aaa Novation make me a h/w seq. - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Novation make me a h/w seq.

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 17-Jan-98  @  11:11 PM   -   Novation make me a h/w seq.

storjorden

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Schaltwerke and Maq11 or whatever... But there all so expensive.. And there sure is a market for hardware patternbased sequencers! I know a lot of techno/trance producers that'd love to have one.. Plz make one..

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/27             05-Aug-98  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: Novation make me a h/w seq.

YES!

WE ALL WANT THAT!
WE ALL WANT THAT!
WE ALL WANT THAT!
WE ALL WANT THAT!
WE ALL WANT THAT!
MAKE THE INTERFACE LIKE A TRAKCER PROGGIE!

Message 12/27             07-Aug-98  @  05:04 PM   -   RE: Novation make me a h/w seq.

cyborg0

Well, I think that it is well about time for this to come to fruition!
Make it do essentially everything the quasimidi 309 does, have 8 seperate midi tracks,, knobs and all, but make it more stable, and cheaper, and we will stampede to your door.
BUT, one important addition you would need to make to the q309 idea. It would need to be able to sequence pads, strings, and long held notes, PLUS, be able to record midi input from other sources AND have triggerable motif type fill buttons that send midii. The 309 cannot do this.
Also, if you could accurately implement 303 slide via midi through pitch bend (of course, data thinning would be in order to not cause a midi jam) you would have more ppl than you know beating each other for it.
Make it somewhat like the 309, mc303, or cyber-6 but with no internal sounds and implement an accurate switchable 202/303/porta slide feature plus a bunch of controller knobs, Heck, maybe even make the slide envelope adjustable (logarithmic, parabolic linear, constant slide time, hz/sec) that could be really cool..
rob
get hot

Message 13/27             10-Aug-98  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: Novation make me a h/w seq.

Muffy

I definately DO NOT want a toy like a 309 / MC303/505. I DO NOT want Motifs. Just give us a hardware sequencer NOT, I repeat NOT, an auto-accompniment tool (a la Bon Tempi) - I don't want to sound like everyone else! I hope I'm not in the minority here.....what does everyone else think.

Phil, could you give us a clue as to weather this will be a future product.

Message 14/27             10-Aug-98  @  09:58 PM   -   RE: Novation make me a h/w seq.

cyborg0

First of all, Muffy, have you EVER used a 309 OR a cyber-6 OR raven? Notice, I said "like"..
I didnt say "give me a unstable piece of crap with filtered gm sounds". If you want just a hardware sequencer, get a bunch of parts, a black box and build yer own..
BUT, if you know anything about production, you would know that the box and the knobs are most of the price you pay for synths, and to get ppl to buy it, you have to have more features otherwise ppl won't ( i KNOW i wouldnt) pay 500 bux for a unit that I could build for 50 bux!

As long as its stable and as long as you can go from song mode, pattern play mode, to step entry mode WITHOUT timing glitches, it would destroy any other sequencer out there..

Besides, I have seen ppl do VERY good trax with the mc303.. it seems like some of the purists are the only ones offended by it. Good music is good music..I have made cool noises with a damn kazoo, doesnt mean i bash kazoos cuz they arent analog and arent roland..
rob

Message 15/27             10-Aug-98  @  10:07 PM   -   RE: Novation make me a h/w seq.

cyborg0

BTW, a sequencer or any piece of gear that is solely controlled by a touch screen is begging for disaster.. Novation, promise youll NEVER develop anything with a touch screen!  
Anyone ever used a Trinity? its a joke, slo as hell.. might as well just use a pc..

Message 16/27             11-Aug-98  @  11:23 AM   -   RE: Novation make me a h/w seq.

Muffy

I dont want to get into an ARGUMENT about what constitutes a good hardware sequencer. The point I was trying to make was that I, personally, dont want an auto-accompniment machine which is basically what MC303/505 and 309's are. By the way, I sold my Quasimidi 309 after 1 month although I do still own a Raven (but for how long?). I borrowed an MC505 for a week and was bored with it within a day. So Novation, what do you think?

Message 17/27             11-Aug-98  @  01:07 PM   -   RE: Novation make me a h/w seq.

kilo

agreed about the trinity... i thought it was just me !....

Message 18/27             11-Aug-98  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: Novation make me a h/w seq.

Muffy

From the discussion above its obvious people are very passionate about owning a "decent" hardware sequencer (the more features, the better) and ditching their PC/MAC software.
How about : Novation SuperSequencer.....to join the SuperSampler ;-))
Remember : Lots of Knobs & Sliders.

Message 19/27             13-Aug-98  @  11:54 AM   -   RE: Novation make me a h/w seq.

Phill

I know about Trnity touch screens, our plot with the supernova was to have "real" knobs rather than "slow" virtual ones! Try tweaking a filter @ 3am in a bangin club on a virtual screen!!
Not for me!!

Keep those ideas comin.

Message 20/27             29-Aug-98  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: Novation make me a h/w seq.

303hippo

Personally, I don't want to give up my pc for sequencing tracks, but at the same time, I rarely come up with leads or basses on the computer that I do sending cv out of my 202. there's a charachter about it that just never comes across, I am VERY interested in owning a h/w seq, but I am not willing to spend more the 3-500 dollars. I don't think this cost is at all to low if you designed to be integrated with a software sequencer. Maybe different knob to select the bank, pattern, and step your editing, than just a row of sliders controling pitch, velocity, release, and maybe a couple of assignable controlloers. then just a section for tempo control, and your done. The seller for me would be din/cv/gate outs as well as midi. You could program your lines on the sequencer, and either send em out via midi to the computer, or trigger (and retrigger) the patterns with a midi note(maybe even transpose with midi as well) This setup would pretty much cover everythin I could want in a hardware sequencer, and fit it all in a box the size of a 303. I'm not sure how long I've drone on here, but I think I got it all. . . Oh yeah whoever mentioned the mimiced 303 slide. . . excellent idea, don't know how easy that would be to implement though. . .

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)