listenership will drop and
people will be back in the forum.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 48 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)